Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

So insiders...only one car so far.

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/05, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Boomer@March 25, 2005, 8:43 PM
No I know what/who Scot is talking about.

Poster 'anaski'(spl?) specifically said 'there will be 2 cars. just wait and see tomorrow'
Talking about the NYIAS...where allegidly he was pointing in the direction that there would be an SVT cobra, and a Shelby GT500

It came it went, there was 1 car.....

Unless I trust the source, I won't believe it till I see it.
Very few REAL insiders on this site....
They are here, they just don't say anything. The true mark of an insider. :nono:
Old 3/25/05, 09:21 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Grantsdale@March 25, 2005, 7:10 PM
This will blow your mind then:

The 06 color list was reported to brad by a person "with sources" that also said in the same thread that Ford would be producing a "California Special" edition 2005 Mustang.

That didn't happen, yet the colors are still on the site. They are probably just as wrong.
Ford did get the rights for the California Special tag just recently, so even if it aint a 2005, it may still be released in a later year
And the colors are still listed, but it has the "this list is unconfirmed" warning at the top of them
Old 3/25/05, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, so where is Anaki now? Better yet, where's that pure SVT Cobra that he referred to as "the other car?" The theorem was quite obviously nonsense and he was quite obviously a fraud.
Old 3/25/05, 11:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@March 25, 2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, so where is Anaki now? Better yet, where's that pure SVT Cobra that he referred to as "the other car?" The theorem was quite obviously nonsense and he was quite obviously a fraud.
A fraud I think not, politics is what has won out in this. If you refer to the Motor Trend article it states that Mr. Shelby has had little to do with this car in regardes to the development. The article also recognizes that Shelbys name aside it is the next SVT Cobra. Like I said in a previous post if all that happens is SVT/Ford end up developing and producing the cars and Mr. Shelby doesn't do his own work like Saleen and Roush how can that be accepted. I have also said that I respect Shelby for his achievements in the 60's but that was then and this is now. Please don't deny the fact that SVT would have derived at exactly the same car without Shelbys minimal input.
As far as the car goes, I think it's awsome, I wouldn't change much if anything.
Am I going to buy one? Yes, how could I pass on the baddest SVT Cobra todate after owning three othe SVT Cobras.
Am I going to take the Shelby badges and GT 500 stickers off? Undecided but probably not. I'm not into defacing another great SVT product.

In the end we all win, nostalgic Shelby fans get what may be a second chance at their dreams and SVT Cobra loyalists, like myself get a coutiuation of a great cars from SVT that have only gotten better through the years.
Old 3/26/05, 12:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by anaki+March 26, 2005, 12:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(anaki @ March 26, 2005, 12:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@March 25, 2005, 11:38 PM
A fraud I think not, politics is what has won out in this. If you refer to the Motor Trend article it states that Mr. Shelby has had little to do with this car in regardes to the development. The article also recognizes that Shelbys name aside it is the next SVT Cobra. Like I said in a previous post if all that happens is SVT/Ford end up developing and producing the cars and Mr. Shelby doesn't do his own work like Saleen and Roush how can that be accepted. I have also said that I respect Shelby for his achievements in the 60's but that was then and this is now. Please don't deny the fact that SVT would have derived at exactly the same car without Shelbys minimal input.
As far as the car goes, I think it's awsome, I wouldn't change much if anything.
Am I going to buy one? Yes, how could I pass on the baddest SVT Cobra todate after owning three othe SVT Cobras.
Am I going to take the Shelby badges and GT 500 stickers off? Undecided but probably not. I'm not into defacing another great SVT product.

In the end we all win, nostalgic Shelby fans get what may be a second chance at their dreams and SVT Cobra loyalists, like myself get a coutiuation of a great cars from SVT that have only gotten better through the years.
[/b][/quote]
Thought that might root him out of his cave.

If I'm not mistaken, you stated very clearly that there were to be TWO variants and that they would BOTH be unveiled at the NYIAS. Well, guess what, that didn't happen. Now, instead of apologizing for posing as some sort of "insider," and for misleading people on this board under false pretenses, you're changing your story. :nono:

"Like I said in a previous post if all that happens is SVT/Ford end up developing and producing the cars and Mr. Shelby doesn't do his own work like Saleen and Roush how can that be accepted." Huh...? :scratch:
Old 3/26/05, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Anaki, let's not lie k? you MAY have heard something from someshere that you took to heart but in the scheme of things it didn't mean any more than me if i had claimed there would be 5 levels of cobras. It was all and you know it. you continously tossed smiley faces and thumbs up so that it would make you seem like you knew what you were talking about. If there had been two varients you would have said i told you so and it would have made you feel better about being you. But theres not so you might as well come clean. Until then........Boo this man

Booooooooooooooooooo!
Old 3/26/05, 11:55 AM
I'm people, and I like.

yaaaaayy!

oh... wait

booooooo! :angry:

Old 3/26/05, 12:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The only other reference I have heard to of the 2 car scenario is Motor Trend. The article states that originally were 2, the GT500 being below the SVT Cobra. Where it would be priced in the high 40s/low 50s but bean counters shot down the idea, thinking that would price it out of its league. Hence why there is only one car.

As for insider info, you may want to validate it, rather than believing you are 150% correct, and have egg on your face in the end.
No where was stated that it could be...it was always 'yah, you just watch'
From the article it wasn't exactly a last minute change either.

