05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/17, 04:45 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by MDMachiavelli
I was the one that brought it up so don't take it out on him.

If you have an issue with the thread don't click on it, and better yet why waste time posting in it. I find it almost comical that people complain about a thread but waste valuable time posting in it.

Is it okay for me to have an opinion or do you want to regulate mine as well?
First of all, I was responding to Gravydog and Sabre's posts.. So perhaps you should consider minding your own business in the first place.. And second, just who in the hell are you to tell anybody on this forum not to post if they have an issue, especially when it's not their thread to begin with and also FYI newbie, this thread began well over 2 years ago, long before you ever joined this forum..

Therefore my response was never addressed towards you to begin with, so just how in the hell was I regulating your opinions, let alone complaining about any of them ? As a matter of fact, prior to responding to Gravydog and Sabre's posts from 2 days ago, the last post in which I submitted on this thread was well over 2 years ago, way back over on page 1 post #3..

As for the him in which I believe you're referring to was Sabre.. However I wasn't taking anything out towards him in anyway nor towards anybody else for that matter.. As I just clearly stated what the topic of this thread was all about and nothing more.. Therefore if you have an issue with that, then just press the ignore button.. It's just as plain and simple as that..

That being said, for future reference, be certain your facts are straight and know what in the hell your talking about before posting anything in these forums when it concerns accusing another forum member of any wrong doing !

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
i mentioned it because someone asked about it;
& if you agree with me, why start an argument (???)
Once again you misinterpreted where I was coming from.. My intention wasn't to start up an argument towards you nor anybody else for that matter.. My only purpose was to point out that folks on these forums know how you feel towards AM/Raxiom and their products, as they get it and understand exactly where your coming from.. Therefore there is no need to keep re-posting the same issues over and over again..

As previously mentioned by myself and others, AM/Raxiom has since discontinued production of their GPS navigation head unit for the 2005-09 Mustangs and have since removed it from their website altogether as well..

Therefore what's really left to debate over anyhow, nothing other than maybe beating over a dead horse

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/29/17 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10/29/17, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
First of all, I was responding to Gravydog and Sabre's posts.. So perhaps you should consider minding your own business in the first place.. And second, just who in the hell are you to tell anybody on this forum not to post if they have an issue, especially when it's not their thread to begin with and also FYI newbie, this thread began well over 2 years ago, long before you ever joined this forum..

Therefore my response was never addressed towards you to begin with, so just how in the hell was I regulating your opinions, let alone complaining about any of them ? As a matter of fact, prior to responding to Gravydog and Sabre's posts from 2 days ago, the last post in which I submitted on this thread was well over 2 years ago, way back over on page 1 post #3..

As for the him in which I believe you're referring to was Sabre.. However I wasn't taking anything out towards him in anyway nor towards anybody else for that matter.. As I just clearly stated what the topic of this thread was all about and nothing more.. Therefore if you have an issue with that, then just press the ignore button.. It's just as plain and simple as that..

That being said, for future reference, be certain your facts are straight and know what in the hell your talking about before posting anything in these forums when it concerns accusing another forum member of any wrong doing !

Once again you misinterpreted where I was coming from.. My intention wasn't to start up an argument towards you nor anybody else for that matter.. My only purpose was to point out that folks on these forums know how you feel towards AM/Raxiom and their products, as they get it and understand exactly where your coming from.. Therefore there is no need to keep re-posting the same issues over and over again..

As previously mentioned by myself and others, AM/Raxiom has since discontinued production of their GPS navigation head unit for the 2005-09 Mustangs and have since removed it from their website altogether as well..

Therefore what's really left to debate over anyhow, nothing other than maybe beating over a dead horse
I'm not sure I have ever seen a post on a forum so comical, out of touch and contradictory. If the thread or gravy bothers you that much why don't you use the ignore?

I wasn't telling you what to do, but they are just suggestions to obviously keep you from going apoplectic with the keyboard.

Conversation and cognitive ability may not be your strong point, when you post in an open forum you are talking to everyone, and implicitly inviting everyone to respond. I would have thought someone who has spent so much time in here would have known that. My mistake.

Also please point out where it states that because I'm new I can't enter into conversations with certain people or certain subjects.

Last edited by MDMachiavelli; 10/29/17 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10/29/17, 05:15 PM

I'm not sure I have ever seen a post on a forum so comical, out of touch and contradictory. If the thread or gravy bothers you that much why don't you use the ignore?

I wasn't telling you what to do, but they are just suggestions to obviously keep you from going apoplectic with the keyboard.

