Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

First Shelby Cobra GT500 Photo!

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/05, 08:07 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on this thread, nobody really cares for talk on the II's, whether for them or against them. All of you should Personal Message eachother instead of letting it spill all over the forums. all of yous should have some type of respect for this site.
This should be the last Off Topic post.
Old 3/26/05, 09:51 AM

[/quote]
Holy crapcakes, dude! Calling others defensive is a little like the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think?

Lemmie guess, you're a Mustang II owner...? Why else would you so vehemently feel the need to trumpet the "merits" <cough><gasp> of that particular era of Mustang.
[/quote

Of course I am...and it took you how long to figure that out? Good grief..this forum is so full of bandwagon wannabe wheenies that need support of one another, it's sickening. I think the majority of you have issues with dealing with any discussion that isn't self full of adulation about the GT and GT500's. Anyone that doesn't play along here is considered a troll and going off topic...what nonsense.

Thirty years of Mustang ownership has proven to me, that the hobby is full of little cliques of the different generations, that for the most part have little in common with one another. I really don't care for, need or desire your acceptance at this point, nor think anyone could save the world from the kind of dislike for II's that exists in forums like this. On the street and among those that own other makes both stock and modified, there is hardly any contempt about II's. In fact, most will always be very positve about them.

No need to put me on ignore...I wasn't planning on staying here long anyway. I just wanted to make my response to the initial II bashing, and reestablish in my mind that there's good reason to walk directly past the cornfields of '05's competing for the best wax job of the year award at the next Ford meet I might attend.
Old 3/26/05, 10:16 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boy the new GT500 is Great (just trying to get back to topic...sorry for my tangent on 79-81 cobras and Canadian Cobra GTs)
Old 3/26/05, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Whats wrong with the mustang II's?
Old 3/26/05, 11:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by stoic21@March 26, 2005, 1:38 PM
:bang:

Old 3/26/05, 11:43 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by stoic21@March 26, 2005, 10:38 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with them... but we cant discuss this here, everyone that wants to talk about the II should go to the II section on the Board.

Please, oh Please
Old 3/26/05, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by AFBLUE@March 26, 2005, 11:19 AM
Boy the new GT500 is Great (just trying to get back to topic...sorry for my tangent on 79-81 cobras and Canadian Cobra GTs)

Hey AFBLUE would you mind posting your avatar. That's nice!!

Old 3/26/05, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by klingonford+March 26, 2005, 8:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klingonford @ March 26, 2005, 8:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AFBLUE@March 26, 2005, 11:19 AM

[/b][/quote]
Old 3/26/05, 04:38 PM

Has anyone any information on the new Shelby coming out in a convertible?
Old 3/26/05, 08:31 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

QUOTE(AFBLUE @ March 26, 2005, 11:19 AM)

Sure, I just made it at the http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustang/cobraPainter.html and hit alt and print screen keys on my keyboard and pasted it to photoshop where I cropped it.
Old 3/26/05, 08:34 PM
I'm people, and I like.

beautiful, simply beautiful!
Old 3/26/05, 08:36 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

This would be my 2nd favorite combo.
Old 3/26/05, 08:37 PM
I'm people, and I like.

that one is nice also, but i love the white with blue!
Old 3/26/05, 08:39 PM

[B][FONT=Courier][COLOR=orange]

