V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/06, 09:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't give out any details but how about a little movie.....

X-charger Performance Movie....

Get ready for TORQUE!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Details, Doug! Must have details!

What's the intake on the final product going to be like? Price? Group buy discount?!!
Old 4/23/06, 10:19 AM

Oh man Doug thats GREAT!!!
Will you be offering complete pretuned kits for customers like me? (Dave from Germany)

Endemo
Old 4/23/06, 01:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes,

These kits will come with X-2's preloaded with BamaChips supercharger tuning. They will be bolt on and drive away kits. They will come with larger injectors and some kits will have a different MAF as well.

As for pricing I beleive they are trying to stay around $3500 or the average cost for a s/c kit these days. This is for the base kit, best part is they may also be offering a upgrade for the kit so you can buy the kit at first and then down the line you can add a smaller pulley, larger TB, and different tune and have even more power so it has room to grow.

That video is of an automatic car, numbers soon to follow...

Thanks, Doug.
Old 4/23/06, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is Afixers car, absolute sick!!! It sounds f'ing awesome. Wow. I wonder what that thing is putting down.
Old 4/23/06, 02:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ April 23, 2006, 2:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes,

These kits will come with X-2's preloaded with BamaChips supercharger tuning. They will be bolt on and drive away kits. They will come with larger injectors and some kits will have a different MAF as well.
As for pricing I beleive they are trying to stay around $3500 or the average cost for a s/c kit these days. This is for the base kit, best part is they may also be offering a upgrade for the kit so you can buy the kit at first and then down the line you can add a smaller pulley, larger TB, and different tune and have even more power so it has room to grow.

That video is of an automatic car, numbers soon to follow...

Thanks, Doug.
[/b][/quote]

Is there going to be a discount if you already have an XCal-2? Like say, if you already bought one from a certain fellow in Alabama? And will there be a torque tune available? Also, can I keep my Steeda CAI?
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 02:34 PM
GT Member

man that car is hot! that guy is the luckiest guy in the world. i cant wait to get one!

hey wait! I do thats my car! cool
Old 4/23/06, 02:35 PM

Man, I listened to that video like 7 times now. That sounds so bad hiney.
Old 4/23/06, 02:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 23, 2006, 3:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Man, I listened to that video like 7 times now. That sounds so bad hiney.
[/b][/quote]

Same here. Sounds 1000x better than that Ranger video!
Old 4/23/06, 03:28 PM

He better get rid of the peg leg. I would like to see some #'s.
Old 4/23/06, 03:28 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 23, 2006, 1:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
man that car is hot! that guy is the luckiest guy in the world. i cant wait to get one!

hey wait! I do thats my car! cool
[/b][/quote]

Afixer that is so beautiful man!! You made my day guys!! That system looks darn good!

The most shocking part is its on an automatic.. TCS is definatley off, and it looks like Doug has worked out the torque limitation issue inside the tune! WOW! Very impressive!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 03:51 PM

Doug,

Have you had a chance to tune one yet? I'm curious what you can squeze out of it. I think the the guy from SCT is doing Toms (Afixer's) tune (is Dave his name?), but I am curious what you have managed to get out of this kit?
Old 4/23/06, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 23, 2006, 5:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Doug,

Have you had a chance to tune one yet? I'm curious what you can squeze out of it. I think the the guy from SCT is doing Toms (Afixer's) tune (is Dave his name?), but I am curious what you have managed to get out of this kit?
[/b][/quote]

I think Dave is the owner(?) of Explorer Express...
Old 4/23/06, 04:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ April 23, 2006, 5:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think Dave is the owner(?) of Explorer Express...
[/b][/quote]

Yea, I got my names mixed up, Tom...help me out here. Who is the guy that works with Doug from SCT? I think his name is Chris. Not sure.
Old 4/23/06, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

think there was a chris in there somewhere maybe lol
Old 4/23/06, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Chris Johnson is out at MagnaCharger and doing some base tuning for the X-charger and for the MagnaCharger GT kit as well. Once the base tune is established I will get it and then make my adjustments to it for the throttle lag and such, from their the X-2's that come with the kits will come from me.

Also, if you have a X-2 already then we will work with you on the pricing and I will be able to supply you with the tuning.

I've been working with Dave Vanek from the beginnings of this kit because I already do the tuning for the Explorer and Ranger kit he sells. Also because of my knowledge of the 4.0's, I've made the parts suggestions and some kit suggestions that have truly made this kit one for the beginner to the full on racer.

Once we have the kit dialed I will have one for my own testing purposes and if I can get in in time I may have it at a Fun Ford Weekend race to see what kinda numbers we can get from it on the track.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 4/23/06, 05:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

So, who wants to lend a few G's to a fellow V6er??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Gotta say, that sounds awsome. Too bad the drive shaft went though.
Old 4/23/06, 06:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yup,

The 05's sound as if they have a problem with anything higher then about 115 mph, on most the SCT tunes dont even raise the speed limiters above that. The new driveshaft they installed was a revised unit with locks on the U-joints, something the 05 didn't have.

After some discussion with Dave about this more I may actually be doing the final tuning on it very soon. The reason I didn't do the intial tuning is the new throttle tables for the 05ups is very complicated and when he found out that Chris was coming out there we jumped at the chance. Still things aren't 100% yet so I may go out and finish it up, we'll find out soon. Getting my bags packed to goto Cali!

Thanks Doug.
Old 4/23/06, 07:23 PM
GT Member

GREAT NEWS! i just save a lot of money on my insurance! na just kidding

but realy. i just got done talking to dave and everything i coming together. after the small set back with the drivshaft and dave going back up to no cal. here is what we are doing this will help out dave. i am going to meet chris tomarrow and he will finish the tune. remember we never did a full pull. the only dyno we have is THE BIG hiney SMILE ON MY FACE. but the best new of all is since im going to be in no cal next week any way for a family event Dave and I are going to meet with the Tune master Doug AT A SHOP BY DAVE and he will do some doug magic ! so not only will i have i great blower but "I WILL HAVE A DOUG DYNO TUNE" HEEHEE! Are you really really jealous now.
Old 4/23/06, 08:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 23, 2006, 9:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
GREAT NEWS! i just save a lot of money on my insurance! na just kidding

but realy. i just got done talking to dave and everything i coming together. after the small set back with the drivshaft and dave going back up to no cal. here is what we are doing this will help out dave. i am going to meet chris tomarrow and he will finish the tune. remember we never did a full pull. the only dyno we have is THE BIG hiney SMILE ON MY FACE. but the best new of all is since im going to be in no cal next week any way for a family event Dave and I are going to meet with the Tune master Doug AT A SHOP BY DAVE and he will do some doug magic ! so not only will i have i great blower but "I WILL HAVE A DOUG DYNO TUNE" HEEHEE! Are you really really jealous now.
[/b][/quote]

Very cool, I'm wondering what Doug can do with that M90. I can't wait to see the results of this.

Quick Reply: X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..