Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Some SE news

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/04, 09:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Couldn't find a picture of Ebony for you Merlot but I've seen it before and I have to say it is glossier and much more reflective than normal black. It sometimes appears dusty too.
Old 10/3/04, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished a term paper on Hybrid cars and the greenhouse effect from Pollutants of regular cars and your comment on polluting is very inappropriate.
Too bad I agree with you totally, plan on having two Mustangs someday, and NEVER will I move back to my home state of California!!!
Forget the California Special, make a Texas Special, big and bad like the state. Or a Southern Special for all the racing fans!
Old 10/3/04, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Brad confirmed in an interview that the Cal Special is indeed coming. But, you guys knew it was coming.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=6436
Old 10/3/04, 11:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Just wanted to be sure everyone knows i was being horribly sarcastic when i said "Forget hybrids! Mustangs are all about pollution!"

I'm studying mechanical engineering with a minor in environmental engineering, and i plan to build a career around making cars that don't mess up the planet too much for future generations.

I think hybrid tech is simply a way to make the internal combustion engine as efficient as possible, and i think that within 20 years or so, hybrid tech will have found its way into all the new cars on the market. In about 3 or 4 years, we're gonna see a lot of models with hybrid versions available: camry, accord, altima, highlander, fusion, rx400h, and all the GM trucks are getting mild hybrid systems. And in many cases, the hybrids will be faster than the standard version, such as the highlander and the accord, since these models just take the regular V6 and add one or two electric motors on top of that.

The automotive industry is gonna be going through some serious changes in the next couple decades, and the mustang is gonna have to roll with it. Everyone is afraid of that though, cause they think the stang would then become a slow economy car. But that's just cause the first hybrid models to hit the market were like that. Some companies have put out hybrid concepts that are crazy fast, like the toyota volta, and the mitsubishi e-concept, both with around 400hp or so.

I think a hybrid mustang would sell like mad. If not a v8 hybrid set up like i described in my last post, then a v6 hybrid with performance somewhere between the v6 and the GT, and with gas mileage much higher than the v6. I know most of the people on this forum would never go for that, but if you think about it, a car like that would appeal to a huge audience, especially with the awesome styling on this stang.

And California Special would be a pretty appropriate name for it too.
Old 10/3/04, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by KapitanGT@October 3, 2004, 10:14 AM
Brad confirmed in an interview that the Cal Special is indeed coming.
Strictly speaking, Hau Thai-Tang only confirmed that it was on a list of special editions being considered, but I'm sure he's careful about announcing things out-of-turn. The schedule you have reported (CA Special in 2006, Bullitt in 2007) is certainly consistent with what Hau Thai-Tang said, and what he wasn't willing to say.
Old 10/10/04, 05:21 PM
Banned

why isn't Titanium Silver listed in the 2006 colors?

also, i read somewhere that Ford was not going to release another Bullitt or Mach1 model in this run of Mustangs to keep the exclusiveness to just those years of modern Mustangs and help keep their value as a collector's item. i believe it was J Mays that said that during a visit to Oklahoma City.
Old 10/10/04, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by aNgLiaM@October 10, 2004, 5:24 PM

also, i read somewhere that Ford was not going to release another Bullitt or Mach1 model in this run of Mustangs to keep the exclusiveness to just those years of modern Mustangs and help keep their value as a collector's item. i believe it was J Mays that said that during a visit to Oklahoma City.
What I been hearing it might be Mach1 and Cal.SP not Bullitt because of Copyrights by WB.
Old 10/10/04, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 05mach1+October 10, 2004, 9:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05mach1 @ October 10, 2004, 9:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aNgLiaM@October 10, 2004, 5:24 PM

What I been hearing it might be Mach1 and Cal.SP not Bullitt because of Copyrights by WB. [/b][/quote]
Yep, Bullitt is property of W-B.

A lot of internet rumors a few years back said the reason the name "terminator" was dropped frrom the 03 Cobra is because Ford figured they would eventually have to pay MGM for the right to use the name, or that MGM already contacted them not to use the name. This led people to believe that a future Bullitt would be avoided because Ford might not want to pay for the name.

