Old 11/23/13, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They look great
Old 11/25/13, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by george06
I installed mine yesterday, they look great. A couple of minor details the L/S is hard to get on, you have to push really hard to get it in and the rubber strips are cheap, I had to glue a piece back on. Other than that they are great, hopefully they can fix those minor details for the future.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing with mine... left was somewhat difficult to get the upper right (when looking from the back of the car) stud into the hole in the body panel.
Old 11/25/13, 01:55 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by MikuhlBrian
Yeah, I noticed the same thing with mine... left was somewhat difficult to get the upper right (when looking from the back of the car) stud into the hole in the body panel.
From my understanding, aren't they made in Taiwan and not here in the U.S ?

Did you also contact American Muscle about this ? As they've always resolved any issues I've had in the past with their products.. It just might be the pair you got may have been part of a bad batch or something..

Isn't there's also a full 2 year warranty on these as well
Old 11/25/13, 02:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Exactly, the right upper bolt and we are not the only ones. In the other forums they are complaining about the same issue. I know is minor, but still.
Old 11/25/13, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Since this is such a new product they should be made aware of any issues, so call them or email so they are aware.
Old 11/25/13, 04:44 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Javdog
Since this is such a new product they should be made aware of any issues, so call them or email so they are aware.
This!!!!

Somebody tell somebody before they make mine!
Old 11/25/13, 10:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The thing I don't like about these is that with just the tail lights on, it looks like a bunch of LEDs in oval race tracks. The factory lights look like solid rings; not like connect the dots.
Old 11/26/13, 06:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

They (AM) read this forum, Dan Bayler comes here all the time. I am sure they are aware of this by now, if not they will when they read this post...
Old 11/26/13, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
From my understanding, aren't they made in Taiwan and not here in the U.S ?

Did you also contact American Muscle about this ? As they've always resolved any issues I've had in the past with their products.. It just might be the pair you got may have been part of a bad batch or something..

Isn't there's also a full 2 year warranty on these as well
It's such a minor issue, I don't think it warrants contacting AM. It just took a little more effort to get it lined up compared to the stock light. I've had other similar issues with other aftermarket parts... just slightly off but a little massage and there. If I wasn't able to get the light installed, believe me I would have been on the phone with them.
Old 11/26/13, 04:03 PM

It's such a minor issue, I don't think it warrants contacting AM. It just took a little more effort to get it lined up compared to the stock light. I've had other similar issues with other aftermarket parts... just slightly off but a little massage and there. If I wasn't able to get the light installed, believe me I would have been on the phone with them.
I do believe you Brian, but never the less AM should still be made aware of the fit issues you've mentioned and when paying $369.00 + I expect to get the best overall quality when it comes to spending my hard earned money especially when it concerns fit and finish for my Mustang..

So I'm going to wait awhile before purchasing these until AM corrects the issues you've just brought to our attention and I also want to thank you for that as well
Old 11/26/13, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
The thing I don't like about these is that with just the tail lights on, it looks like a bunch of LEDs in oval race tracks. The factory lights look like solid rings; not like connect the dots.
I definitely agree with you as that's pretty much the only thing I don't like about them either, but on the other hand if they attempted to duplicate the factory OEM design ? I'm sure that Raxiom would find itself being in a lawsuit with Ford

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/26/13 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12/2/13, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I posted elsewhere on the forum, didn't see this one, sorry for double posting .....

So, on a white car ;

Last edited by synar; 12/2/13 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12/3/13, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

They look great on your stang
Old 12/3/13, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Javdog, they look much better on your stang, first its black, second it's got a killer look !! i like it
Old 12/4/13, 05:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
They look great on your candy apple C/S
Thank you Sir.

Originally Posted by jacostang
Ok I have that exact rear panel and was waiting to see if I want them... Yes, Yes I do! Looks great!
Thanks, glad I could help in your decision to spend your mod dollars!
Old 12/5/13, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I've found another problem with these new taillights, and it's really bugging me too. I didn't notice it until after driving for a few days.

I can't #@&%(@ing see them! They are by far one of the coolest exterior mods I've done, and unless i'm following someone else driving my car, I can't see them. :-( Even looking at reflections in cars sitting next to me (well, more behind me) in traffic... and I still can't see them.

I think i'm going to mount a mirror off of hte spoiler, so i can see them. HAHA
Old 12/6/13, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

hahaha I agree with you Brian. This morning my wife drove the car to work and as she drove away with the lights on I was drooling and I noticed how freaking bright they are, she was at the end of the block and I could see them clear as day. Love them. Brian let me know when you figure out that mirror idea so I can copy your idea, hahahaha
Old 12/6/13, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

You're right Brian, same with the exhaust, i only heard them once when i was following my with driving it, it ain't the same as inside the car
Old 12/18/13, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think you are correct on that thinking Bob. Definitely needs some type of panel in the center.

Originally Posted by obofglob
Looks great with the SHR rear panel ! I am beginning to think that these lights work best with some kind of rear panel. Unless it's a black car then to me they look great without any panel.

Quick Reply: New 2013 Raxiom Taillights post here