V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/06, 04:03 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know these numbers seem absolultey ridiculous.. I am aware of that.. But I carefully used the track times and known facts to make the comparison.. You must remember, Rygen's times are using 3.73's and a TLOK..

Afixer is peg legged using 3.31's! Afixer is definatley making some darn good power to keep the times so close to Rygens car..

These numbers are a very good comparison in my opinion based on the known facts and known track times..

I am a Vortech faithfull.. I am also dedicated to the SOHC 4.0 Mustang community first and foremost.. I show no bias towards any power adders.. But using the numbers you can all use, and draw your own conclusions, this is thus far the only facts we have..

For Afixer to get so close to Rygens time peg-legged and his first time out on a somewhat incomplete tune, the numbers all speak for themselves..

Please, I challenge anyone to come to another conclusion using all the facts available to you.. I think I am pretty close to the mark on this.. If not, post your theories or numbers.. I am open to debate.. In fact, I want someone elses opinion..

These are the facts..

Rygen wins by .22 in one run, and by .308 in another..

Rygen used 3.73 gears and a tlok

Afixer used a Peg leg and 3.31's..

Please challenge me someone.. This looks to good to be true even to me.. De-bunk my theory please I beg you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted before that Afixer can hit 13's with some work, gearing, lsd and some LCA's couldn't hurt.

Actually, after reading this, I just realized that Afixer is the first SC to give us some slips. At least first privately owned SC to give us some slips.

Wow, so Afixer, you are...officially the fastest privately owned SC'd S197 V6 Mustang!!!! Congratulations. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Man, this Xcharger may be what the doctor ordered for Nitrous fans. I can't wait to see the dyno to compare with his track runs.
Old 4/28/06, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 28, 2006, 4:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok Rygen, so if my theory is somewhere within the ballpark then this is how the XCharger is going to break down in terms of boost..
Using your RWHP and RWTQ as a baseline, since thats all we have..

Here is MSP's theory on power from the Xcharger

HP= 14.66HP per PSI of Boost

TQ = 23.66 Ft. Lbs per PSI of boost

Ok I used 190RWHP and 220RWTQ as the basline N/A engine power

So in my theory the Xcharger will stack up like this with boost..

6psi= 277.96RWHP 361.96RWTQ

9psi= 321.94RWHP 432.94RWTQ

12psi= 365.92RWHP 503.92RWTQ
LOL!! Good lord all mighty Jesus!! If my theory is correct we are definatley in for a huge surprise.. The higher boost numbers could be subject to alittle heat soak.. But I am almost 100% sure based on the ET comparison, this is where the Xcharger is at.. Lets see how close my theory is... If it comes anywhere close to these numbers, that is F'ing awsome!!

Keep in mind, heatsoak could diminsh the numbers by 1-10 in the higher boost numbers.. But I am almost positive this is how it will stack up.. I know the numbers seem to good to be true in the 9 and 12psi range, but thats where the numbers take us..

@Afixer

We need you to release the dyno numbers asap... Please.. LOL!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hey guys, from Sunny California! Stop beating your heads on this, we'll know soon.

Later Doug904 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 04:42 PM

LOL, we can't help it Doug. We are like a bunch of crack heads......except we are hooked on mustangs.

So, hows the "scenery" in sunny california??????

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 06:06 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 28, 2006, 5:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok so looking at his 1/8th mile time of 9.174 ET, and viewing your results Rygen, I have come to the conclusion that he is indeed making similar power to a 100shot of NOS..

The difference in the times is due to peg-leg, and first time out syndrome..

Here are your times Rygen, which are posted everywhere and are always available for comparison purposes..

Afixers best run was 9.174ET in the 1/8th

Rygens are as follows.. Rygens have improved since these times were made.. I am using one of his older runs which appears to be making similar power when you factor in the handicapps which held back Afixer..

1st Run

• RT: .449
• 60: 2.138
• 330: 5.835
• 1/8: 8.954
• MPH: 77.89
• 1000: 11.680
• 1/4: 4.117
• MPH: 87.52

In this one, the difference in time = .22

2nd Run

• RT: -.240
• 60: 2.039
• 330: 5.735
• 1/8: 8.866
• MPH: 77.43
• 1000: 11.611
• 1/4: 13.931
• MPH: 96.84

This one the difference = .308

So it looks as if the difference in times could be attributed to no LSD Launch, and first time out.. I think he is pretty close to your 100shot numbers Rygen.. I am willing to bet he is making power similar to a 100shot of NOS no doubt..
[/b][/quote]

actually the 9.174 was the GTO... you have to re-read his post... Afixer's numbers are:

60' - 2.125
330' - 6.019
1/8 - 9.218
mph - 76.9

Compare that to Rygen's 1st run and you'll see Afixer actually had a BETTER 60'! But Rygne's ET and MPH are better... And this was with Rygen's car "slow" shifting...

