05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Roush seat covers with Saleen vented headrest - will it look ok??

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/12, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush seat covers with Saleen vented headrest - will it look ok??

I am shopping around for new leather seat covers for my 07 GT and curious if anyone has installed one of the Roush cover sets (including Stage 3, Jack Roush sig, or Black Jack) with vented Saleen headrests?

I want to keep my Saleen headrests, but not sure if the design of the Roush covers with the notched headrest area will look right.

Here's a picture of Black Jack covers as an example.

Last edited by Doogie; 9/3/12 at 12:31 PM.
Old 9/4/12, 08:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I have the stage 3 covers and I've got a set of vents , just haven't had them installed yet , and I never considered that they might not look good with vents. I plan on putting them in the my Roush headrests , but it sounds like you have the entire Saleen head rest , is that why your not sure about them ?
Old 9/4/12, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Yes, I have full set of Saleen headrests. But I would assume the Roush covers simply provide a matching headrest cover, so in theory the only potential risk is the leather matching. But even with the stock seats, the color is off slightly as the Saleen headrests are black... whereas the stock leather is charcoal.
Old 9/4/12, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
Yes, I have full set of Saleen headrests. But I would assume the Roush covers simply provide a matching headrest cover, so in theory the only potential risk is the leather matching. But even with the stock seats, the color is off slightly as the Saleen headrests are black... whereas the stock leather is charcoal.

Sounds like a good concept. Those vents are comfy.