05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

PMP Line Lock Kits, looks good!

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/07, 12:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PMP Line Lock Kits, looks good!

Well I found some more line lock kits, this one is from pmp, and it has braided hose lines, so no bending, also has the two solenoids that look like granatellis. anyone ever used these?

http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=187
  • Direct Bolt in (No Cutting, Crimping, or Bending).
  • EASY Installation.
  • PTFE Stainless Braided Hose
  • Uses tested and proven Summit solenoids.
  • Dual solenoid design does not interfere with ABS/Traction control.
  • Easily return to stock if the need arises.
  • Out of sight, does not clutter up the engine bay.
  • Does not interfere with aftermarket front suspension components.
  • Simple Installation with Basic Tools.
  • Add-A-Fuse included simplifying wiring.
The only thing you need to add to the kit is a little wire, so you can mount the switch wherever you want .

With the PMP kit you don't have to worry about cutting your stock lines. You don't have to purchase unneeded tools such as a tubing bender, double flare tool, and tubing cutter that you would probably only use once.

The trouble of bending lines and the dreaded double flaring is eliminated. You just get a nice box full of parts that bolt right on.
Attached Images  
Old 2/25/07, 04:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i wonder how these compete with the "Tire fryer kit" these seem to placed on each side while the "TF" kit is placed on the side of the brake lines
Old 2/25/07, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

well the solenoids look exactly the same. These like you said are right next to each caliper, so they should be the best in my mind. Good luck
Old 2/25/07, 10:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well I found some more line lock kits, this one is from pmp, and it has braided hose lines, so no bending, also has the two solenoids that look like granatellis. anyone ever used these?
More accurately, they look like the Summitt solenoids ( which is what GMS uses ).

Josh at PMP will treat ya right.
Old 2/27/07, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by hawgman
More accurately, they look like the Summitt solenoids ( which is what GMS uses ).

Josh at PMP will treat ya right.
Thanks!

Just wanted to put some information in this thread to avoid any confusion about our product.

We were using the Summit solenoids (which are made by GMS). We were having quality control issues with them (bad solenoids/threads/etc...) that started appearing in our second batch of kits. It was too much trouble on our customers so we went a different route to get the problem resolved.

We have now switched to a MUCH higher quality solenoid while still keeping the kits priced the same. We are still in development of the new kits as the inlet/outlet placement on the solenoid itself is in slightly different position. These new kits should be significantly easier to install, without any worrys about quality.

The new kits use parts 100% made in the USA!! And should be done around the first week of March!

Josh
Old 3/5/07, 11:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for the heads up Josh. Are These kits ready to go yet with the new modifications and different solenoids. What color are the new solenoids etc. Thanks for any info I will be purchasing these soon I am sure.
Old 3/6/07, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

PMP is great.
Old 3/7/07, 02:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up Josh. Are These kits ready to go yet with the new modifications and different solenoids. What color are the new solenoids etc. Thanks for any info I will be purchasing these soon I am sure.
We ran into a little problem that we won't to fix before we release the kit to the public. It will work in its current shape but we want to make the install as easy as possible. Its going to be reworked this weekend. I will send you a PM when the new kits are ready with more info.

Josh
Old 3/7/07, 10:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Gracias!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/12/07, 10:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Josh any new news on these kits, thanks for any info
Old 3/12/07, 10:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i am starting to consider this kit aswell
Old 3/30/07, 10:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Josh, I want one of these kits too, so please send me a PM as soon as you release the new kits, including pricing. Thanks
Old 3/31/07, 09:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I still havent heard anything, tried calling them the other day and wasnt able to get anyone. Hopefully they are almost done with there revisions to the kit. Josh any update if your around. Thanks
Old 4/1/07, 08:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well I still havent heard anything, tried calling them the other day and wasnt able to get anyone. Hopefully they are almost done with there revisions to the kit. Josh any update if your around. Thanks
I haven't heard from Josh either.
Old 4/1/07, 11:07 PM

Sorry Guys.

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
I haven't heard from Josh either.

Sorry guys. We have been swampped lately. Running this business and working a full time job gets you slammed sometimes.

As for the kits we have decided to stop selling the "Kits" its really to much of a liability. We are however going to be Selling the Lines/Fittings. You have to provide your own solenoids. We will still include instructions, and offer recommendations on the solenoids to buy. As soon as I get time I am going to update the website with information on this and make the line/fitting kit availible.

Thanks for your interest and understanding,
Josh
Old 4/1/07, 11:52 PM
Cobra R Member

what? What happened, you said you would revise with different solenoids, now you are not going to sell them.. I am sorry to say josh i am not very happy with that answer. I have waited on these kits because of people saying you are good people to deal with now you are not even going to sell them after you said you were reworking the kit. So your still selling the crappy gms kit still? Oh well have a good one.