Glad now I didn't get the '04 drop top Cobra.
Old 3/26/05, 08:43 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Yeah, white with blue stripes is what I plan to get. I was kinda disappointed with the GT500 at first, but when I think about the fact that no one has bought a new Shelby mustang since 1970 (excluding the ones made on the old body style in Texas today), it has become irresistable to me. I love the thought of buying a brand new Shelby Mustang. I like the front. Glad to hear they may have other wheel options cuz those aren't doing it for me. Thought the ducktail looked tacked on too but its growing on me.
Old 3/26/05, 08:48 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by AFBLUE@March 26, 2005, 7:46 PM
Yeah, white with blue stripes is what I plan to get. I was kinda disappointed with the GT500 at first, but when I think about the fact that no one has bought a new Shelby mustang since 1970 (excluding the ones made on the old body style in Texas today), it has become irresistable to me. I love the thought of buying a brand new Shelby Mustang. I like the front. Glad to hear they may have other wheel options cuz those aren't doing it for me. Thought the ducktail looked tacked on too but its growing on me.
That same fact of it being the first new shelby since 1970 has been in my mind also!
too bad I wont be able to afford one when they first come out.
The ducktail did look tacked on, but I got into it very quickly. And t there was some say of wheels designed after classic shelby's... we'll see
Old 3/26/05, 08:52 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

thezeppelin8,

BTW, Love your car-toon Gallery (yes I know I'm off subject). Yeah GT500!
Old 3/26/05, 08:54 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Thanks Mark! just starting, hope to get better

woohoo GT500!
Old 3/26/05, 09:06 PM

Hey All - I just got back from the NY Auto Show, and talked to the Ford guy on tap there:

He indicated that the new Shelby would be between 40 and 45K as the pricing range that Ford is looking into. He also said there WOULD (yes) be a convertible model. I asked if we'd see a demo convertible anytime soon and he said no.

40-45K is looking a little higher than 39K which is kinda :-(

I will say although on paper the Shelby looks awesome, I actually preferred the looks of the Saleen S281SC and Extreme over the Shelby. I'm not exactly a person falling all over the retro look (I really liked the 'new edge' or 'creased' mustangs which seemed to look to the future instead of towards the past). I'm also not enthused by the lack of IRS and the 50K price tag for the convertible..

.. With that said I'm sure a lot of you will love the new shelby. I have some pics of it (as well as the adrenaline concept and the GR1, Ford GT, and other Ford cars).. The Shelby did look very clean (which is always nice -- clean looking like the 93 cobra was vs the 93 GTs with their cheese shredder taillights ;-) ) compared to the Saleens, but the Saleen definitely screamed more passionately (to me). It's ashame we don't have a 5.4L DOHC option for the Saleen...

Anyway, If anyone wants any Ford pics from the show(let me know what you're looking for) send me an email: john.heritage@gmail.com .

I look forward to the next future looking mustang .. I don't mean this as a flame on the new cars, because they're definitely nice, but.. the retro just doesn't do it for me.. (when I think retro, I think of my dad's 70 cougar XR7 convertible).

- John Heritage
2001 Cobra Convertible (stocker) - Love that IRS on the highway
1984 Mustang GT w/425 horse 351W
Old 3/26/05, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by LXXVI-II@March 26, 2005, 10:54 AM
Holy crapcakes, dude! Calling others defensive is a little like the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think?

Lemmie guess, you're a Mustang II owner...? Why else would you so vehemently feel the need to trumpet the "merits" <cough><gasp> of that particular era of Mustang.

Of course I am...and it took you how long to figure that out? Good grief..this forum is so full of bandwagon wannabe wheenies that need support of one another, it's sickening. I think the majority of you have issues with dealing with any discussion that isn't self full of adulation about the GT and GT500's. Anyone that doesn't play along here is considered a troll and going off topic...what nonsense.

Thirty years of Mustang ownership has proven to me, that the hobby is full of little cliques of the different generations, that for the most part have little in common with one another. I really don't care for, need or desire your acceptance at this point, nor think anyone could save the world from the kind of dislike for II's that exists in forums like this. On the street and among those that own other makes both stock and modified, there is hardly any contempt about II's. In fact, most will always be very positve about them.

No need to put me on ignore...I wasn't planning on staying here long anyway. I just wanted to make my response to the initial II bashing, and reestablish in my mind that there's good reason to walk directly past the cornfields of '05's competing for the best wax job of the year award at the next Ford meet I might attend.

Where's that emoticon for jerking yourself a soda again? :scratch:

Quick Reply: First Shelby Cobra GT500 Photo!