Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Waiting List

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/05, 07:21 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will galpin ford or brandon ford offer a waiting list? cuz me and my dad wanna get on 1
Old 3/29/05, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Manatee@March 29, 2005, 6:14 PM
My Atlanta dealer said they will not charge over MSRP.

As far as paying a deposit, I suppose a first time buyer at a dealership with a deposit will be handled before a first time buyer without a deposit, regardless when names were put on the list. I would hope once a dealership starts taking deposits, they call everyone on their "list" and give the listees the rules concerning deposits and their place in line.

Some dealers don't require deposits from good past customers.
It's up to the dealer to take deposits early or not I guess. Most dealers love deposits months, if not years, in advance.

Interest
Old 3/29/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mr-mstng@March 29, 2005, 6:18 PM
My local dealer said that once they have info and a price on the car, they start calling people on the list. Once you get the call, they want $1000 deposit to hold your spot.
Rob, Was this Coccia? Did you try Gibbons yet???
Old 3/30/05, 05:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by BlackRiderX+March 29, 2005, 9:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackRiderX @ March 29, 2005, 9:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mr-mstng@March 29, 2005, 6:18 PM
My local dealer said that once they have info and a price on the car, they start calling people on the list. Once you get the call, they want $1000 deposit to hold your spot.
Rob, Was this Coccia? Did you try Gibbons yet???
[/b][/quote]

Yes it was Coccia. They were at MSRP or less for the Mach 1s when they came out. Gibbons was well over sticker on the Mach 1s, so I can't imagine what they will ask for the Shelby. I won't even bother with them. I'll most likely end up doing what I did with the Mach 1, find a dealer that I can work with, do everything over the phone, and fly out/drive home.

BTW, the guy at Coccia said that they can't take a deposit on car that they have no info on.
Old 3/30/05, 11:28 AM

My first post. I am #1 on my wait list in at a dealership here in CA. No deposit. The fleet manager just took a picture of my ID and started his wait list folder. Myself and two other friends I coach HS Football with are 1,2,3 on the list. One of my friends is a good friend of the fleet manager
Old 3/31/05, 01:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

They're going to make 7500 a year for two to three years; plenty of opportunity for anyone who REALLY wants one to get one. I don't understand why anyone would bother being on a waiting list. Have we all grown that impatient?

In other news, I gotta say I'm kinda right-brained, left-brained about this car. Really want one, but after reading the story at the URL below, I don't know how much longer we can justify these high-horsepower gas burners...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/science/sto...1447921,00.html
Old 3/31/05, 08:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@March 31, 2005, 3:29 AM
They're going to make 7500 a year for two to three years; plenty of opportunity for anyone who REALLY wants one to get one. I don't understand why anyone would bother being on a waiting list. Have we all grown that impatient?

Are you freaking kidding me?!?! 7500 cars per year is "plenty". :scratch:

Dude, have you not been paying attention to the regular Mustang sales...Ford can't keep up with the demand for the Mustang GT...and they are making over 10x that amount.

And you say you don't understand why we would bother with a waiting list. Ok then, you don't bother and see what happens. Good luck trying to buy one in 2008.
Old 3/31/05, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

had a reply today, $10,000 over MSRP :angry:
Old 3/31/05, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Auburnman+March 31, 2005, 9:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auburnman @ March 31, 2005, 9:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@March 31, 2005, 3:29 AM

Are you freaking kidding me?!?! 7500 cars per year is "plenty". :scratch:

Dude, have you not been paying attention to the regular Mustang sales...Ford can't keep up with the demand for the Mustang GT...and they are making over 10x that amount.

And you say you don't understand why we would bother with a waiting list. Ok then, you don't bother and see what happens. Good luck trying to buy one in 2008.
[/b][/quote]
To reiterate: 1) that's more than they made of last year's Cobra; 2) GTs are selling fast because they're relatively CHEAP. Cobra's are going to be 10K more (plus ridiculous dealer markups in the US), so not everyone will be able to rush out and buy one. Plus, the production run will be two to three years, so if you really want one, I expect you'll be able to walk into an SVT dealer and order one once everyone else has put their "advance panic" orders in; 3) Finally, HTT said they will build as many as people want to buy during those production years.
Old 3/31/05, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@March 31, 2005, 2:44 PM
Thank god that practice is illegal in Canada. Canuckers will be able to buy at MSRP.

Man are the corporations ever out of control in the US. Few rules or regulations anymore.

Or, as Gordon Gecko said: "Greed is good." :scratch:
Old 3/31/05, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@March 31, 2005, 5:34 PM
Man are the corporations ever out of control in the US. Few rules or regulations anymore.
Careful with what you say...
There are too many rules an regulations as it stands. But some of you canadians wouldn't understand what freedom from government really means. You actually want the government to be like your mommy and take care of all your wants/needs so you don't have to be a responsible human being.

So what if the dealers price guages...yeah it would stink for all of us with average incomes with the hopes of buying this really cool car (self included). But its not food,water, or any other staple of life...its just a freaking automobile? Supply and demand will drive the price up OR down.
Old 3/31/05, 04:27 PM

This is what I received from my local dealer. Good idea? The deposit is $500.

XXXXXX Ford hereby agrees to contact _______(you)_______, at Phone Number when XXXXX has a 2007 Shelby Cobra available for sale. This agreement will ensure your name on an “interested party list†and an option to purchase the stated vehicle at that time. Both parties agree that there has been no discussion or promises made as to actual availability date or final selling price.