So the 'news/info' you had, was old, and I'm guessing was passed to you from someone on the inside, who may or may not have been one of the people that 'moved on to other career opportunities'

"Better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Old 3/26/05, 12:22 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Boomer@March 26, 2005, 11:08 AM
The only other reference I have heard to of the 2 car scenario is Motor Trend. The article states that originally were 2, the GT500 being below the SVT Cobra. Where it would be priced in the high 40s/low 50s but bean counters shot down the idea, thinking that would price it out of its league. Hence why there is only one car.
thats stated in the second to last paragraph of this page
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=15751

it would have been "to rich for a mustang"
Old 3/26/05, 01:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd say that article justifies him stating 2 cars. He was told the truth and told us his truth. The only problem is nobody told him it was decided against in the end. Why don't we give the guy a break. He may have valuable info in the future. None of you may believe it, but, I would welcome any info from him. I think he was legit, just not complete.
Old 3/26/05, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Route 66@March 13, 2005, 2:03 PM
So I hit the autoshow this morning. This Tom guy is up on the FORD GT display giving the spill about the supercar. After he came down, I started talking to him about the New York autoshow. He'll be there doing alot of the presentation (sp.). He says he has seen the 07 Cobra that'll be shown. It's the GT500. Red with white stripes. Pulled out his briefcase stacks upon stacks upon stacks of Mustang information. Showed me the Motortrend magazine (like I haven't seen that)with the Shelby Cobra pic in it. He said the car will be pretty much look the same. side exaust, but probably won't make production like that. Non functional hood scoop. NON FUNCTIONAL. Darn. And the engine? He says 5.4 w/supercharger. Same as the Ford GT. He says order banks will open late fall of this year with delivery spring to summer of next year as an 07. I asked about price. He hears 35,000 to 45,000. I can't imaging 35,000 if it has the GT engine. Again, he says he's seen it, and it'll look just like the car below. I forgot to ask about IRS or live rear axel. Dang. We'll see in about 10 days if this Tom guy knows what he's talking about or if it's just rumor bs.
Oh ya, Will have a ducktail with sequential lights.

PS. The Mustang GT had more people around it than some of the supercars.

This is what I posted after the Minneapolis auto show. This guy was pretty darn close to being correct. I never considered him a source, just Tom from the autoshow. Most people on this board says these autoshow guys don't have any inside information. That's probably the case with most of them. This guy just really acted like he knew something.
Old 3/26/05, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+March 26, 2005, 12:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thezeppelin8 @ March 26, 2005, 12:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@March 25, 2005, 7:10 PM
This will blow your mind then:

The 06 color list was reported to brad by a person "with sources" that also said in the same thread that Ford would be producing a "California Special" edition 2005 Mustang.

That didn't happen, yet the colors are still on the site. They are probably just as wrong.
Ford did get the rights for the California Special tag just recently, so even if it aint a 2005, it may still be released in a later year
And the colors are still listed, but it has the "this list is unconfirmed" warning at the top of them
[/b][/quote]

Ford has owned "California Special" for use in naming a car for about 40 years.
Old 3/26/05, 07:43 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Ford Trademarked it on January 4th, 2005
http://www.auto-report.net/index.html?tm200501.html

Of course, it might mean something, and it might not
Old 3/26/05, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chances are Ford just didn't want to lose the name
Old 3/26/05, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 26, 2005, 10:46 PM
Ford Trademarked it on January 4th, 2005
http://www.auto-report.net/index.html?tm200501.html

Of course, it might mean something, and it might not
Just a renewal. Notice names still in use, such as Trailblazer, are on that list.
Old 3/26/05, 07:51 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by BlackRiderX@March 26, 2005, 8:48 PM
Chances are Ford just didn't want to lose the name
Trademarks have to be renewed every few years, otherwise the holder looses them. Example, Ford lost Futura.
Old 3/26/05, 07:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah, thats how ford lost the GT-40 name. and it sounds as though anaki was telling the truth. but in the end it was decided against. motor trend says the same thing. its possible ford had a SVT Cobra version with the GT motor making 550 HP and irs. but im sure someone would pay 50k for it. people pay 65k for a 500hp saleen and 60+ for the 385 horse cobra r. i think we might see the version he was talking about in the future as the new R
Old 3/26/05, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford already lost the trademark to the name "Futura" to pep boys. There was a big story on that a few months back when ford wanted to bring the name back.
Old 3/26/05, 08:02 PM
I'm people, and I like.

oh alright... thanks for the clarification about the uses of trademarks.

But I'm still a little suspicious though because they trademarked Trailblazer in New Zealand, and they dont sell Trailblazers there. I may be looking too much into it.
Old 3/26/05, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

With the new line of rumors leaning towards, will there be any Special Editions and or when will we know about them or see them, I am just wondering what the big deal is about the California Special. I mean, yeah Ford renewed the name, so what! I have wanted to see a Boss edition car since the idea was ever mentioned about the new retro design stang. While others want Machs and Bullits, we all have are likes (all of which I do believe would have been better suited for the new style). So on to my point. Who cares about a California Special edition car (unless you live in California)? This car at best, was a Southern California Ford Dealer group throwing parts on a car (borrowed from the Shelby parts bin) in the interest to make sales. Really, a ducktail on a coupe, side scoops, square foglights, thunderbird taillights, stipes, and a chrome badge on the rear qtr. panels, big deal. Don't get me wrong, I love the old mustangs. However, I just like to think that people would want something a little more substantial than just the tacked on stuff listed above. Why stop there? Why not a Colorado Special, or a Bama Special, etc. The whole car was a dealer ploy to increase sales (not saying it didn't work, just saying). I really want to believe that most true mustang enthusiasts want SEs with more meaning, substance, and prestige. Further more, I'm not trying to updset GT/CS owners, they are nice cars. However, if someone has a newly designed s197 and they want the equivalent of a California Special, please contact Streat Scenes, Xenon, CDC, and Graphic Express. They will gladly hook you up with all the scoops, spoilers, and stickers you like. Please Ford build a BOSS, a Mach, or even a Bullit (Boss for me though ).

Quick Reply: So insiders...only one car so far.