Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Waiting List

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 68notch+April 1, 2005, 5:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(68notch @ April 1, 2005, 5:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@April 1, 2005, 6:16 AM
You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place? You mean the freedom to illegally invade countries, kill innocent women and children and set up permanent military bases all to gain control of future oil reserves using fictional weapons of mass destruction as the excuse?

Yeah, that's all pretty responsible.
All of that is way off-base. This a mustang forum, not a "whiny Canadian" forum.
[/b][/quote]
And sometimes it's just a "Hi, I'm an arrogant redneck" forum.
Old 4/1/05, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@April 1, 2005, 11:52 AM
[And sometimes it's just a "Hi, I'm an arrogant redneck" forum.
Yep, rednecks are in Canada, too.
Old 4/1/05, 11:04 AM
V6 Member

How did you guys set it up to get on a waiting list? I've tried 5 dealers in my area and none have a waiting list. I'm running out of svt dealers to call.
Old 4/1/05, 11:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by slavehand+April 1, 2005, 7:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ April 1, 2005, 7:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@April 1, 2005, 6:16 AM
...You mean the freedom to give illegal aliens "status" in your country thereby encouraging millions of more Mexicans to pour across your border, overstress your social systems, and decimate your economy...while the whole time your Commander-in-Chief refuses to do anything about it?

...You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place?

Don't ever bring a knife to a gunfight again, bubba. :nono:
Robert, calm down man. You got some issues that you need to address. I'm not defending anyone but myself here so just hold on.

I can't thank the hispanic community enough for all that they have provided to improve livelyhoods for ALL parties involved. For EVERY argument you make, I can prove a rebuttal. They do a lot of laboring jobs that most white, black or what color you choose, that refuse to get off their sorry asses, would do. I have worked hand in hand w/ them in the past and continue to use them today. This country would not operate w/o the "illegal aliens"

Second, believe what you will about SS, but something does need to be done about it. SS payments alone are not enough for the elderly to live on. Most were not educated in the pricipal of saving for retirement because when they were @ that age to do so, they were fighting for their country "taking care of it" under the impression that one day their country would " take care of them" All from the New Deal and such. I'm asking you respectfully to put the gun down. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call the cops.
[/b][/quote]
Actually, I would argue that it is the U.S. that has some issues to address...and fast before the country goes into the toilet economically. But you guys are right, this is a Mustang forum, not a socio/political/economic forum.

As to SS - no-one's arguing that SS alone isn't enough for elderly people to live on...it NEVER has been and never will be (that's why people need to invest money outside of pension plans if they hope to ever have financial freedom). But the need to "fix" SS is an "invented issue" plain and simple. SS doesn't need any major revisions done to it for at least three decades, and there are far more pressing issues. Spending $3 billion to revamp it now just raises your deficit and further bankrupts your country.

And to the comment about your country not being able to operate w/o the "illegal aliens," you just put your finger on part of the bigger issues, namely: exporting manufacturing, labor, jobs, technology, etc, etc, while all the while running up a larger and larger deficit.

Some people need to take an Economics 101 class, I swear. But, if it's bets you like, I'll bet you that interest rates jump by roughly a full seven points sometime between now and the end of next year as your economy struggles to deal with a reduced manufacturing industry, increasing consumer debt and a rising trade deficit.
Old 4/1/05, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by E-Rock+April 1, 2005, 12:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(E-Rock @ April 1, 2005, 12:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@April 1, 2005, 11:52 AM
[And sometimes it's just a "Hi, I'm an arrogant redneck" forum.
Yep, rednecks are in Canada, too.
[/b][/quote]
Sadly, you're right.
Old 4/1/05, 11:56 AM

*ahem* actually getting back on topic...

