05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Trade Trunk lids? (Tungsten)

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer accidently forgot to order the spoiler delete feature so I now have a spoiler. Its fine but I would prefer the clean look. I don't feel like getting the holes filled and lid repainted. I just wondered if anyone with a spoiler-less Tungsten deck-lid has any interest in a trade. I know its a long shot but I figured this is the best place to ask. I would be willing to trade with a V6 if they are intersted. I don't really care about the badges.
Old 2/22/06, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Check with your dealer...offer up the v6 add a spoiler free angle. Good luck.
Old 2/22/06, 10:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had my car since August and had it in storage since November, since I plan on getting my Street Scenes ducktail in March, I contacted my dealer and asked if he would be willing to trade out a V6 decklid with no spoiler for my GT decklid with the spoiler....he said no problem!!!

At least try it....they might make more money off a v6 with a GT spoiler so they might be willing to do it.

Never know unless you ask.
Old 2/23/06, 12:38 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcranford @ February 22, 2006, 9:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have had my car since August and had it in storage since November, since I plan on getting my Street Scenes ducktail in March, I contacted my dealer and asked if he would be willing to trade out a V6 decklid with no spoiler for my GT decklid with the spoiler....he said no problem!!!

At least try it....they might make more money off a v6 with a GT spoiler so they might be willing to do it.

Never know unless you ask.
[/b][/quote]

I did ask - sadly the dealer I actually bought the car from is in Michigan and I am in Los Angeles. The LA dealer where I picked the car up was terrible and the woman in fleet who took delivery of the car turned me down out-right when I suggest the switch. She said, "No one wants a spoiler on their Mustang." My response was, "Funny, almost every Stang on your lot has a spoiler - why did you order all those spoilers if no one wants one???" She just didn't want to have to deal with me any more than she had to. The Michigan dealer offered to pay to patch the holes but I am worried about paint matching issues both immediately and over time.
Old 2/23/06, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a redfire sans spoiler. My wife wants the spoiler, so I have been thinking the same thing.

Im not on speaking terms with the Ford lot here, so that option is out.
Old 2/23/06, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BurntPony @ February 23, 2006, 6:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have a redfire sans spoiler. My wife wants the spoiler, so I have been thinking the same thing.

[/b][/quote]

My deep thought for the day [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] :

When I step back and look at the car it is amazing. The only time I think about the spoiler is when I consider it in the abstract. I fixated on every aspect of my order for 6 months (while waiting) and the idea that one item is different than what I wanted is the root of my gripe more than the actual apprearance of the spoiler on the car. The overall look of the spoiler delete car may be more clean but my ride is pretty sweet (if I do say so myself).

We are lucky to have cars like these! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 02:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BurntPony @ February 23, 2006, 9:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I have a Redfire GT with spoiler. If you would like to swap trunk lids let me know. I live in southeast Michigan.
Old 2/23/06, 02:57 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Axleshaft @ February 23, 2006, 1:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have a Redfire GT with spoiler. If you would like to swap trunk lids let me know. I live in southeast Michigan.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/23/06, 04:28 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,

Try posting in the southwest forum as well, maybe you will strike gold there.

Ditto for any local mustang clubs, and talking to your dealer
Old 2/23/06, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ February 23, 2006, 6:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mike,

Try posting in the southwest forum as well, maybe you will strike gold there.

Ditto for any local mustang clubs, and talking to your dealer
[/b][/quote]

darn, I should try that. I got the first 06 Tungsten and ordered spoiler delete. Figured I'd just get the 3D carbon but I like the SS, maybe now that they have tungsten they'd switch