05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Black Vents on an IUP

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/06, 12:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The parts she was looking up were the WHOLE assemblies including the panels the "tubes" attach to.
Put an ad in the For Sale/Wanted section on here and on the other Stang sites. If you're willing to swap as opposed to just buying a set and keeping your old ones, it won't take long to find some.
If you have to have new ones, contact 05stangkc, the TMS Ford parts guy. I think he still only sells the assemblies, but he'll get you 2 of the cheaper center section, plus he has pretty good prices.
Let us know how it turns out.
Old 5/4/06, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ May 4, 2006, 2:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The parts she was looking up were the WHOLE assemblies including the panels the "tubes" attach to.
Put an ad in the For Sale/Wanted section on here and on the other Stang sites. If you're willing to swap as opposed to just buying a set and keeping your old ones, it won't take long to find some.
If you have to have new ones, contact 05stangkc, the TMS Ford parts guy. I think he still only sells the assemblies, but he'll get you 2 of the cheaper center section, plus he has pretty good prices.
Let us know how it turns out.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks again StangNut....I sent an e-mail to 05stangkc. I would rather buy a black set, in case for some reason I don't like the look. (Although I'm sure I will)

BTW...that wooden steering wheel is cool! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 07:56 AM

Thanks. I'm lovin' that wheel. I hate getting out of my car!

I'd try the "For Sale/Wanted" section for the vents. It might take a couple of weeks, but you'll find some.
Old 5/5/06, 02:37 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ May 5, 2006, 9:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks. I'm lovin' that wheel. I hate getting out of my car!

I'd try the "For Sale/Wanted" section for the vents. It might take a couple of weeks, but you'll find some.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks again for the tip about 05stangkc. I went ahead and ordered a set today from him. Dang modding bug! Two days ago I wasn't even thinking about vents, and now I feel like just have to have them, as soon as possible! After buying the CDC chin spoiler last month I told myself that was it for awhile, but then last week I spent $180 on window tint. Once again, I said that's it for awhile. Now its less than a week later with another 100 bucks spent on dash vents! Oh well, at least that's it for awhile............hmmm, I've been thinking about a CAI and SCT from Doug for awhile,....and I still need those stripes........... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 09:40 PM

You think you have it bad? Did you see the steering wheel I bought. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

$100 for a brand new set from Ford? Sounds like a pretty good deal.
Hey, I wonder how one of those black (non-IUP) panels would look between the two silver panels? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Yeah that steering wheel of yours is really cool! I think the price of the vents were actually $114 + shipping. I'm not sure how the center panel would look blacked out...I think it may break up the look a bit too much?
Old 5/11/06, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Stangnut,
The big brown truck showed up today, and you were right. The black vents were very easy to swap out, and they do make a huge difference! I think they make the IUP silver panels stand out more, while breaking up the continuous silver across the top. These vents, along with the silver MGW A/C ***** near the bottom (which of course breaks up all the black and accents the shift ****, make for a nice combination of silver and black......
Old 5/11/06, 08:56 PM

Glad you got 'em Mark.

Pics?