05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Let's see your interiors!

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/10 | 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Harnesses and harness bar fitted.

Eduardo.
Old 1/24/10 | 07:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks great but...can you actually manage to convince people to sit in the back with that thing?
Old 1/24/10 | 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cavero
Looks great but...can you actually manage to convince people to sit in the back with that thing?
No, totaly for personal plaisure. Wouldn't be legal as you would bang your head on it on eavy braking.

Only use the car 3000 miles a year for fun or track driving.
Old 1/25/10 | 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Ummmm lets see... Nothing too crazy. I wanted everything to stay stock looking.

Hurst Shifter, Kenwood Head Unit, Bullitt Steering Wheel, SD Shifter Bezel, CDC Floor mats, Polk DB components in the doors, Moss Pedals, LED Interior lights

Old 1/26/10 | 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is a pic of the brushed overhead console I adapted to fit my car. I always liked the look of the '67 pony interior with the brushed aluminum panels and overhead console. This panel is from a '67 Tbird (very similar)
as the Mustangs piece would be impossible to adapt. I had to cut it and add the bends to conform to the headliner.
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...ousPics025.jpg

Old 1/26/10 | 02:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I gotta admit, that's pretty nifty... very nice!

/gives me an idea...
Old 1/26/10 | 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MustangGuy
Here is a pic of the brushed overhead console I adapted to fit my car. I always liked the look of the '67 pony interior with the brushed aluminum panels and overhead console. This panel is from a '67 Tbird (very similar)
as the Mustangs piece would be impossible to adapt. I had to cut it and add the bends to conform to the headliner.
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...ousPics025.jpg

How did you put it on,did you glue it ??
Old 1/26/10 | 05:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by george06
How did you put it on,did you glue it ??
I used metal drapery hooks. The console has 4 brackets on the back and rather than remove the headliner, I placed the hooks in the brackets and slid the whole unit in position from the rear to front. The hooks have needle like protrusions, I filed these to make them sharp, which pierce the headliner without damaging it. The front console bracket was trimmed and it is slid under the existing small console. The back of the long console was bent in a 'U' shape to wrap up under the headliner giving a finished look.

I also installed 2 LED lights in the rear of the headliner on either side of the console which shine down on the rear seat to give more interior lighting. Makes for a nice effect when the doors are opened or the interior lights are turned on.
Old 1/26/10 | 07:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's **** slick...
Old 1/26/10 | 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Eduardo de Sousa
No, totaly for personal plaisure. Wouldn't be legal as you would bang your head on it on eavy braking.

Only use the car 3000 miles a year for fun or track driving.
Eduardo, the car looks great. The only comment I have is that you should consider getting 5 or 6 point harnesses. From a safety point of view, the stock 3-point system is actually superior to those 4-points.
Old 1/27/10 | 02:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Import-Slaya
Eduardo, the car looks great. The only comment I have is that you should consider getting 5 or 6 point harnesses. From a safety point of view, the stock 3-point system is actually superior to those 4-points.
Thanks,

It is a 5 points Harness but didn't fit the submarine belt.

Regarding safety on the 4 points i am defenetly attached to the seat when all for belts are on.
Much less risk to hit the steering in case of crash and the roof in case of rollover than the loose stock 3 points.

Eduardo.
Old 1/29/10 | 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Eduardo de Sousa
Thanks,

It is a 5 points Harness but didn't fit the submarine belt.

Regarding safety on the 4 points i am defenetly attached to the seat when all for belts are on.
Much less risk to hit the steering in case of crash and the roof in case of rollover than the loose stock 3 points.

Eduardo.
You can probably have a good interior person add a cutout for the sub belt--money well spent. It isn't an issue of being firmly attached. The problem is that in a mid to high speed crash without a sub belt, the physics dictate that your torso will slip several inches under the lap belt before loading up and restraining forward movement.

If you are lucky when this occurs, the lap belt drives your xiphoid process into your heart and you die a quick and painless death. If you aren't so lucky, the lap belt obliterates your spleen, liver, intestines, bladder, etc... and you die with a long, drawn out death. There's a reason why you can run on the track with a 3-pt system, a 5-pt system, or a 6-pt system, but a 4-pt system will get you sent home by many organizations...
Old 1/29/10 | 09:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
Interior Mods
  • Pioneer FH-P8000BT Head Unit
  • SilverHorse Racing Polished Billet Cup Holder Bezel
  • SilverHorse Racing Polished Billet E Brake Handle
  • SilverHorse Racing Polished Billet Climate Control *****
  • SilverHorse Racing Polished Billet Shifter Bezel
  • SilverHorse Racing Chrome Door Lock Pins
  • SilverHorse Racing Chrome Mirror Adjustment ****
  • SilverHorse Racing Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
  • MGW Two Tone GT Outlet Plug
  • Hurst STS With Optional Black ****
very nice ,,here is mine so far,still working on itLet's see your interiors!-451558-r1-20-19a.jpg

Let's see your interiors!-451558-r1-03-2a.jpg

Let's see your interiors!-451558-r1-02-1a.jpg

Let's see your interiors!-284682-r1-04-3a_005.jpg
Old 1/29/10 | 10:27 PM
Post *****

Old 1/29/10 | 10:28 PM
NTTAWWT

^I call

there's no where near that much brain in your head!
Old 1/29/10 | 10:36 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
^I call

there's no where near that much brain in your head!
Actually my head is much bigger. I've basically got a giant melon head. I have trouble buying hats. Just think of a white George Lopez.
Old 1/30/10 | 04:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Import-Slaya
You can probably have a good interior person add a cutout for the sub belt--money well spent. It isn't an issue of being firmly attached. The problem is that in a mid to high speed crash without a sub belt, the physics dictate that your torso will slip several inches under the lap belt before loading up and restraining forward movement.

If you are lucky when this occurs, the lap belt drives your xiphoid process into your heart and you die a quick and painless death. If you aren't so lucky, the lap belt obliterates your spleen, liver, intestines, bladder, etc... and you die with a long, drawn out death. There's a reason why you can run on the track with a 3-pt system, a 5-pt system, or a 6-pt system, but a 4-pt system will get you sent home by many organizations...
Thank you,

It is defenetly true that a 5 points is better than 4.

Now, a lot of 4 points are being sold in the market and i don't think they would be legal if, properly used they would cause that much injury.

I think submarining under the belt is very much caused in cars when you are very much in a flatter position (legs straight or wrong angle of the seat) instead of upright.

As well a lot of driver will some times strap their shoulder belts first then the lap ones who will cause the lap belt to lift up.

The 5 points is allowing the lap belt to stay in the right position more than sliding under as it doesnt have to be a tight fit.

Eduardo.
Old 1/30/10 | 07:24 AM
GT Member

We use 5 point in our car, has to be NHRA legal....track is NHRA sanctioned.

Old 1/30/10 | 09:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
We use 5 point in our car, has to be NHRA legal....track is NHRA sanctioned.

Did you make a hole on your seat for the submarine belt as it shouldn't go around it? Can't see the drivers one.

Eduardo.
Old 1/30/10 | 09:50 AM
Cobra R Member

u guys should make a seatbelt thread. Lots of good info with pix that many wont be able to find in here.
Just an idea. Love the interior shots! MOAR!!!!

Quick Reply: Let's see your interiors!