Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/06, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
yes if I were the Chargers there would be some serious reprocussions for his mistake, at the very least some hazing from the team. Here is the ****ty thing, even thought they will obviously take the win, heck a wins a win, they are acting like it was the right call, when everyone with half a brain and knows anything about football knows it was a bad call. They should just say "hey, yeah we dont like winning like that but its in the past and nothing can change it so well take it" or something of the sort instead of being pompus and arogant about a victory that was bogus and in a game that they played like crap.

Just like that victory not too long ago against Cinci (49-41), I would never be proud about that victory. Again yes you won and you take it, but to be proud and gloat the way they did about that game was ridiculous. If I was the coach Id be yelling at my players for playing like **** all game and allowing the other team to score so many fricken points, especially a team like Cinci who they shouldve just walked all over.
If they are gloating about that win with raiders then they look dumb. Like you said " we don't like winning like that and nothing can change it so we'll take it". Thats a good response. Anyways the lights out dance is growing on me. My son does it to me. LOL
Old 11/27/06, 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rrobello, nice prediction on how that game could've turned out!
All I was sticking up for was the comment that "Raiders should have won". I think Raiders absolutely COULD have won regardless of that bad call, but not SHOULD have won. Should and could are totally different, that's all I was trying to say. I'm not glad the call favored SD, I'm just glad SD won in the end because I'm a fan of them and that's what I do, lol.

Also rrobello, nice write up regarding the rest of SD's season, I agree. They have some tough games coming up and they could very well blow it for the playoffs. Denver wasn't easy the 1st time and KC beat 'em earlier this year. All I can do is wish them luck and hope for the best. I don't take ANY of thier opponents lightly, you never know what can happen. Chargers have only been to 1 superbowl and lost, so as a fan I'm just real excited how things are looking right now.
Old 11/28/06, 01:35 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by wildstanglx90
rrobello, nice prediction on how that game could've turned out!
All I was sticking up for was the comment that "Raiders should have won". I think Raiders absolutely COULD have won regardless of that bad call, but not SHOULD have won. Should and could are totally different, that's all I was trying to say. I'm not glad the call favored SD, I'm just glad SD won in the end because I'm a fan of them and that's what I do, lol.

Also rrobello, nice write up regarding the rest of SD's season, I agree. They have some tough games coming up and they could very well blow it for the playoffs. Denver wasn't easy the 1st time and KC beat 'em earlier this year. All I can do is wish them luck and hope for the best. I don't take ANY of thier opponents lightly, you never know what can happen. Chargers have only been to 1 superbowl and lost, so as a fan I'm just real excited how things are looking right now.
its good to see a level headed fan, so many people have already forgotten the Chargers horrid past of not only blowing games but seasons. Heck it was only last season they were in pretty much the same spot and then lost ALL of the remaining games to not only not make the playoffs but also not have a winning record.

the remainder of the year is definately gonna be tough and unlike all the talk Ive been hearing lately, the season is all but locked up, they have a long way to go still and are very fortunate that they came away with a win yesterday or else the road ahead would be even harder, almost impossible IMO. At the beginning of the season I made a bet with someone that they would go 9-7; been right on most games so far, had the Steeler game wrong in week 5 (didnt expect the Steelers to suck so much) and the Denver game wrong and I was giving them Buffalo and Zona but who knows the way theyve been playing I might still be right. Buffalo will be tough, especially if the weather is bad (if its anything like tonights game in Seattle Id say they lose) and perhaps after going on a losing streak the bad momentum might be enough for them to junk the last game to Zona. I was panicked this time last year having made the same bet but they didnt let me down, sad thing is at least last year they had the toughest schedule theyve had in a long time, this year the schedule shouldve been a cake walk in comparison; theyve hardly played any teams that currently have a winning record (and have been struggling against most of them). I also made a bet saying the 49ers will make the playoffs this year, and although we were robbed this weekend with a horrible call I have faith and think it can still be pulled off, but it will be hard. Oh well I guess you cant win them all, although I am still up big time on the season as a whole!!!!
Old 11/29/06, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On another note, how about Junior Seau?
Its unfortunate that his season had to end with a broken arm, but what a moron.
After a long career with the Chargers, he retires, and then they have this retirement celebration and all. So, what does he do? Sign with the Patriots shortly after. You know what he's thinking, instant Superbowl ring. NOT!
The Patriots aren't the dominant team they used to be so wouldn't it be nice if the Chargers make the Superbowl without him? Talk about karma.
Old 11/29/06, 12:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The thing that is so great about the NFL, is you have to play the game. You just never know what will happen. The team that looks like they should win on paper doesn't always win.
Should Dallas have beaten Indy, Miami beaten Chicago, or Oakland beaten anyone ?

As far as bad calls, it has been rampant this year, NFL as well as NCAA (I refer to the MANY bad calls against my Sooners this year as an example ) They need to fix it. There are about 10 different camera angles, slow motion, frame by frame forward & reverse and they STILL can't get it right. They should start fining the officials for blatantly stupid and erroneous calls.

BTW My prediction on LT wasn't too far off. I said 150 yds & 3 TDs he. He got the 3 TDs, albeit one by passing, and 109 yds. The guy is a stud and just happens to be on my Fantasy Football Team
Old 11/29/06, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea it sucks that anyones season ends due to injuries. Seau was being greedy for signing with the Pats, but ya know, more power to him. I can't blame him for taking another shot at it but the way he did it was a insult to SD.

"The thing that is so great about the NFL, is you have to play the game. You just never know what will happen. The team that looks like they should win on paper doesn't always win.
Should Dallas have beaten Indy, Miami beaten Chicago, or Oakland beaten anyone ?"
This is why I never underestimate any team.

Fine the refs?? That's an excellent idea! maybe they'll look at each play a bit harder lol.

I don't play fantasy football, but I can imagine Tomlinson has got to be a fantasy players dream right now.
Old 12/17/06, 08:58 PM
I'm people, and I like.

LT is awesome
Old 12/17/06, 11:32 PM
Cobra Member

199 yards and 2 td's today. Awesome is the right word for this guy. San Diego has been the most consistent them in the NFL this season. I hope they can keeo doing it through the Super Bowl.
Old 12/18/06, 08:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by scottie1113
199 yards and 2 td's today. Awesome is the right word for this guy. San Diego has been the most consistent them in the NFL this season. I hope they can keeo doing it through the Super Bowl.
+1
With all that this team has accomplished they no doubt deserve a ring!

A couple more records annihilated last night .
Rivers had an off game last night but i'm sure he can get back on track, otherwise it looks good. SD's defense did an excellent job holding back L. Johnson and company. Lets just keep the momentum going guys
SD will get a 1st round bye if Colts lose tonight (that should be a good game).

SOUND THE CHARGE!
Old 12/18/06, 09:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by scottie1113
199 yards and 2 td's today.
Yea that ******* came out with 199 yds and 2 plays to go. I might NEED those xtra 6 pts that 1 yard would have gotten me in one of My Fantasy Leagues
LT is definitely a bad *** though, and not your typical LOOK AT ME NFL superstar.
Old 1/2/07, 04:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

We got the 1st round bye and now home field! I'm still praying..... Congrats to Tomlinson for his new rushing title