Conversation and cognitive ability may not be your strong point, when you post in an open forum you are talking to everyone, and implicitly inviting everyone to respond. I would have thought someone who has spent so much time in here would have known that. My mistake.

Also please point out where it states that because I'm new I can't enter into conversations with certain people or certain subjects.
And perhaps you ought to take a re-fresher course in reading comprehension before judging someone else's ability of understanding a conversation, let alone coming across as being contradictory and out of touch..

As for the thread and for that matter concerning Gravydog's posts were concerned.. Unless your either an administrator or forum moderator of this website you have absolutely no business let alone the authority to dictate to anybody as to what they can post or not what to post in somebody else's thread just because you may not happen to like what's being said or don't happen to agree with the other person's opinion.. That's the entire point..

In regards to posting in an open forum goes ? no question about it, you are indeed talking to everybody and therefore inviting them to all participate and respond.. However I was responding specifically to a particular individual via quote in which you were not involved in the conversation to begin with..

And FYI: I never stated that I had a problem with this thread or anything personal towards Gravydog.. It was you who interpreted it in that way and therefore is your opinion and yours alone.. If anything my intention was to provide her with some constructive criticism and hopefully point her in the right direction and nothing more.. Perhaps if you had bothered in taking the time in reading between the lines rather than come across with such an attitude problem in the first place, chances are this conversation may had been on a completely different level altogether..

At any rate, perhaps you should also take a good look in the mirror at yourself before claiming that somebody else has an issue with being out of touch and contradictory..

That being said, if you find my posts as so contradictory and so out of touch, then please by all means, use the ignore function at your disposal, as we are done here
Old 10/29/17, 05:25 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, we know.. As you've posted the same opinions ever since this thread began time and time again.. Therefore no need to keep re-posting your same opinions over and over, as we all get it.. That being said, move on and get over it..
Yeah I know all about Raxiom products, how ? because I read the posts on these and also other forums from beginning to end, that's how..

As for not seeing or hearing anything from AM during the past year is concerned.. Good, keep it that way.. And as far as your experiences are concerned, yeah I've known all about them ever since this thread began well over 2 years ago just as everyone else on this forum has known all about them as well..

Since then, AM/Raxiom has addressed the issue by discontinuing production of their GPS Navigation w/Backup Camera Unit for the 2005-09 Mustangs and have since removed it from their website altogether..

So therefore drop it and move on !
Here are two clear cut examples of you telling gravydog to stop talking about a certain point of view or subject.

The fact that you are acting like you have been wronged for being told not to post something is so ridiculous anyone with just a modicum of self awareness would not have the audacity to make that accusation.

That means you are either extremely self absorbed, or ignorant.
Old 10/29/17, 06:03 PM

Here are two clear cut examples of you telling gravydog to stop talking about a certain point of view or subject.

The fact that you are acting like you have been wronged for being told not to post something is so ridiculous anyone with just a modicum of self awareness would not have the audacity to make that accusation.

That means you are either extremely self absorbed, or ignorant.
And once again, if you don't happen to like what's being posted, press the ignore button.. As it's none of your **** business who I talk to on these forums and what I talk to them about.. The only people I answer to on these forums are the moderators of this website.. As for Gravydog is concerned, you don't know her from a hole in the wall, just as you don't know anybody else on this forum either.. So just who in the hell gave you the moral authority to pass judgment or criticize anybody on these forums for that matter.. Are you a freaking Priest, Dr. Phil or what ??? As it's none of your **** concern what kind of a person I happen to be.. Talk about being extremely self absorbed and ignorant.. Once again take a good look in the mirror at yourself
Old 10/29/17, 06:25 PM
V6 Member

And once again, if you don't happen to like what's being posted, press the ignore button.. As it's none of your **** business who I talk to on these forums and what I talk to them about.. The only people I answer to on these forums are the moderators of this website.. As for Gravydog is concerned, you don't know her from a hole in the wall, just as you don't know anybody else on this forum either.. So just who in the hell gave you the moral authority to pass judgment or criticize anybody on these forums for that matter.. Are you a freaking Priest, Dr. Phil or what ??? As it's none of your **** concern what kind of a person I happen to be.. Talk about being extremely self absorbed and ignorant.. Once again take a good look in the mirror at yourself

Let me get this straight.

People are having a legitimate, constructive conversation in this thread.

You chime in, not with anything constructive, but to tell people to stop talking about it.

Then when someone calls you on it, you get apoplectic like a kid in middle school, telling people not to tell you what to do, or what you can say and post.

Which is the EXACT and ONLY reason you chimed in... to tell people what they could and could not talk about.

The irony and stupidity is so loud, I can barely hear my TV.

