Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

05 saleen pics

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/05, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This car isn't worth parting with 44K plus 3K tax!! The motor is NA and puts out 300 @ rear wheels. You would get a better handling faster car with the C6 Vet for a few more thousand. Also you would be better off waiting for the Cobra. If I put 15K into a GT over its cost I could make a better looking and faster car then the Saleen.
Old 1/8/05, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

So whats is the pricetag for? That sounds like way to much to be paying for a body kit!
Old 1/8/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not a big fan of the 05 Saleen or the wheels they chose...
However they sure got the Wheels/Tire gap and offset right on the mark to how it should look from the factory.
Anyone have info on the spec's of the offset for those rims.?
Old 1/11/05, 04:02 PM
GT Member

saw two 05 saleens in a local dealership (one black and one silver). THey were incredible. Sticker on both was $49,000
Old 1/11/05, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jwenger@January 8, 2005, 11:42 AM
This car isn't worth parting with 44K plus 3K tax!! The motor is NA and puts out 300 @ rear wheels. You would get a better handling faster car with the C6 Vet for a few more thousand. Also you would be better off waiting for the Cobra. If I put 15K into a GT over its cost I could make a better looking and faster car then the Saleen.
I agree. Either GT or C6 is much better bang for the buck and you can customize the GT the way you want it. Too many questionable styling cues on the Saleen IMO. Who is going to buy a 50K Saleen when the SVT car comes out and destroys it, probably for much less?
Old 1/11/05, 08:18 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the relatively clean lines, except for the rear end. It looks a little too busy to me.

I'm more of the "less is more" school of thought.
Old 1/11/05, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@January 6, 2005, 1:49 PM
I am really liking the Saleen more and more every day. I thought the Sonic Blue was a great color for it, but the White makes the car look so clean, and smooth.
I agree 100% , the white is by far the better color ..
Old 1/12/05, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by hootie51@January 11, 2005, 5:05 PM
saw two 05 saleens in a local dealership (one black and one silver). THey were incredible. Sticker on both was $49,000
Those have got to be the S/C'd versions or else that dealer is looking to bend someone over something fierce.

Keep in mind... you're paying for a bit more than a body kit. Granted, it's not anywhere the deal the Cobra probably will be but you are buying a Saleen.... which depending on how you feel about that, buys you the name, the exclusiveness, the resale value, the bragging rights, yada, yada, yada.

Not saying that is or is not a good thing, but to some, it can be a big deal. I've met quite a few Saleen owners and they seem to like the idea of being in a relatively small, exclusive group of specialty car owners.

Brett
Old 1/12/05, 12:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Putawaywet+January 12, 2005, 1:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Putawaywet @ January 12, 2005, 1:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hootie51@January 11, 2005, 5:05 PM
Those have got to be the S/C'd versions or else that dealer is looking to bend someone over something fierce.

Keep in mind... you're paying for a bit more than a body kit. Granted, it's not anywhere the deal the Cobra probably will be but you are buying a Saleen.... which depending on how you feel about that, buys you the name, the exclusiveness, the resale value, the bragging rights, yada, yada, yada.

Not saying that is or is not a good thing, but to some, it can be a big deal. I've met quite a few Saleen owners and they seem to like the idea of being in a relatively small, exclusive group of specialty car owners.

Brett [/b][/quote]

I'd have to agree. Everyone and their brother will have a mustang GT or V6 *cough* model .. Owning the Saleen will defintely put you in another "more exclusive" club . Well put ..

I think the black saleen on ebay looks wicked. But will see what the 07 cobra will look like in a couple of months. No doubt I will be trading my 05 for the cobra.
Old 9/17/05, 07:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67@January 7, 2005, 10:33 PM
I think Saleen has Made several mistakes recently. The Sonic Blue Saleen on E-Bay that was posted here, didn't have the Blackouts on the inboard tail lights, but did have the Saleen Trim on the Rear Quarter Window. And after looking at the pics of it, i believe all it is is a trim piece mounted over the stock Quarter Window. I prefer the Stock Look of the Quarter Window over the Saleen Trim, because I like how it just has a Clean Edge, and No Gasket. Same with the Rear window, Ford made it with No Gasket.
Do you have any pics of the Sonic Blue Saleen with the missing blackouts?

I like the Saleen extended rear profile, but I don't like the supercar grill section they put in there.... I plan on moving the plate down to the bumper (standard position) and leaving off the Saleen trim on the tailgate.