05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Eibach Sportline 2" Drop Pics

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 01:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Im the first to do it from the first batch that arrived last week.

This is the Eibach Sportline Kit. 1.6" drop in the front and 2" in the rear. The install went really well once I had all the correct tools and proper instructions that I found here on the forums.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...17286&hl=eibach

I love the look, Im so glad I chose this over the Pro kit. The only thing I have to watch over are those speed bumps.

-Dan
Old 4/5/05, 02:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow, looks good

I have the pro kit; the difference is pretty noticeable between what I have and what you got.

Now you need some rims

BTW. the hood pins are wicked

Nick
Old 4/5/05, 02:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Which drops it lower? ... the pro kit or the sportlines?
Old 4/5/05, 02:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Here is a link to my car, with the Eibach pro kit installed.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...&cmd=si&img=359

The sportline drops the car a little lower, about a half inch or so, lower than the pro kit.

nick
Old 4/5/05, 06:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Impossible that the rear end didn't shift over. Any lowering causes it to shift to the left, it is unavoidable unless you use an adjustable panhard rod. You don't notice it as much because you are still running stock tires.
Old 4/5/05, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 5, 2005, 4:55 AM
Impossible that the rear end didn't shift over. Any lowering causes it to shift to the left, it is unavoidable unless you use an adjustable panhard rod. You don't notice it as much because you are still running stock tires.
Im telling ya, it didnt shift, the wheels are aligned equaly to the body on either side. Dont even begin to tell me Im wrong. I saw the posts on it, the so-called "shift", but I sure wasnt effect by it. Apparently it isnt impossible. I've had plenty of people look at it and its centered buddy. :P

-Dan
Old 4/5/05, 10:34 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well I'm not saying I don't believe you, I am just saying it is impossible. If you adjust the height of the car and do not adjust the panhard bar the axle will shift, guaranteed. Throw some wide tires on there and you will see what I mean. When you change the angle of the panhard rod you need to shorten it to bring the axle back to center. It's not rocket science, just a known fact.
Old 4/5/05, 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Cleveland+April 5, 2005, 8:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleveland @ April 5, 2005, 8:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@April 5, 2005, 4:55 AM
Im telling ya, it didnt shift, the wheels are aligned equaly to the body on either side. Dont even begin to tell me Im wrong. I saw the posts on it, the so-called "shift", but I sure wasnt effect by it. Apparently it isnt impossible. I've had plenty of people look at it and its centered buddy. :P

-Dan
[/b][/quote]

Dan,
No need to really get that defensive about it. I dropped mine with the Pro kit and it shifted as well. About a 3/16" of in inch. I had to drop the Steeda Adjustable Panhard bar 4 times to get it back in center.
Perhaps yours was offset to begin with, regardless I'm glad you dont have to mess with it.

By the way; I like the look of the sportlines as well. This mustang really has a better look when its lowered.
Have you had any problem sitting that low? Did you have an alignment done on it?
Old 4/5/05, 12:07 PM
V6 Member

First off, the lowering looks great!
nmow, OT, but what year is that silver mark in the background?
Old 4/5/05, 02:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the car looks amazing lowered

But I have a question... I live in Los Angeles and some of the roads here are quite crappy... do you notice that when you hit bumps, cracks, etc. that the ride is rougher?
Old 4/5/05, 02:37 PM
FR500 Member

Dan, the car looks great. You definitely need some wider wheels now though. It looks totally off with the wheels set in like that. Either that or some 1.5" spacers.
Old 4/5/05, 04:08 PM
Cobra Member

I did the install at a friend's house since I dont really have safe flat land around my own. With that posted, I have no idea what year the Mark is.

With the drop the ride is definitely a bit rougher. I dont really have to watch out for pot holes, its the speed bumps that will get this car to bottom out since the underside clearance is now greatly reduced. There is also approximately 2" of possible travel in the front end suspension before the tires rub the upperside of the wheel wells.

I am going to wait on new wheels and tires since Im ok with the current look of the vehicle but I would love to fill every centimeter if I could in back.

-Dan