05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Web Electric Seq turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/09, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my WebElectric sequential kit Sunday, it arrived yesterday, and installed it last night. Easy Peasy! Although, I learned that just replacing a burned out bulb will almost be as difficult as replacing this harness. You have to take out the tail light assembly to replace a bulb? Whose bright idea was that?!?

The WE harness looks very well made, looks just like the OE. (I didn't order the more expensive OEM harness, just the standard prewired harness.) Biggest difficulty was removing and reinstalling the back up light. That socket was a bit tighter and more difficult to loosen and tighten than the other three. This was true on both the OE harness and the WE replacement.

The only tool you need is an 11mm deep socket and wrench. Although you could get by with a box wrench or crescent wrench. I also discovered (after driving the car pretty much daily since December) that there are a couple of bag hooks in the rear plastic trunk molding. Who knew?

Maybe this weekend I'll run a speaker wire from the trunk to the passenger kick panel so my brake lights won't sequence. Then again, the more I think about it, the sequenced brake lights draw more attention than the standard all on signal, so they might be safer as is. Maybe I'll leave it as is for a while...
Old 10/1/09, 10:56 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1chocophile
I also discovered (after driving the car pretty much daily since December) that there are a couple of bag hooks in the rear plastic trunk molding. Who knew?

Always surprises me how many people have no clue what those are for. It's a great feature I always use them, in place of putting groceries in the back seat. Things stay right where I left them.
Old 10/5/09, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for this topic, fellas. In response to reading it, I purchased the WE sequential tail lights, and one-touch 'vert top, rear windows and turn signals.

In terms of install, biggest challenges included prying the passenger side kick panel out of the car and gently and patiently manipulating the Smart Junction Box to gain access to the wires and connectors.

I would recommend taking a picture of the Smart Junction Box installed in the car prior to removing it, so that you can re-install it properly (some of the wire bundles lay on the outside of the box - I initially tried behind the box, and 30 minutes later realized that didn't work).

Great instructions from WE! It's so rewarding to cut and splice a bunch of wires and to have things actually work at the end of the day!!! I'm not very handy or mechanically-inclined, so it says a lot that a guy like me can tackle this kind of job.

The one-touch top and windows are very cool! The tail lights look awesome as well. Great products with great instructions! Thanks WE!!!
Old 10/11/09, 10:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Got the, they are great!