Like Doug we'll know soon enough... Will be interesting to see how the car runs once everything is done... LOL
Old 4/28/06, 06:23 PM
GT Member

here is the acura kill
http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/displayim...lbum=205&pos=66
here is the shleen kill
http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/displayim...lbum=205&pos=72

sorry guys but i have been driving all the way up to sanjose from la. got 22.8 MPG with a/c on wife and 2 kids and loaded trunk. droped them off at the hotel went and got doug at the airport and dave patty and he just left with my car. ill meet up with them tomarrow morning.

the track was a rush heres what i did. 1/2 tank of chev 91 och 44 psi in the front 28 psi in the rear full sized spare in the trunk. the saleen run was by myself the acura was me and my bud.
Old 4/28/06, 11:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

afixer... you've mentioned your mileage a couple times... seems to be pretty decent. How does it compare before the blower? Higher? Lower?
Old 4/29/06, 05:19 AM

Next time you go Tom, your rears should be 30psi and fronts 50psi.
Old 4/29/06, 05:26 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 28, 2006, 3:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
LOL, we can't help it Doug. We are like a bunch of crack heads......except we are hooked on mustangs.

So, hows the "scenery" in sunny california??????

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

LOL!! Yep, it is very addicting!

@Scrming

Thanks for the correction.. Well now we know Rygen is also stomping GTO's atleast.. LOL! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Hey Scrming, I noticed you have placed the 2005 V6 in the top 10 on TMS!! WOW!! What an accomplishment! I am very proud of you man! Congratulations.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/29/06, 06:48 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 29, 2006, 7:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
LOL!! Yep, it is very addicting!

@Scrming

Thanks for the correction.. Well now we know Rygen is also stomping GTO's atleast.. LOL! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Hey Scrming, I noticed you have placed the 2005 V6 in the top 10 on TMS!! WOW!! What an accomplishment! I am very proud of you man! Congratulations.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks!!!
Old 4/29/06, 07:50 AM
GT Member

milage actuallt seam about the same but ill have to let the newness where off.
Old 4/29/06, 01:25 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am really getting tired of having to clean up posts because people insist on acting like children. Once again I have had to clean up/delete posts. Grow up guys. I'm tired of seeing useful topics overrun with arguments between members.
Old 4/30/06, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

MSP, Allthough afixer's times seem similar to rygens earlier runs, The torque will be nowhere 360ft/lbs. Nitrous has a tendency to make much more torque than horsepower. My prediction is that the x-charger will make 90 more horsepower to the wheels, So say you start at 190rwhp, you will be at 280rwhp on 6psi. I think torque will be somewhere in the 300-310 range and not much more. The roots just brings on the boost earlier than centirfugals so when the engine makes peak torque you are also at peak boost, making more torque than a centrifugal but also less horsepower than one. I doubt its torque numbers will be as high as nitrous. This is just my opinion though, only time will tell.
Old 4/30/06, 08:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ April 30, 2006, 9:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP, Allthough afixer's times seem similar to rygens earlier runs, The torque will be nowhere 360ft/lbs. Nitrous has a tendency to make much more torque than horsepower. My prediction is that the x-charger will make 90 more horsepower to the wheels, So say you start at 190rwhp, you will be at 280rwhp on 6psi. I think torque will be somewhere in the 300-310 range and not much more. The roots just brings on the boost earlier than centirfugals so when the engine makes peak torque you are also at peak boost, making more torque than a centrifugal but also less horsepower than one. I doubt its torque numbers will be as high as nitrous. This is just my opinion though, only time will tell.
[/b][/quote]

That's what I thought, 90hp to the wheels. 280hp at 6PSI sounds pretty good.
Old 4/30/06, 09:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ April 30, 2006, 10:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's what I thought, 90hp to the wheels. 280hp at 6PSI sounds pretty good.
[/b][/quote]

For 6PSI that is darn good!!! And full boost at 2k rpm. I bet it takes off like a rocket. I can't wait to see what Doug pulls out of the thing!
Old 4/30/06, 11:03 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ April 30, 2006, 7:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I agree.. I am trying to stay optimistic for my buddy Afixer! This way later when the numbers come out, and I finally get re-dyno'd with some new upgrades, atleast Afixer will know I was not biased.. I had his back..

