05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Interior Revamp for the LL GTA

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/07, 01:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I get some piping that matches the screaming yellow? PLEASE HELP......
Old 5/29/07, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PonyGirl
Where can I get some piping that matches the screaming yellow? PLEASE HELP......
Drop a PM to pitpup on here. If he doesn't have any, he can probably steer you in the right direction. Good luck!
Old 5/29/07, 06:59 PM
Banned

Thanks, I will try and find him.
Old 6/12/07, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Anybody know what color matches Redfire the best? Who is selling it?
Thanks
Old 10/1/07, 10:53 AM

First post on this forum, so first of all, hello to everyone and sorry for reviving a very old thread. I got a link to this thread from "another forum" and thought I'd register and see if anyone here can help me.

I have a problem and hope someone who has tried this welt product can help me find a solution. I ordered some of the silver tinsel welt from Mr. Mike's and received in a just a few days. GREAT service! However, since I received the product, I've tried to get it installed on my door but CANNOT get it to work. Why? Well, it seems that my door molding is different than those of the owners who posted photos in this thread. Specifically, even though my GT is a premium model, I don't have the interior upgrade package, and therefore, my doors don't have the soft panel "inserts" that are actually applied on top of the basic hard plastic molding that comes standard. That outer panel is the key, and I wish I knew that before I ordered this stuff! The IUP door panels are essentially TWO pieces, and by the outer softer panel being applied onto the harder plastic molding, it must create a tiny little crack that allows the spline of the welt to actually slide into it and stay. But my door is ONE PIECE of nothing but the hard plastic molding -- I have no soft panel, and for that reason, there is no tiny little crack that the spline can slide into. The groove that's carved into basic molding is exactly that....just a groove and there is nothing for the spline to grab onto.

So, my point is.....is there ANYONE out there WITHOUT the IUP who has purchased the welting from Mr. Mike's and was actually able to get it to work in the molded groove? If so, how did you do it? Glue? Tape? Some other solution?

I talked to Mr. Mike today and he said he was completely surprised that I'm the only one with that kind of door panel AND that others just like me haven't tried his product. He thinks someone just like me had to have tried it and gotten it to work, so that's why I'm here. In any case, my explanation to him came as a surprise and he could offer no solutions other than glue. I'm thinking about using glue, but I'm concerned that using a glue that's too strong (i.e. model glue) will actually fuse to the plastic molding and damage it....and just in case I ever decide to remove the welt, I don't want permanent damage.

Anyone?
Old 10/1/07, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Silencer06
First post on this forum, so first of all, hello to everyone and sorry for reviving a very old thread. I got a link to this thread from "another forum" and thought I'd register and see if anyone here can help me.

I have a problem and hope someone who has tried this welt product can help me find a solution. I ordered some of the silver tinsel welt from Mr. Mike's and received in a just a few days. GREAT service! However, since I received the product, I've tried to get it installed on my door but CANNOT get it to work. Why? Well, it seems that my door molding is different than those of the owners who posted photos in this thread. Specifically, even though my GT is a premium model, I don't have the interior upgrade package, and therefore, my doors don't have the soft panel "inserts" that are actually applied on top of the basic hard plastic molding that comes standard. That outer panel is the key, and I wish I knew that before I ordered this stuff! The IUP door panels are essentially TWO pieces, and by the outer softer panel being applied onto the harder plastic molding, it must create a tiny little crack that allows the spline of the welt to actually slide into it and stay. But my door is ONE PIECE of nothing but the hard plastic molding -- I have no soft panel, and for that reason, there is no tiny little crack that the spline can slide into. The groove that's carved into basic molding is exactly that....just a groove and there is nothing for the spline to grab onto.

So, my point is.....is there ANYONE out there WITHOUT the IUP who has purchased the welting from Mr. Mike's and was actually able to get it to work in the molded groove? If so, how did you do it? Glue? Tape? Some other solution?

I talked to Mr. Mike today and he said he was completely surprised that I'm the only one with that kind of door panel AND that others just like me haven't tried his product. He thinks someone just like me had to have tried it and gotten it to work, so that's why I'm here. In any case, my explanation to him came as a surprise and he could offer no solutions other than glue. I'm thinking about using glue, but I'm concerned that using a glue that's too strong (i.e. model glue) will actually fuse to the plastic molding and damage it....and just in case I ever decide to remove the welt, I don't want permanent damage.

Anyone?
How bout searching junkyards for the inserts?
Old 10/2/07, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nick, as the originator of this thread, I feel for 'ya because the mod is really quick, really inexpensive and pretty neat considering the work you don't have to put into it. Other than finding a set of take-off's from the junkyard, I don't know what to tell you other than your idea about the glue should work....as long as it's done carefully. Speaking of which...be extra careful about removeability. If you use Gorilla Glue, it'll never come off and any mistakes not wiped up immediately will tarnish the door panel forever.

This idea may be tedious but how about buying some 3M double sided tape (any width will do) and using an ExActo knife to cut a very thin strip that you can fit unobtrusively all the way around the panel into the small gap that's there. Then.....press on your piping. Something to try and won't cost very much if it doesn't work, just make sure that the door panel and the trimmed piping are cleaned up with dishsoap or something to take any oily residue off, making sure the 3M will stick to both.

Otherwise, good luck. Mark