V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06, 03:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 26, 2006, 1:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There is definatley some confusion here somewhere..

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=107809

SEMA: MRT Unveils Tricked-Out Ford Mustang

Date posted: 10-31-2005

LAS VEGAS — MRT's customized 2006 Ford Mustang convertible gets a Black Cherry paint job, an aftermarket hood with dual scoops, a matching leather cabin and a backup camera mounted on the rear license plate bracket for the 2005 SEMA show which starts November 1.

The custom Mustang is powered by a twin-turbo version of Ford's stock 4.0-liter V6, delivering 300 horsepower at the rear wheels. Michigan-based MRT outfitted the car's exterior with a custom grille treatment, tail panel black-out treatment and custom taillight accents. The interior includes stock seats reskinned with a Sparco leather kit and a carbon-fiber dash with a custom black MRT shift ball.

The audio/video system on the Cherry 6T6 consists of six monitors, two in the sun visors, two in the headrests, one in the head unit in the dash and one in the trunk lid. Other chassis modifications include 20-inch Foose wheels wrapped in Pirelli PZero rim protectors.

Dont you just hate not having a dyno sheet? LOL!! They are trying to keep us all confused!

I think someone quoted the Flywheel HP Scrming..

350HP= 300RWHP

385TQ = 327RWTQ

Thats still pretty good though.. The custom intercooler it looks like gained them an additional 35HP! Thats pretty good..

7psi x 15HP(per psi of boost)= 105HP + 210HP = 315HP + 35HP(Intercooler) = 350HP - 15% = 300RWHP
[/b][/quote]

Page 100 of Modified Mustang, May Issue... list it at 350RWHP.... But your right.... it's probably supposed to be 350HP.... I'll double check with Scott ...
Old 4/26/06, 09:42 AM
Cobra R Member

the powerhouse turbo makes 350rwhp at 8psi, so slightly more efficient twin setup might be able to do it at 7 psi.
Old 4/26/06, 12:44 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ April 26, 2006, 8:45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
the powerhouse turbo makes 350rwhp at 8psi, so slightly more efficient twin setup might be able to do it at 7 psi.
[/b][/quote]

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=45539&st=0

Mike shows it made 304RWHP and 342RWTQ @ 8psi.

Of course all of these units could easily be turned up..

Also, no manufacturer is going to design a kit for an 05V6 which places the HP above 400HP @ the flywheel.. The general concensus is to shoot for 300RWHP.. Anything above that and we are on our own.. They are not going to take responsibility for the variances in quality for the parts used in over a million+ V6 Mustangs..

They can only create a product and promise it will work forever @ 300RWHP... 350RWHP is 412HP Flywheel... The deal is, we get kits good for 300RWHP.. Above that, we must compete with each other to see whose motor last the longest above that..
Old 4/26/06, 12:49 PM
Cobra R Member

remember, thats on a mustang dyno msp, not a dynojet

and its 312rwhp on a mustang dyno now per his last email to me
Old 4/26/06, 12:54 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ April 26, 2006, 11:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
remember, thats on a mustang dyno msp, not a dynojet

and its 312rwhp on a mustang dyno now per his last email to me
[/b][/quote]

Ok great, its on a Mustang Dyno.. Its still not 350RWHP like you just posted.. LOL!! Whats going on man?

312RWHP is darn good.. I am just pointing out that 350RWHP cant be done with less than double digit boost increases.. Unless other parts of the system are adding efficiency somehow, or the A/F ratio is borderline running race gas..
Old 4/26/06, 02:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 26, 2006, 1:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok great, its on a Mustang Dyno.. Its still not 350RWHP like you just posted.. LOL!! Whats going on man?

312RWHP is darn good.. I am just pointing out that 350RWHP cant be done with less than double digit boost increases.. Unless other parts of the system are adding efficiency somehow, or the A/F ratio is borderline running race gas..
[/b][/quote]

312 on a Mustang dyno is around 340-350 on a dynojet, I think. Actually, I'm quoting fazm.
Old 4/26/06, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is the captin speacking we have a bomb on the plane! oh wait that was another hijack movie! LOL
Old 4/26/06, 03:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 26, 2006, 4:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
this is the captin speacking we have a bomb on the plane! oh wait that was another hijack movie! LOL
[/b][/quote]

Well maybe this thread wouldn't get hijacked if we had more friggin' information! How about it? How long before the hi-po version hits the streets? Any estimates on hp? How far below 300 is your cali version? Give us something to talk about!
Old 4/26/06, 04:21 PM
Cobra R Member

and yes, 312rwhp on a mustang dyno is just north of 340rwhp on a dynojet. For someone thats "all bout numbers" you should know that.

10psi will easily yield 370-380rwhp with a custom dyno tune.

and that 312rwhp(340+ dynojet) on the mustang dyno is at a 10.9 AFR on 93 octane pump gas. Thats a very conservative tune. Im sure if you wanted the full 350rwhp on 8psi, its possible if you go to a 11.8 AFR or so, but why bother.

Something else to point out, this is also at 5500rpm, not even pulling the car all the way to redline.
Old 4/26/06, 05:29 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ April 26, 2006, 3:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
and yes, 312rwhp on a mustang dyno is just north of 340rwhp on a dynojet. For someone thats "all bout numbers" you should know that.

10psi will easily yield 370-380rwhp with a custom dyno tune.

and that 312rwhp(340+ dynojet) on the mustang dyno is at a 10.9 AFR on 93 octane pump gas. Thats a very conservative tune. Im sure if you wanted the full 350rwhp on 8psi, its possible if you go to a 11.8 AFR or so, but why bother.