I'm just amazed that you are either too self absorbed or too ignorant to realize it.

Please tell me you aren't serious and that this is some kind of joke like something Jaime Kennedy would do.

The best thing you've touched on, is the fact that the internet is anonymous, if not other people would point and laugh when they saw you.

Do you not have any shame?

Last edited by MDMachiavelli; 10/29/17 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10/29/17, 08:13 PM

Let me get this straight.

People are having a legitimate, constructive conversation in this thread.

You chime in, not with anything constructive, but to tell people to stop talking about it.

Then when someone calls you on it, you get apoplectic like a kid in middle school, telling people not to tell you what to do, or what you can say and post.

Which is the EXACT and ONLY reason you chimed in... to tell people what they could and could not talk about.

The irony and stupidity is so loud, I can barely hear my TV.

I'm just amazed that you are either too self absorbed or too ignorant to realize it.

Please tell me you aren't serious and that this is some kind of joke like something Jaime Kennedy would do.

The best thing you've touched on, is the fact that the internet is anonymous, if not other people would point and laugh when they saw you.

Do you not have any shame?
Let's get something straight once and for all.. I don't owe you nor anybody else for that matter an explanation for the opinions I post in these forums towards other members posts in which once again are none of your concern.. As for Gravydog is concerned, I've already provided her with an explanation for my previous posts that were directed specifically towards her posts in which have since been resolved.. Therefore if she has any further issues, she is fully capable of bringing them to my attention personally.. So I'll say this for the last time, if you find my actions, opinions and posts as so bothersome and unacceptable, then just press the ignore button and be done with it.. As I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about whatsoever as the 25 friends who've been on my friends list on this site who know me best will totally disagree with your inaccurate opinions towards the type of person I happen to be and will tell you straight forward of just how supportive of a person I've been for over the past 11 years on this website and they'll also tell you that whenever I happen to be wrong about anything, I'll be the very first to admit to it and then do whatever is necessary in order to resolve it.. So just who in the hell do you think you are to confront anybody after just becoming a member of this forum barely under 6 weeks ago.. Well here's a news flash newbie, you don't run this website nor any of it's members and you especially don't run the threads submitted by the forum members of this website.. The moderators and administrators are the people who run them, as your no better than anybody else on this site and therefore have no room to call out anyone, especially when a post is specifically directed towards another forum member and not directed towards you in anyway at all to begin with..

At any rate, consider this as the last time I'm going to address this issue and if that isn't acceptable enough for you to handle.. Then once again press the ignore button, otherwise you will be reported to the administrators of this website for harassment..

That being said, there will be no further communication between you and myself in anyway whatsoever..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/31/17 at 12:39 PM.
Old 6/30/19, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Putting aside our opinions about the Raxiom system, is it possible to get a navigation update? I can't seem to find information out there...
Old 7/1/19, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation updates are purchased through naviextras.com and accomplished using a USB drive.
Old 7/1/19, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by osugrad85
Navigation updates are purchased through naviextras.com and accomplished using a USB drive.
Hmmm. I didnt see Raxiom products listes so I asked...
Old 7/2/19, 01:29 PM

The Raxiom radio is made by Rosen. On the Naviextras page, choose Rosen Piranha series.
Old 7/2/19, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Raxiom radio is made by Rosen. On the Naviextras page, choose Rosen Piranha series.
Ah, I read through all that and the procedure. Thanks much, brother!
Old 9/5/19, 09:29 PM

Good evening,

hate to dig up dead threads, but hoping someone might be able to assist. I picked up a raxiom head unit with wiring harness ( no camera, microphone, or gps antenna) for $150. 1st problem is that there are what appears to be an additional wire coming off the accessory wire (red), the brake wire (pink) and a green/white wire marked back are not connected to anything. I know the pink goes to ground to bypass the brake, but what does the additional red and green/white wire go to? Also, apparently, when they removed the system, they had wire ties holding the cables together and when removing, they cut the accessory wire in the harness. I made a temp repair and connected the radio up. It worked right for about 5 minutes and then powered off when the car was running. Shut the car off and pulled the key... radio turned back on... wtf? Anyone who has installed this radio can assist with these issues? Had a factory nav radio out of a 2006 Ford Flex, but wanted Bluetooth and that radio didn’t have it. Thank you

