05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Seat Covers from MustangUpholestry.com

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/06, 04:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Covers from MustangUpholestry.com

Gents,
A general question..Has anyone purchased these covers for their mustang? If so pictures? I keep reading around that they are having problems with the side impact air bags and have yet to ship any covers...Did all mustangs ship with side impact? Because I dont think I have them.

Thanks
Cheers!
Irish
Old 5/31/06, 07:14 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
They are doing a set of covers for Project Source Horse, but we have decided to replace just the center inserts to keep from having to worry about the side air bags. Not all 2005+ Mustangs have the side air bags, and Mustang Upholstery should be able to ship covers with no problems. I'll email them a link to this thread and let them reply directly.
Old 5/31/06, 07:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny you should ask. I recently sent an email to Dane Root, the head of interiors (I think thats his title), and told him I was wondeirng when the Pony and Sport seats would be available with Side Airbag compatability. He told me a few months yet, as they are still testing the covers for the airbags to deploy properly. He did say, that if you wanted a set, to order one from one of their vendors, and he may get it pushed through quicker. Now personally, as much as I want to put new seats in Dark Charcoal, with Royal Blue inserts in my car, since this is dealing with the airbags in the seats, I can wait the few months. This is something I don't want rushed. Plus, it gives me more time to get more $$ saved up. From what I heard, the company is great to deal with, its just that their site needs to be updated, as they have alot more colors for the seat inserts for the new Mustang's seats, but they don't have any place on their site that shows what they got. I would just stay patient and hope these will be available by August. Hope this helps.
Old 5/31/06, 10:37 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Brad,
What color inserts are you getting?
Old 5/31/06, 12:37 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
PSH is getting black carbon fiber Mach 1 center inserts (where they are graphite in the photo) with a Tungsten stripe (where it is red in the photo). I'm also hoping for their adjustable headrests with custom logo embroidery in silver.

Old 5/31/06, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Brad, you have any info on when the seat covers with side airbag compatability will be available? I am really craving the sport or pony in the stock dark charcoal with Royal Blue inserts, with the matching door inserts? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 6/1/06, 06:42 AM
V6 Member

Side Air Bags

Any quick way to figure out if you have the side airbags?
Thanks
Cheers!
Irish
Old 6/1/06, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Look for the little tag on the side of the seat that says SIDE AIRBAG.
(see pic)
Attached Images  
Old 6/1/06, 12:04 PM

2005-07 Air Bag Seats

The Air Bag Seats were not as prevalent on 2005 cars but more common on 2006 GT's. It sounds like even more 2007 Mustangs will get this safety option. TMI Classic Automotive Interiors is manufacturing and selling the seat upholstery sets for non-air bag equipped Mustangs in several vinyl and leather colors.
You can identify air bag seats by the small cloth tag on the seam near the top of the seat back facing out. If it's not there you don't have air bags.
Although later than we like TMI engineers have scheduled the testing process in June for an expected August Release Date in time for the 2007 models. We apologize for the delay but it's very important to get this right.
In the meantime, we can cover your console lids, shift boots, door panels and convertible top boots.
Best To You!
Dean Satterfield
Sales & Marketing Manager
TMI Classic Automotive Interiors
Old 6/1/06, 12:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Funny you should ask. I recently sent an email to Dane Root, the head of interiors (I think thats his title), and told him I was wondeirng when the Pony and Sport seats would be available with Side Airbag compatability. He told me a few months yet, as they are still testing the covers for the airbags to deploy properly. He did say, that if you wanted a set, to order one from one of their vendors, and he may get it pushed through quicker. Now personally, as much as I want to put new seats in Dark Charcoal, with Royal Blue inserts in my car, since this is dealing with the airbags in the seats, I can wait the few months. This is something I don't want rushed. Plus, it gives me more time to get more $$ saved up. From what I heard, the company is great to deal with, its just that their site needs to be updated, as they have alot more colors for the seat inserts for the new Mustang's seats, but they don't have any place on their site that shows what they got. I would just stay patient and hope these will be available by August. Hope this helps.
Yep, Dane told me that we have a plethora of colors available. Any exterior color that was ever offered on the Mustang is available on their seats.
Old 6/2/06, 06:52 AM
V6 Member

Insert Color and Seat Color and delays?

Gents,
I have a couple of questions and looking for some feedback as well. In the brochure that I downloaded from the site, they had two smaller photos.

1. Showed charcoal Front seats with yellow inset section.

2. Red rear seat with charcoal inset section and matching convert boot.

So the questions are as follows.

1. How good is the color match with yellow. I have a yellow convert and wanted to get a good match.

2. The picture showing the red rear seats looks sharp with the striped convert boot. Can this config be pulled of with yellow?

Finally I did order the shift boot about a month ago. Should I be making some calls or is this the customary wait time?

Thanks
Cheers!
Irish
Old 6/3/06, 02:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you can't wait on these, Katskin will do any color combo. And they are side air bag ready......