Search this Thread

Old 9/19/05, 08:11 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 9/20/05, 10:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by derynf@September 19, 2005, 7:24 PM
I definitly agree. I'd rather have the pins then a complete redo of my cab top, my trunk, a new hood and whomever it might hit behind me.

yeah - THAT too!

Hey - I tried sending you a reply PM to the last one you fired off to me (Sept 8th) -did you ever get it? Somehow the Inbox page would not load when I sent it and the other times that has happened to me, my PMs never go out!! lemme know......
Old 9/20/05, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, Steve's directions were fantastic. It saved me a ton of money and a ton of time. I would never have figured out how to do that on my own. I wouldn't even have tried to do it myself. However, there were a few problems. All the adjusting was a LOT more time consuming than I had hoped it might be. I got all stainless steel pins, but the plates creased the first time I put the pins in. I'll need to buy another set and double the plates up, then REadjust the pins again! The hole in the pin is horizontal, but the hood is sloped, so whereas the clip slips in easily from the front, it gouges the plate in the back. Had I known this problem beforehand, I guess I could have bent the radiator support at that point so that the pins leaned forward a bit and the hole would parallel the hood. It's too late now, though, as I have the holes drilled in the hood already. I guess I could lengthen the holes in the hood and bend the pins forward (bend the support, that is), or I could try using the carbide dremel bit I bought for this job and create an angled eye through the pin? Any suggestions? I can't finish tonight anyway, so I have time to think about it.

PS. Dumb luck. The carbide bit fell out of my dremel while shaping the hood holes and went INSIDE the hood! I about had a fit! :bang: I don't have one of those flexible snakes with the magnet on the end, and saw no way to retreive the bit. Then my daughter loaned me this necklace she has made of magnetic beads. I was actually able to fish the bit out of the hood in a few minutes! Good thing I didn't raise the hood all the way, or it would have been down by the hinges and gone forever.
Old 9/20/05, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Burke0011@September 20, 2005, 9:23 AM
yeah - THAT too!

Hey - I tried sending you a reply PM to the last one you fired off to me (Sept 8th) -did you ever get it? Somehow the Inbox page would not load when I sent it and the other times that has happened to me, my PMs never go out!! lemme know......

Just double checked, no PM.

I"m going to Vegas in October. I'm going to have my proffessionally installed. He thinks he found a really good spot to mount them. Rembember, mine are the key locking pins.

I forgot what I asked.
Old 9/21/05, 11:17 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by backafter20@September 20, 2005, 10:15 PM
The hole in the pin is horizontal, but the hood is sloped, so whereas the clip slips in easily from the front, it gouges the plate in the back. Had I known this problem beforehand, I guess I could have bent the radiator support at that point so that the pins leaned forward a bit and the hole would parallel the hood. It's too late now, though, as I have the holes drilled in the hood already. I guess I could lengthen the holes in the hood and bend the pins forward (bend the support, that is), or I could try using the carbide dremel bit I bought for this job and create an angled eye through the pin? Any suggestions? I can't finish tonight anyway, so I have time to think about it.

Bro! Just TURN the shafts befopre you lock them down so the hole is diagonal - so in essence the holes will both point towards the pony in your front grill. I figured out too right away you can't have them straight on (pointing front and rear of car).

I don't have any pics on me but if you review some of my car, you'll see the angle!
Old 9/21/05, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Doh!!! I didn't think of that! Does it look ok? I haven't searched for your pics yet, but that is a much better idea! Thanks a lot!

Gosh, I feel kinda dumb now. :scratch:
Old 9/21/05, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I feel better, 'cause I just tested my new pins to 110 mph. OMG it gets there fast! :shock: The hood is solid as a rock, gives you a safe feeling, unlike it did before. Pins look ok angled. Only hard part was adjusting the pins and getting over the fear of drilling. You guys were right. It was worth it.
Old 9/21/05, 08:41 PM
Big Falken Tires

Excellent - way to go Jim!

(pics!!)
Old 12/13/05, 08:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SC67Stang@September 18, 2005, 8:29 AM
Post some pictures. I would love to see what this hood looks like on a yellow Stang.

Steve
I forgot all about this thread Steve. We are doing the hood pins so I was searching and found your post asking for photos of our hood in Screaming Yellow. Here it is...

Haven't done the pins yet but I've saved your directions. They look excellent. Thanks for sharing that info with us...
Old 12/13/05, 08:21 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by pony_up@December 13, 2005, 9:23 PM
I forgot all about this thread Steve. We are doing the hood pins so I was searching and found your post asking for photos of our hood in Screaming Yellow. Here it is...

Haven't done the pins yet but I've saved your directions. They look excellent. Thanks for sharing that info with us...

Sweeeet!

Old 12/13/05, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great on the Yellow also!.
Good luck with the pins and PM if need any other info.