I called every SVT dealership within 50 miles of Dallas and not one of them said they had an actual waiting list. Several were willing to take my name and call me back when they had one on the lot... :bang:
Old 4/1/05, 01:52 PM
V6 Member

danazar I was having the same problem then finally I found one that had a waiting list and I'm #25, just keep calling or go into one in person and ask if they can start one and put you down as #1
Old 4/1/05, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Robert+April 1, 2005, 1:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ April 1, 2005, 1:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by slavehand@April 1, 2005, 7:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Robert
@April 1, 2005, 6:16 AM
...You mean the freedom to give illegal aliens "status" in your country thereby encouraging millions of more Mexicans to pour across your border, overstress your social systems, and decimate your economy...while the whole time your Commander-in-Chief refuses to do anything about it?

...You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place?

Don't ever bring a knife to a gunfight again, bubba. :nono:

Robert, calm down man. You got some issues that you need to address. I'm not defending anyone but myself here so just hold on.

I can't thank the hispanic community enough for all that they have provided to improve livelyhoods for ALL parties involved. For EVERY argument you make, I can prove a rebuttal. They do a lot of laboring jobs that most white, black or what color you choose, that refuse to get off their sorry asses, would do. I have worked hand in hand w/ them in the past and continue to use them today. This country would not operate w/o the "illegal aliens"

Second, believe what you will about SS, but something does need to be done about it. SS payments alone are not enough for the elderly to live on. Most were not educated in the pricipal of saving for retirement because when they were @ that age to do so, they were fighting for their country "taking care of it" under the impression that one day their country would " take care of them" All from the New Deal and such. I'm asking you respectfully to put the gun down. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call the cops.
Actually, I would argue that it is the U.S. that has some issues to address...and fast before the country goes into the toilet economically. But you guys are right, this is a Mustang forum, not a socio/political/economic forum.

As to SS - no-one's arguing that SS alone isn't enough for elderly people to live on...it NEVER has been and never will be (that's why people need to invest money outside of pension plans if they hope to ever have financial freedom). But the need to "fix" SS is an "invented issue" plain and simple. SS doesn't need any major revisions done to it for at least three decades, and there are far more pressing issues. Spending $3 billion to revamp it now just raises your deficit and further bankrupts your country.

And to the comment about your country not being able to operate w/o the "illegal aliens," you just put your finger on part of the bigger issues, namely: exporting manufacturing, labor, jobs, technology, etc, etc, while all the while running up a larger and larger deficit.

Some people need to take an Economics 101 class, I swear. But, if it's bets you like, I'll bet you that interest rates jump by roughly a full seven points sometime between now and the end of next year as your economy struggles to deal with a reduced manufacturing industry, increasing consumer debt and a rising trade deficit.
[/b][/quote]

I give up.
Old 4/1/05, 04:18 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by danazar@April 1, 2005, 1:59 PM
*ahem* actually getting back on topic...

I agree. Let's stay on topic here guys. We have enough to disagree on regarding the GT500, let alone the world's problems.

Old 4/1/05, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

just got another reply:
Good morning Bill,

At this point it is very difficult to say what the pricing structure will be. A lot will be determined by the number of cars dealers will be allocated. It is my understanding that the vehicle will not even enter production until June of 06 as a 07 model year.

In addition I have had numerous inquirers’ regarding this product, one individual has already offered $75,000.00 which at this point I have not agreed to either. Please keep in touch for updates as we get closer to having real information
:notnice:
:crazy:
Old 4/1/05, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@April 1, 2005, 5:41 PM
just got another reply:
Good morning Bill,

At this point it is very difficult to say what the pricing structure will be. A lot will be determined by the number of cars dealers will be allocated. It is my understanding that the vehicle will not even enter production until June of 06 as a 07 model year.

In addition I have had numerous inquirers’ regarding this product, one individual has already offered $75,000.00 which at this point I have not agreed to either. Please keep in touch for updates as we get closer to having real information
:crazy:

Yeah, either :crazy: or
Old 4/2/05, 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$75000????

What an idiot.
Old 4/2/05, 08:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse@April 2, 2005, 9:58 AM
$75000????

What an idiot.

He'll have it for 6 months and sell it the first time he sees another one. He belongs in the I have to be the first to have one, whatever-it-is, category.