But your most likley right Blaster199.. Your most likley right.. And that is d-a-m-n good for 6psi.. But it would be fun to see it hit my numbers.. LOL! Just imgine, 432RWTQ @ 9psi!...
Old 5/1/06, 08:18 AM
GT Member

so doug will be posting an indepth post but the basic cali numbers 6v auto using 91 och chevron gas are 250 hp and 262 torque. the other kit could be smaller pully (we tried that BTW) boost was around 9psi at 6300. but that was on a dyno i dont see getting the rpm that high. the boost came on even quicker but wait for dougs post im sur it will answer alot of questions its just a shame the site was down , cause when i talked to hime yesterday he said he was going to post the info. im sure its coming and he is the real guy to ask. my head was mush saterday he kept tring to explain stuff but since we were running late and i promised my son he could use it for his prom that night all i could think of was the 1 1/2 drive back and cleaning the car. i made it home 40 min before he had to leave so i quick detaild the car and he was fine. the funniest part was that i had doug make me a valet tune. about 5 min after my son left the phone rings " dad what did you do to the car im going 65 on the freway and there is a little old lady in front of me and i can not pass her it's kinda embarasing" it was pretty funny. anyway i didnt want to ruin his date so i told him to pull into a paring lot after he got of the fwy and i explained how to reflash. i know i know anyway he was able to pick up his date and he and a few other caravaned to the prom so it would have been embaressing to have him be beat by an 18 year old in a pacer so hey i caved!. all went well and we all had fun.
Old 5/1/06, 11:31 AM
V6 Member

I look forward to dougs post. There will be dyno graphs I assume?

Afixer
Was this on a Dynojet or a mustang dyno?
Old 5/1/06, 12:08 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 24, 2006, 7:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know.. I know we have not seen the dyno yet for the system at 6psi.. However, I know 6psi on our motors is less than 300RWHP and TQ.. I would guess based on the design of the M90 and its ability to heat up the boost 6psi is most likley somewhere around 265RWHP and about 270RWTQ.. Nice thing about this is you will have this from 2000RPM until you cross the traps..

Not sure how the Meth will effect it Rygen.. If I were you I would stick with your NOS injection and the Xcharger if thats what you choose...
[/b][/quote]

So it appears I was closer to the mark in this first post where I tried predicting.. LOL!!

The latter prediction was to show confidence for my man Afixer!

Overall Afixer, I think its still good.. There are a number of things you can do to the system to make it produce more power.. One is a shot of NOS... If you were to inject a 75shot into the intake air stream, you would be surprisd how high the numbers jump.. As I predicted, it appears the roots is heating up the boost.. Partly due to a non-intercooled setup...?

Well, you can cool the boost off with a Snow kit and get back a tremendous amount of power... This is not a bad thing at all Afixer.. I like it cause I see the potential.. But you must stick to your guns on this.. Trust me, a Snow kit could easily get you closer to 300RWHP..

Or you could opt for the Zex Kit, which would cool the boost and also help the Roots blower to produce more power..

Personally, I think you should try this out first.. Its not that much money, and you can install it yourself.. You need to cool off that boost, and this is the best way to do it fast and soon..

http://www.coolingmist.com/

The kit in this link should be your next move..

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=01250TBF

Dont get discouraged Afixer.. We love challenges around here.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 12:31 PM
MSP
Banned

@Afixer

You mentioned it actually made 9psi @ 6300RPM... In a perfect world this would be equal to 135HP.. Using 15HP per psi of boost...

This would be 345HP @ the Flywheel.. Now if we take 18% from this for an 05V6 Automatic drivetrain loss, this places the rear wheels at 282RWHP... Your at 250RWHP... This is the result of heatsoak..

I know people like to argue with me alot around here.. You must not listen to them.. Trust me, we need to get the boost cooled off somehow..

You can actually use water to greatly improve the power output.. In your case, you would want the water to inject at about 5psi of boost.. This way by 9psi it will not heat soak you and diminish the return on boost..

Looking at the 250RWHP number which has been presented heat soak is responsible for about a loss of 32RWHP..

Now by using water to cool the boost, you can get back this 32rwhp, and increase possibly double its efficiency.. Producing an extra 64rwhp.. 250+64=314..

People are going to argue with me about this.. But dont listen to them... Trust me Afixer..

Now that you live in a world of boost, you have no other friends but me.. We are brothers tied together at the hip by boost and 05V6's! Only another boost brother knows what you need.. Others can only offer speculation.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..