Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Woot possible 07' Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/05, 04:31 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember too that there are many factors playing against the desireability of this car for people thinking of paying $15K - $25K over cost, chief among them Ford's apparent bait and switch game:

- Originally the Shelby was supposed to get IRS (didn't happen)
- The concept unveiled in New York had 19" wheels (now reduced to 18" wheels with the 19" option dropped)
- They've adopted a hood with vents the majority of people don't like
- There are reports that the leather interior may well be dropped

I think most people parting with $40K plus - and I don't pretend to speak for everyone here - are looking for more than just a big, go fast motor in what amounts to a Mustang GT with a few minor cosmetic alterations.

I know I want this Shelby to be something special and offer a level of refinement ABOVE the GT - ALONG WITH a big, go-fast motor.

But I seriously think that these dealers talking low supply and huge market demand are living in fantasyland and over estimating the desireability of the car...especially if Ford keeps deleting features.

Then you have the poor resale value, high cost of (premium) fuel, limited geographic range of the car in-between fill ups, high cost of insurance, etc, etc...and when it comes time to part with your hard-earned money, the reality check kicks in and this car becomes less and less appealing.

Just my 0.2 cents, which of course, is worth absolutely nothing.
Old 10/29/05, 04:39 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My worst fear for a GT500 is that I already know whats going to happen.. Some idiot is going to pay $100K for one on Ebay, and screw it up for the rest of us..

LOL!! He's not really an idiot, but by him paying $100K, it will make everyone who can get one to sell from Ford greedy..
Old 10/29/05, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@October 27, 2005, 4:58 PM
I take it your an Underworld fan?

You should see Kate Beckinsale in tight black leather, IN PERSON - it's a sight to behold, believe me!

We should have a treat for you on our site over the next week or so...

Yes I am. I would gladly succomb to eternal darkness if she beckoned.

I take it you have seen her on the movie set?

A treat huh? The only thing that I can think of that could add to her sexinesss would be if she drove a Mustang.
Old 10/29/05, 02:40 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by markski74@October 29, 2005, 8:23 AM
Yes I am. I would gladly succomb to eternal darkness if she beckoned.

I take it you have seen her on the movie set?

A treat huh? The only thing that I can think of that could add to her sexinesss would be if she drove a Mustang.
Yeah, I was on the Underworld: Evolution set last January. She's pretty hot and pretty intelligent - though as a Brit, I'm guessing she'd be more of an Aston Martin or Jaguar girl.
Old 10/29/05, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by MSP@October 29, 2005, 5:42 AM
My worst fear for a GT500 is that I already know whats going to happen.. Some idiot is going to pay $100K for one on Ebay, and screw it up for the rest of us..

LOL!! He's not really an idiot, but by him paying $100K, it will make everyone who can get one to sell from Ford greedy..
I beg to differ, he IS an idiot. Unless it is car number owned by somebody like Carroll or Bill Ford or HTT, it will not be worth anywhere near $100k.
Old 10/29/05, 10:00 PM
Cobra R Member

I have one as good as in my driveway right now. I will have the very first one that arrives at my dealer however I am about to change my mind. I just do not like the all black or red and black plain interior leather or not. I could have a blown crammer installed in my current GT for a lot less and it just might beat the Cobra in the quarter. The Cobra would not be a status symbol for me as that is just not my style but going like a bat out of heck is. I guess I will make that decision the day it arrives. Because of the sales tax I do not think I could turn it for a profit at all. One has to remember there is a loss here as well as the driving it out of the lot loss. Tax of 8.70% is a darn good hit. My 2 cents!! Next!
Old 10/30/05, 11:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 29, 2005, 11:03 PM
I have one as good as in my driveway right now. I will have the very first one that arrives at my dealer however I am about to change my mind. I just do not like the all black or red and black plain interior leather or not. I could have a blown crammer installed in my current GT for a lot less and it just might beat the Cobra in the quarter. The Cobra would not be a status symbol for me as that is just not my style but going like a bat out of heck is. I guess I will make that decision the day it arrives. Because of the sales tax I do not think I could turn it for a profit at all. One has to remember there is a loss here as well as the driving it out of the lot loss. Tax of 8.70% is a darn good hit. My 2 cents!! Next!
How do you know what the interior is like?
Old 10/30/05, 06:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@October 30, 2005, 12:45 PM
How do you know what the interior is like?
Photos
Old 10/30/05, 07:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Of the production version or the prototypes that we have seen so far? The interior is one of the items I hope does not lose the leather dash and gets some better seats. So I am curious as well as to the production version.