Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

So insiders...only one car so far.

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/05, 08:31 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The GT/CS had some history to it... it wasnt as easy as some dealers just tacking some stuff on
http://www.californiaspecial.com/history.htm
I believe it would be a good seller. And having a new GT/CS styled stang would mean a lot more coming from Ford than from any graphic shop.

Anyways, I would also like to see a Boss over any other SE :P
Old 3/26/05, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 26, 2005, 9:34 PM
The GT/CS had some history to it... it wasnt as easy as some dealers just tacking some stuff on
http://www.californiaspecial.com/history.htm
I believe it would be a good seller. And having a new GT/CS styled stang would mean a lot more coming from Ford than from any graphic shop.

Anyways, I would also like to see a Boss over any other SE :P

Thanks for the link! Pretty interesting stuff. First, "Late Jan '68 Secret meeting with No. California Ford dealers, executives and advertising executives in Pico Rivera (approval given)." My point to this is Specific to California. I know it might be just me, but I don't live in California and wouldn't want this on my $30,000 or so plus car. While I'll agree that many people would still buy this car, I still don't think that it would be the best choice for Ford (my opinion). Also, I understand that it would mean more coming from Ford. I guess that is just my way of saying it would mean more to me if a Boss came from Ford. "mean a lot more coming from Ford than from any graphic shop" That is another touchy subject. I have certain issues with this. I honestly feel that in many cases when these SEs that are made by Ford they can be done better in so many ways. I know there are many people out there (including myself), that if given a reasonable amount of time and money could not only make a car worthy of such an SE title, but in fact make it truer to it's roots and better. I guess you and I can be first in line for the Boss if it ever happens. Although, I can honestly deal with just an 06 Orange GT, that I will gladly put all the special effects of my choice and a motor that would even make Ford proud.
Old 3/26/05, 08:59 PM
I'm people, and I like.

sorry about the graphic shop comment, wasnt thinking about that element of it.
Here's hoping for a Boss in Grabber Orange and Grabber Blue
on a side note, Pico Rivera is my neighboring city. :P
Old 3/26/05, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by V10+March 26, 2005, 8:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ March 26, 2005, 8:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BlackRiderX@March 26, 2005, 8:48 PM
Chances are Ford just didn't want to lose the name
Trademarks have to be renewed every few years, otherwise the holder looses them. Example, Ford lost Futura.
[/b][/quote]

That is what I meant. :scratch:

Ford learned their lesson when it came time to name the Ford GT40 err... Ford GT.
Old 3/26/05, 09:07 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by BlackRiderX@March 26, 2005, 8:04 PM
Ford learned their lesson when it came time to name the Ford GT40 err... Ford GT.
huh? I thought Ford named it GT and not GT40 becuase it wasnt 40 inches tall anymore.
I learn something new everyday
Old 3/26/05, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 26, 2005, 10:02 PM

sorry about the graphic shop comment, wasnt thinking about that element of it.
Here's hoping for a Boss in Grabber Orange and Grabber Blue
on a side note, Pico Rivera is my neighboring city. :P

Man, it's all good. I do think you might have takeb the "touchy subject" comment wrong. I really meant it was touchy to me and not so much that your comment mad me ill or anything. I have always kinda had the slogan "there is nothing the factory makes that I can't make better". In the true meaning of this "there is nothing the factory can do that mustang owners can't do to make their cars more meaningful to them". Hope that makes sense. And here is to our Boss stangs......
Old 3/26/05, 09:16 PM
I'm people, and I like.

thanks for the clarification... i had an idea you were talking about it that way.