By signing this agreement and depositing earnest money on this date, the only guarantees made are that the customer will be given the option to purchase a vehicle as they are made available, or get a full refund of their earnest money at that time.

If customer does not agree to final pricing or color availability they may submit a request for a full refund of their deposit. Customer understands that vehicle must be titled in their name and tax paid upon delivery of vehicle and this agreement cannot be transferred or assigned to another party.
Old 4/1/05, 04:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Auburnman+March 31, 2005, 5:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auburnman @ March 31, 2005, 5:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@March 31, 2005, 5:34 PM
Careful with what you say...
There are too many rules an regulations as it stands. But some of you canadians wouldn't understand what freedom from government really means. You actually want the government to be like your mommy and take care of all your wants/needs so you don't have to be a responsible human being.

So what if the dealers price guages...yeah it would stink for all of us with average incomes with the hopes of buying this really cool car (self included). But its not food,water, or any other staple of life...its just a freaking automobile? Supply and demand will drive the price up OR down.
[/b][/quote]
Outta your league here.

You mean "freedom from government" like Enron? You mean the freedom to pollute the environment and dump toxic chemicals into rivers and streams with government approval? You mean the freedom to give illegal aliens "status" in your country thereby encouraging millions of more Mexicans to pour across your border, overstress your social systems, and decimate your economy...while the whole time your Commander-in-Chief refuses to do anything about it? You mean the freedom to outsource and ship American jobs to other countries while hard-working Americans get squeezed into lesser and lesser paying jobs against cheaper foreign labor markets? You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place? You mean the freedom to illegally invade countries, kill innocent women and children and set up permanent military bases all to gain control of future oil reserves using fictional weapons of mass destruction as the excuse?

Yeah, that's all pretty responsible.

I'm betting I've FORGOTTEN more about your country than you ever knew about mine. Don't ever bring a knife to a gunfight again, bubba. :nono:
Old 4/1/05, 04:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Robert@April 1, 2005, 6:16 AM
You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place? You mean the freedom to illegally invade countries, kill innocent women and children and set up permanent military bases all to gain control of future oil reserves using fictional weapons of mass destruction as the excuse?

All of that is way off-base. This a mustang forum, not a "whiny Canadian" forum.
Old 4/1/05, 06:14 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@March 31, 2005, 3:44 PM
I wonder how many people would be willing to pay that much :scratch:
Old 4/1/05, 06:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Robert@April 1, 2005, 6:16 AM
...You mean the freedom to give illegal aliens "status" in your country thereby encouraging millions of more Mexicans to pour across your border, overstress your social systems, and decimate your economy...while the whole time your Commander-in-Chief refuses to do anything about it?

...You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place?

Don't ever bring a knife to a gunfight again, bubba. :nono:
Robert, calm down man. You got some issues that you need to address. I'm not defending anyone but myself here so just hold on.

I can't thank the hispanic community enough for all that they have provided to improve livelyhoods for ALL parties involved. For EVERY argument you make, I can prove a rebuttal. They do a lot of laboring jobs that most white, black or what color you choose, that refuse to get off their sorry asses, would do. I have worked hand in hand w/ them in the past and continue to use them today. This country would not operate w/o the "illegal aliens"

Second, believe what you will about SS, but something does need to be done about it. SS payments alone are not enough for the elderly to live on. Most were not educated in the pricipal of saving for retirement because when they were @ that age to do so, they were fighting for their country "taking care of it" under the impression that one day their country would " take care of them" All from the New Deal and such. I'm asking you respectfully to put the gun down. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to call the cops.
Old 4/1/05, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Robert@April 1, 2005, 5:16 AM

You mean "freedom from government" like Enron? You mean the freedom to pollute the environment and dump toxic chemicals into rivers and streams with government approval? You mean the freedom to give illegal aliens "status" in your country thereby encouraging millions of more Mexicans to pour across your border, overstress your social systems, and decimate your economy...while the whole time your Commander-in-Chief refuses to do anything about it? You mean the freedom to outsource and ship American jobs to other countries while hard-working Americans get squeezed into lesser and lesser paying jobs against cheaper foreign labor markets? You mean the freedom to watch your government "invent" a problem called "essential Social Security reform" when Social Security isn't even broken in the first place? You mean the freedom to illegally invade countries, kill innocent women and children and set up permanent military bases all to gain control of future oil reserves using fictional weapons of mass destruction as the excuse?

LOL, Some of us "get it"
Old 4/1/05, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

By the way, Robert, I am an American working for a company based in Vancouver, so I guess that makes me kinda neutral, right???
I assure you, not all American companies are "evil", we're just "driven to perform".

Okee-Dokey, let's leave the politics behind us and get back to the discussion at hand!
I am 1st on a local dealer's list, no money down. I can't see how a dealer would justify a deposit at this stage in the game anyway. I have heard of a few dealers (via these forums) asking for a $200 deposit. I also heard there was one Canadian dealer who was requiring a $2500 (CAN) deposit, and that's the worst I have heard. I also polled 5 dealers in 2 states, and all indicated that they would not mark-up the Shelby (that remains to be seen, but it's hopeful). then there are some dealers have no plans to start a list at all.
Old 4/1/05, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

mr-mstng,

Have you tried dealing for the car over the phone then having it shipped out to a dealer near you? For around 250$ you can have the dealer you make the deal with ship it to a local dealer near you that way you do not have to fly out and drive it home....unless of course you want to!
Old 4/1/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm # 3 in line at one of TMS's Dealers........MSRP is promised.

Quick Reply: Waiting List