Last edited by Col.Hogan; 9/5/19 at 09:31 PM.
Old 1/27/20, 08:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Col.Hogan
Good evening,

hate to dig up dead threads, but hoping someone might be able to assist. I picked up a raxiom head unit with wiring harness ( no camera, microphone, or gps antenna) for $150. 1st problem is that there are what appears to be an additional wire coming off the accessory wire (red), the brake wire (pink) and a green/white wire marked back are not connected to anything. I know the pink goes to ground to bypass the brake, but what does the additional red and green/white wire go to? Also, apparently, when they removed the system, they had wire ties holding the cables together and when removing, they cut the accessory wire in the harness. I made a temp repair and connected the radio up. It worked right for about 5 minutes and then powered off when the car was running. Shut the car off and pulled the key... radio turned back on... wtf? Anyone who has installed this radio can assist with these issues? Had a factory nav radio out of a 2006 Ford Flex, but wanted Bluetooth and that radio didn’t have it. Thank you
Hi @Col.Hogan

Did you ever find the answer to your question? Reason I ask is that I am pulling mine out this weekend and I can check for you. Also, I have the instruction manual here as well that I could scan if you still needed it. Let me know?

As an aside, @Gravydog316 : The Raxiom Navigation unit is back at AM! It's here:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/oe-st...a-us-maps.html

It's now listed for $578.99 (not like when *I* bought mine!) and according to the AM site it's now manufactured by VOXX Electronics. According to the pictures it looks exactly like the ill-fated Rosen unit. I wonder if it is more reliable? The three reviews for the unit are all dated 2019 or 2020, so I assume that AM is offering it up again.

Too late for me! My Rosen has a serious power drain and I am planning on ditching it for a Kenwood unit - it's sitting on my workbench waiting for the weekend. Adios Rosen, it's been a good ride but I'm tired of disconnecting my battery to avoid having it killed again.

Last edited by mrkabc; 5/16/20 at 04:10 PM. Reason: fixed URL
Old 1/27/20, 09:53 PM

Hey,

thank you for the response. I have tried to connect the radio, but seem to have an issue where the radio works when the car is turned off and won’t turn on when the car is running. It is currently sitting in a box and I haven’t messed with it since that post.
Old 1/27/20, 09:59 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
mrkabc the link doesnt work.
Also what was the original cost of the Rosen?

Nevermind i found it.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/oe-st...nada-maps.html

Last edited by VGMStudios; 1/27/20 at 10:01 PM.
Old 1/28/20, 07:31 PM

Navigation Update Problem!!!

I’ve had my Raxiom unit installed for several years now. Other than the frequent need to reset the unit because it freezes up on me, I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve even updated the maps a few times over the course of ownership without any issues (other than the very complicated and time consuming procedure required by Naviextras). But. a week or so ago I tried to update the navigation and ended up with an error on the head unit stating “checking device failed”. When I contacted Naviextras about this error, they insisted that the error is a problem KNOWN to Rosen and stated that I had to contact them to resolve it. Well, I used Rosen’s support website to send two trouble emails to them regarding this error, but got NO RESPONSE. I wonder if I should reach out to VOXX instead. Anyone else had this problem or know what the solution is (other than using my smartphone for navigation from here on out)?
Old 2/15/20, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I’ve had my Raxiom unit installed for several years now. Other than the frequent need to reset the unit because it freezes up on me, I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve even updated the maps a few times over the course of ownership without any issues (other than the very complicated and time consuming procedure required by Naviextras). But. a week or so ago I tried to update the navigation and ended up with an error on the head unit stating “checking device failed”. When I contacted Naviextras about this error, they insisted that the error is a problem KNOWN to Rosen and stated that I had to contact them to resolve it. Well, I used Rosen’s support website to send two trouble emails to them regarding this error, but got NO RESPONSE. I wonder if I should reach out to VOXX instead. Anyone else had this problem or know what the solution is (other than using my smartphone for navigation from here on out)?
Rosen went belly up. I doubt they will answer. VOXX bought Rosen's IP and took over distribution of the unit. I'd try VOXX but I don't think they would have much loyalty to Rosen owners. I suppose I could be wrong though.

Can you downgrade back to the previous version of the map?
Old 2/15/20, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
mrkabc the link doesnt work.
Also what was the original cost of the Rosen?

Nevermind i found it.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/oe-st...nada-maps.html
I had to look my order up on AM - I bought mine 4-19-15 and it cost $749.99 at the time. The price is lower now but then I assume the tech is as well. I really like the backup camera and Bluetooth, it took some elbow grease to install but it was well worth it in the end.
Old 2/15/20, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Col.Hogan
Hey,

thank you for the response. I have tried to connect the radio, but seem to have an issue where the radio works when the car is turned off and won’t turn on when the car is running. It is currently sitting in a box and I haven’t messed with it since that post.
Well, let me know! I'd be glad to find and scan the instructions if you need them. That being said, I remember them as not being that detailed.

Quick Reply: 2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!