05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

VHT smoke light paint & dupli color clear coat

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/12, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05mustangman
I know, just givin ya a hard time man. lol. We need to wait till it cools down hopefully within the next 3 months or so.
We live in hell... winter is just not as hot
Old 8/9/12, 10:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well here's what I got... I came home tonight determined to get this project close to being done and I just have to let it cure tomorrow. And it's hot enough here that tomorrow they'll be done.

Overall... I'm very very happy with this project. VHT and the clear were super easy to use and the final product will be sooo good. I might do a little tint on the headlights and taillights now. Just to give them a little shade and make the tails a little darker cherry. Thanks again wade. I'm confident now and this was easy and didn't take long. What a good mod.

Anyways I got the fogs tinted now and the pictures are below. I also relocated the horn tonight which was another fun easy project! And it cleaned behind the grille up perfectly.

Silver - I heard this mod looks good with the bullitt grille. Might try it.

So as of this weekend I will have hidden fog lights, no horn peeking through the grille, and the other best part is... My CDC aggressive is coming home tomorrow too!!! the guy who painted it is a great friend and has done our other cars so I got a good price, and it'll be quality I know for sure. So we'll see what my car looks like after this weekend...

Pictures in order are...
1) One fog sanded, one not. 2000 grit
2) both sanded and now with a coat of VHT on
3) second coat of VHT
4) I sanded once more with 2000 and then sprayed three coats of clear. It's that shiny and pretty smooth without even wet sanding! So great
5) and lastly the car showing her new hornless smile, awaiting hidden fogs and CDC aggressive
Attached Thumbnails VHT smoke light paint & dupli color clear coat-image-2079221208.jpg   VHT smoke light paint & dupli color clear coat-image-1616645839.jpg   VHT smoke light paint & dupli color clear coat-image-1506602748.jpg   VHT smoke light paint & dupli color clear coat-image-853792882.jpg   VHT smoke light paint & dupli color clear coat-image-458838748.jpg  

Old 8/9/12, 10:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I no have stock fogs :\ where'd you put horn?
Fog lights do look nice shaded!
Old 8/10/12, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh I was saying you should hide your horn. But if you search it on the Internet it's a thread that our very own 2k7gtcs started! You can figure it out from there. I went the route that didn't make you extend your wires, but you do have to knock off the lower part of the bracket that's spot welded on. Then there's a hole for it right in between the washer fluid neck and the headlight. I had to bend the bracket a little from there but it worked out perfectly.
Old 8/10/12, 10:48 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Oh I was saying you should hide your horn. But if you search it on the Internet it's a thread that our very own 2k7gtcs started! You can figure it out from there. I went the route that didn't make you extend your wires, but you do have to knock off the lower part of the bracket that's spot welded on. Then there's a hole for it right in between the washer fluid neck and the headlight. I had to bend the bracket a little from there but it worked out perfectly.
Might look into that!!!