05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Finally a double din nav unit not from kenwood!

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/05, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rcinco@May 8, 2005, 8:20 AM
I just had the AVIC-D! intalled in my 05 Mustang GT last Friday night. I was told by the installers that this unit was the first one that was sold and installed in the San Francisco Bay area (according to the local Pioneer distributor). It took two installers over 5 hours to install the system. The most of their challenges was due to the fact that the 05 is so new, there are not a lot of parts available for it (e.g. wire harnesses, adapter/surround for the head unit, etc.). Also, it was their first time installing this system so their was a learning curve.

The system is awesome! I got it with the full nav set-up as well as the iPod adapter. I have the XM satellite tuner on order (it's supposed to come out later this month). The only issue that I have so far is that there are gaps around the top and bottom of the unit because there is no adapter for the unit for this specific car. The installer is custom building a custom surround adapter that will fill the gaps and make the unit look like it was from the factory rather than a bad install.

I'll post pics later today.

Can't wait to see the pics of that bad boy!!
Old 5/8/05, 08:38 AM
GT Member

I ordered mine from Crutchfield yesterday......even though the site says it doesn't fit, the reps there said it's an error. They have the harness and the dash kit for it as well. Mine should be here Wednesday or so. I'll keep you up to speed as to how accurate their info is, but I gotta tell ya.....they have always been right for me. I ordered it on their reputation.

Lookin forward to the pics also!!!!!
Old 5/8/05, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Pioneer had a 2005 Mustang with the D1 installed touring at a mall here in San Diego.

It is a pretty sweet unit that looks very natural in the Mustang. They even had the reverse-cam installed. I will definately be going with the Pioneer if I do a NAV unit. I especially like the XM NavTraffic feature. It shows you current traffic contidions (alerts, closures, etc.) on the map and routes you around them. Nice.
Old 5/8/05, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by Axslynger@May 8, 2005, 8:41 AM
I ordered mine from Crutchfield yesterday......even though the site says it doesn't fit, the reps there said it's an error. They have the harness and the dash kit for it as well. Mine should be here Wednesday or so. I'll keep you up to speed as to how accurate their info is, but I gotta tell ya.....they have always been right for me. I ordered it on their reputation.

Lookin forward to the pics also!!!!!
Excellent! Give us all the details on the installation - pics during install would be nice! Do you have one of the Shaker systems in yours or the standard CD?
Old 5/8/05, 09:19 AM
GT Member

I had the shaker 500, but it didn't last long. I have the AVIC-N1 from my previous car, but I really wanted nav traffic being so close to NYC. I'll do my best for the install pics.

On a different note....anyone from the NY, NJ or CT area looking for a slightly used and in perfect working order BTW... AVIC N1 + XM radio (no nav traffic though)