05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Finally - an adapter for our Shaker "Aux" function

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Was at the F-150 forum today and came across this link to a posible adapter for our Mustang and the F-150's....it is made by PIE and is the PIEFRD03-AUX100 2004-05 Ford "CD6" Auxiliary Input Adapter.....I'm not an "audiophile" expert - can someone in the know check this out for us? I just purchased an '05 F-150 SCREW to compliment my '05 Mustang GT and the SCREW has the same CD6 HU - just not marked as the "Shaker" system....I sure would like to hard wire XM in both my vehicles!!

http://www.f150online.com/forums/link.cfm?...ail.aspx?ID=756
Old 6/7/05, 04:32 AM
Cobra Member

I'm right with you, Bradley. While I can get XM via the FM modulator, I'd rather have it hard-wired to the system and available via the "AUX" button on my Shaker 500 as well!

Great find. I'll check into it with my installer. Thanks for sharing the information.

Should have an answer soon...
Old 6/7/05, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

This is potentially great news! I have an '04 F-150 and an '05 Mustang GT, both with XM Commanders running through an FM modulator. If this thing is the real deal I'm gonna have to break out the Cohiba's!
Old 6/7/05, 07:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Man that sure looks like one. I havent looked at the back or anything. But have seen the diagrams. Also has the rca plug ins right there. That would be awesome. Hopefully someone gets one for the f150 and tries it on there stang. Well anyway cant wait to here more on this one. Good luck

Well when I read further it says you must have a cd/aux button. I wonder if that is exactly what the button would say, or could have them seperately. Because on my system, the aux button is by itself, and cd am/fm on the other side. Anyway who knows.
Old 6/7/05, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The F150 site says that the radio must have the 16 and 24 pin connectors for their adapter to work. And they showed a picture. If you compare that picture to the back of the shaker seen here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...11178&hl=shaker
it sure looks like it has the neccessary connectors. Whether or not they are connected inside the radio is a different story.

I hope somebody gives it a try soon.
Old 6/7/05, 11:14 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But in the compatability section it says the button must read CD/AUX not AUX???.....

Old 6/7/05, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

jump in bradley and get it =)..I ended up installing my sirius kit with a WIRED kenwood tuner/modulator and it works very well suprisingly so far..much better than the unit I originally had in my BMW..But, if you can get this to work I will switch over immediately
Old 6/7/05, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Based on their description, it sounds like it will NOT work in the 05 Mustang.

They took the time to specifically call out that it does not work in radios with just an "AUX" button... that it needs the "CD/AUX" button that apparently signifies rear seat entertainment system compatibility.

Can only assume that since they bothered to continue to say it won't work in radios with just an "AUX" button (which the Shakers have), that it will not work.

But hey, if someone wants to try anyway, that's fine too lol

Getting closer though...
Old 6/9/05, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by RMac@June 7, 2005, 6:06 PM
Based on their description, it sounds like it will NOT work in the 05 Mustang.

They took the time to specifically call out that it does not work in radios with just an "AUX" button... that it needs the "CD/AUX" button that apparently signifies rear seat entertainment system compatibility.

Can only assume that since they bothered to continue to say it won't work in radios with just an "AUX" button (which the Shakers have), that it will not work.

But hey, if someone wants to try anyway, that's fine too lol
Getting closer though...

rmac - you may be right - the only hope I had was that my F-150 has the option for rear seat overhead DVD system and my HU is the exact same as my Mustang "Shaker 500" with the AUX button in the same place.....I'm going to stay with this and see what comes of it - I also ran across someone on the F-150 board saying just today that Metra finally came out with a harness that he was able to use the AUX button to connect an aftermarket sub.....I've got a message into him to see exactly what he is referring to. I'm also going to find my earlier e-mail trail with Metra and ask them if they have it out yet......hopefully (fingers crossed) we can all use that darn AUX button soon!!!!
Old 6/9/05, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds promising... let us know how it turns out!

Can't wait to be able to hardwire the iPod... the FM modulators just don't cut it.
Old 6/11/05, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@June 9, 2005, 6:26 PM
hopefully (fingers crossed) we can all use that darn AUX button soon!!!!
I've just bought an XM Commander. Hubby's going to install....wants to use the AUX button, but doesn't have an inside pic of stock single CD radio. Anybody have one, or run across a wiring diagram for the AUX button or whatever it would take to use the AUX button....I've read here that it's only for the rear seat DVD players. Anybody else take a chance on using the AUX button for XM radio?
Thanks for the help!