05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Pass Side Power Seat

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/05, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the cold settles in and the snow starts to build....I've been thinking of add-ons to the Mustang "mods-to-do" list. Has anyone tried to install a power seat frame on the passenger side as of yet. KC...can it be done? Any parts info...will a driver's side swap over? Any thoughts and input will be helpful.
Old 12/20/05, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I asked the same thing. My wife is short and I would like to get a power seat for her side to raise it up, or at least just find some other way to raise the seat - SAFELY.

I asked KC and he said it would be very expensive. Plus you will need a power source. I already have power leads down there for the seat heaters.

I also thought about swapping sides. I usually don't adjust my seat, so I would be fine without having one on my side. Haven't gotten around to checking on that. I do have a CD manual, but haven't looked in there for any drawings yet.
Old 12/21/05, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

would it be easier to find a drivers seat assembly from a wrecked 05/06?
Old 12/22/05, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I was thinking of using a driver's side donor, but was not sure if it would mount properly or if there is enough clearance. My other worry is powering the motor, does Ford offer the power seat harness independent of a complete harness? Can easily wire it into the main harness and can use the driver's side switch. KC...can you offer any input????
Old 12/22/05, 01:33 PM

Been there tried that .....

Last winter when I added my Cobra Datonas I wanted not only power on the Drivers side but also the passenger.

The problem with using the drivers side frame mounts is that the seat belt Latch is WELDED to the right hand side. It is not bolted to the floor. So when you put the driver seat on the passenger side you will have the seat belt latch on the wrong side of the seat. Clearence issues because of the welding mount will also come into play.

You would have to cut this all off - then figure out a way to bolt it back up. I believe the bolt pattern to the floor (on my 01 anyway) was the same.

If you are all talking about the new cars check it out and see if it is the same.

Unfortunately ford does not offer a pass side power chair. Oh and BTW - the power rails and the entire power assembly for the driver side is 1 part and REALLY Pricey.

Plus the newer seats have the power unit built into the front of the seat so if you were to figure this out for the pass side - the power supply **** box would have to be mounted somewhere.

Hope this helps.