05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GT500 or "style" ducktail

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/07, 08:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Got it on. I definitely like the look, and the FRPP quality is much better than the Dawn/Sportwing. Paint match is pretty good, I'm glad I took it by for a paint match, they had 5 variations of TK/Mineral Grey.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1187318422
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1187318515
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1187318576
The lines look much sharper. Looks good
Old 8/17/07, 01:56 AM
V6 Member

FRPP Vs. Atlanta, which was easier to install and what are the differences in looks?
Old 8/17/07, 06:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by VictorInATX
FRPP Vs. Atlanta, which was easier to install and what are the differences in looks?
FRPP has to be easier, no holes to drill, even reuse stock nuts, studs are built into spoiler like stock. Just wipe of the stock trunk with a little alchohol, pull the cover off the double sided tape, and set it down and tighten up the four nuts. The only thing is, you'll have to take it to a local shop to get it painted, which is a good thing if you want the paint matched perfectly. Like I said, my shope had five variations of the exact same Ford paint code.

Sportwing is a little harder to install, have to measure where to put it, and drill two extra holes in the trunk lid, and drill the six holes in the wing itself for the mounting screws. As far as quality, everyone who has seen the two have agreed the FRPP looks better and is better quality, sharper corners, fewer ripples, easier to prep for paint, easier to install, but costs more. I ended putting about $326 in mine plus another 10 for the vinyl stripes.
Old 8/17/07, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

FRPP has to be easier, no holes to drill, even reuse stock nuts, studs are built into spoiler like stock. Just wipe of the stock trunk with a little alchohol, pull the cover off the double sided tape, and set it down and tighten up the four nuts. The only thing is, you'll have to take it to a local shop to get it painted, which is a good thing if you want the paint matched perfectly. Like I said, my shope had five variations of the exact same Ford paint code.

Atlanta is a little harder to install, have to measure where to put it, and drill two extra holes in the trunk lid, and drill the six holes in the wing itself for the mounting screws. As far as quality, everyone who has seen the two have agreed the FRPP looks better and is better quality, sharper corners, fewer ripples, easier to prep for paint, easier to install, but costs more. I ended putting about $326 in mine plus another 10 for the vinyl stripes.
+1 very happy, and painless install. I LOVE IT!!!
Old 8/17/07, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Does TMS have a sponsor or vendor that sells these items at or above cost? I remember having someone mention to me locally that TMS had someone on board or on ModularFords.com but that question never seems to get answered.

As for paint, I have a painter in the family (25+ years experience) and all it would run me is a case of beer. I am getting rid of my stripes so the vinyl wouldnt matter coming up pretty soon.

Link to the best deal around? The car is back to stock, I am prefering to start over with appearance first then power mods again. At least allow some time to go by and mileage once the car's out of warranty, then the major power mods come.
Old 8/17/07, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VictorInATX
Does TMS have a sponsor or vendor that sells these items at or above cost? I remember having someone mention to me locally that TMS had someone on board or on ModularFords.com but that question never seems to get answered.

As for paint, I have a painter in the family (25+ years experience) and all it would run me is a case of beer. I am getting rid of my stripes so the vinyl wouldnt matter coming up pretty soon.

Link to the best deal around? The car is back to stock, I am prefering to start over with appearance first then power mods again. At least allow some time to go by and mileage once the car's out of warranty, then the major power mods come.
I would just get it from FRPP for $240....
Old 8/17/07, 01:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Atlanta is a little harder to install, have to measure where to put it, and drill two extra holes in the trunk lid, and drill the six holes in the wing itself for the mounting screws. As far as quality, everyone who has seen the two have agreed the FRPP looks better and is better quality, sharper corners, fewer ripples, easier to prep for paint, easier to install, but costs more. I ended putting about $326 in mine plus another 10 for the vinyl stripes.
I have the Atlanta Mustang (3D Carbon) wing, and did not have to drill into the spoiler at all. It was predrilled. I didn't drill into my decklid either. I eventually may, but the tape is holding up for now. I thought you had the sportwing one before, not the 3D Carbon one.
Old 8/17/07, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
I have the Atlanta Mustang (3D Carbon) wing, and did not have to drill into the spoiler at all. It was predrilled. I didn't drill into my decklid either. I eventually may, but the tape is holding up for now. I thought you had the sportwing one before, not the 3D Carbon one.
My mistake, the Sportwing needed all the holes drilled. I will edit it, thanks for the correction.
Old 11/26/07, 10:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Bump for a good buy those looking for a decent spoiler.
Old 11/27/07, 08:57 PM
V6 Member

spoiler

yea, i bought the one you listed $99 plus shipping......well made,fits perfectly,paint is good,matches..also it is clearcoated
Old 11/28/07, 07:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by billr814
yea, i bought the one you listed $99 plus shipping......well made,fits perfectly,paint is good,matches..also it is clearcoated
Did the spoiler you got use the 4 factory holes or just 2 of them?? Also did you have to drill for outside holes or is it just 2sided tape?