I read Ford did work with W-B to get the last Bullitt released though so I wouldn't worry about them doing it again. To tell the truth, if W-B is doing the remake I'm sure both Dodge and Ford will sign deals with them to market the Charger and Mustang respectivly. Anything else and the movie will be a disappointment.
Old 10/10/04, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@October 2, 2004, 11:39 PM
PS not sure but maybe a vinyle top

Okay, put the crack pipe down and repeat after me:

NO MORE VINYL TOPS EVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Old 10/10/04, 11:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ConvertibleJoe+October 3, 2004, 12:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ConvertibleJoe @ October 3, 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KapitanGT@October 3, 2004, 10:14 AM
Brad confirmed in an interview that the Cal Special is indeed coming.
Strictly speaking, Hau Thai-Tang only confirmed that it was on a list of special editions being considered, but I'm sure he's careful about announcing things out-of-turn. The schedule you have reported (CA Special in 2006, Bullitt in 2007) is certainly consistent with what Hau Thai-Tang said, and what he wasn't willing to say. [/b][/quote]
I was going to say the same thing. Of all the special editions they could release, I would think the Cali special is the least known or desired of all of the possibilities. It would be silly to do something so obscure with so much else to choose from.
Old 10/10/04, 11:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BlackRiderX@October 10, 2004, 10:21 PM

A lot of internet rumors a few years back said the reason the name "terminator" was dropped frrom the 03 Cobra is because Ford figured they would eventually have to pay MGM for the right to use the name, or that MGM already contacted them not to use the name. This led people to believe that a future Bullitt would be avoided because Ford might not want to pay for the name.

I read Ford did work with W-B to get the last Bullitt released though so I wouldn't worry about them doing it again. To tell the truth, if W-B is doing the remake I'm sure both Dodge and Ford will sign deals with them to market the Charger and Mustang respectivly. Anything else and the movie will be a disappointment.
How is it possible they have any right to 'terminator'??? Bullitt or even Futura are marketing made-up names, terminator as used by MGM has NOTHING to do with the automotive industry. They would not have any right to the name whatsoever if an automobile company used it for a car's name. Only if they did a commercial or something implimenting the movie's plot or theme could it be construed as a copywright infringement. Ford has rights to the name "mustang" as the name of a car only, you could go out and make a movie called 'mustang' if you felt like it.
Old 10/11/04, 12:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kevinb120+October 11, 2004, 12:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ October 11, 2004, 12:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlackRiderX@October 10, 2004, 10:21 PM

How is it possible they have any right to 'terminator'??? Bullitt or even Futura are marketing made-up names, terminator as used by MGM has NOTHING to do with the automotive industry. They would not have any right to the name whatsoever if an automobile company used it for a car's name. Only if they did a commercial or something implimenting the movie's plot or theme could it be construed as a copywright infringement. Ford has rights to the name "mustang" as the name of a car only, you could go out and make a movie called 'mustang' if you felt like it. [/b][/quote]
Simple, the name "Terminator" is a trademark of MGM studios. BTW, Sony bought the MGM film library a few weeks ago so they own it now.

"A trademark includes any word, NAME, symbol, or device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods. In short, a trademark is a brand name. "

While I understand that we are comparing a car company to a movie company lawsuits happen all the time regarding names. Consider what happend between New Line Cinema and Blizzard Entertainment a while back ... Video game title vs film title

"Blizzard Entertainment announced that a federal judge has granted a Preliminary Injunction against New Line Cinema Corp. barring use of the word "Diablo" in a movie title. Blizzard's trademark applications for use of Diablo date back to 1996, more than four years before New Line began work on its movie of the same name. New Line had planned to release a movie this summer with Vin Diesel playing a character named Diablo."

BTW, I'm not saying this is what happened, afaik, but I was addressing the concerns some members had that Ford wouldn't deal with W-B to make another Bullitt available. This is how the rumor started.

Heres what I found, Ford didn't have the rights to use the Bullitt name.

"Well, inspiration comes from all sorts of sources, but with the idea in mind, Ford set out to win the rights to the Bullitt name, which was shared by Warner Brothers and the McQueen family. With a promise he’d get the first one off the line, son Chad McQueen helped push the project through. " --- USA Today
Old 10/11/04, 01:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe they just wanted to bring back the notchback???

Old 10/21/04, 09:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Adding some more fuel to the speculation fires - given the cornfield commercial with McQueen, the next SE will be a Bullit - a logical followup to the ad.
Old 10/21/04, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by stang@September 4, 2004, 5:48 PM
I agree with Charles. California doesn't carry the same meaning it did 40 years ago. I think of left-wing hippie environuts when I hear California. Although, "California Special" would be a good name for a hybrid Mustang.