Something else to point out, this is also at 5500rpm, not even pulling the car all the way to redline.
[/b][/quote]

Its only 8-10% difference between the two Fazm.. If the load on the Mustang Dyno is set to 3600Lbs, then you would use 10%.. If it is set between 3000-3600Lbs. then you would use a lesser number.. I dont care how much you want to sugar coat it, it aint gonna happen at 8psi unless there are other parts of the system which promote efficiency..

Also The Powerhouse tune was set for 11.4 A/F on the 304RWHP Dyno and tapered off to 11.8 A/F.. I dont how how you presume he could get to 350RWHP safely..

I know your going to get the Powerhouse Turbo, and thats great.. I support your efforts, and will support you.. But you cant change the reality of boost.. So he was able to squeeze another 8RWHP out of the tune, and get it to 312RWHP.. LOL! Big deal..

This isnt about the Powerhouse car anyway.. This is about you claiming a SOHC 4.0 can get to 350RWHP on 8psi.. 412 Flywheel HP on 8psi, with a stock cam and heads.. Come on man..
Old 4/26/06, 05:47 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 26, 2006, 2:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

This discussion is relevant to your setup Afixer.. We are discussing the 3 xtremes for our cars.. Roots, Turbo's, and Centrifigals.. The discussion has not turned to far off of your path.. The main topic of discussion is boost.. How it effect HP and TQ..

Like I have stated in the past, I am just glad we all have options.. Isnt it nice to have choices! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 06:34 PM
Cobra R Member

im done arguing with you, read my posts, i posted the new dyno chart from them a few weeks ago with the 10.9 afr, not worth my efforts to dig it up. just so you knkow 10% of 312 is 312. 312+31.2 = 343.2 Thats simple real math.

*presses his 'easy button' from staples* there we go, its quiet now
Old 4/26/06, 06:38 PM
GT Member

oh im just pullin your chain. i couldnt resist. its all in fun im glad you guys are talkin about somthin ! hey at least im still posting here ive boycotted MF due to the #s bugging. but i would like to point out something interesting. i happend to pick up my other son today at school so when i got home i was driving thru the alley behind the house and looked at my son and said well why not. so i light it up . but this time the car gets a little loose! huh oh well. off i go. then later today my bud comes buy with the wifes car (he just fixed it) any way yesterday when i stopped by i didnt have time for him to drive it but i did today! so off we go. anyway he realy liked it good poer and real smooth . so were on the way back and i say lets go to the alley. we stop and he does a little burn out "thats it i say" and he says yea . than he askes if all the burnouts back here are mine ? Yup! then we notice the one i did today was both wheels. i say what up with that. i thought i was peg leg. he said yea but obviosly the wheels were making so much torque the it made the otherone spin. is that true? if it is thats interesting you see because thats after the final tune was done. all the other burnouts were on saturday.
Old 4/26/06, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

my friend said he would see my left tire spin once in a while when i was doin 1 legged burnouts at the track.
Old 4/26/06, 09:26 PM
GT Member

i was really surprized because its like 30 feet long on both
Old 4/26/06, 09:46 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ April 26, 2006, 5:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
im done arguing with you, read my posts, i posted the new dyno chart from them a few weeks ago with the 10.9 afr, not worth my efforts to dig it up. just so you knkow 10% of 312 is 312. 312+31.2 = 343.2 Thats simple real math.

*presses his 'easy button' from staples* there we go, its quiet now
[/b][/quote]

Well maybe Mike Bowen will honsetly tell us what he has the load set at on his Mustang Dyno.. LOL! Of course he will say its set to 3600Lbs..

Thats great Fazm, hopefully you will get one soon.. That would be pretty sweet..

Until I see a dyno which says 350RWHP @ 8psi, I wont believe it.. You can continue to moan and groan about it my friend.. You want to speculate about the numbers.. I want to actually see them..

I think it would be in the best interest of Powerhouse to dyno the car on a DynoJet like everyone else, so we can see some real numbers, and not numbers left to speculation..

@Mike Bowen

This converstion is about boost, not about the Powerhouse Pipeline Turbo.. Fazm may try and swing the debate into a breast for tat about the quality of the Pipeline Turbo but I am not.. I know the quality of the unit is superior.. However, my debate is focused primarily on the amount of boost needed for the 2005+ SOHC 4.0 to get to 350RWHP.. Its not about your turbo.. Fazm feels he must defend your honor, when he doesnt.. This is about psi not the Pipeline Turbo..
Old 4/26/06, 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

I speculate numbers? LOL
Old 4/26/06, 09:53 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ April 26, 2006, 8:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I speculate numbers? LOL
[/b][/quote]

Yes! LOL
Old 4/26/06, 09:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 26, 2006, 7:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
oh im just pullin your chain. i couldnt resist. its all in fun im glad you guys are talkin about somthin ! hey at least im still posting here ive boycotted MF due to the #s bugging. but i would like to point out something interesting. i happend to pick up my other son today at school so when i got home i was driving thru the alley behind the house and looked at my son and said well why not. so i light it up . but this time the car gets a little loose! huh oh well. off i go. then later today my bud comes buy with the wifes car (he just fixed it) any way yesterday when i stopped by i didnt have time for him to drive it but i did today! so off we go. anyway he realy liked it good poer and real smooth . so were on the way back and i say lets go to the alley. we stop and he does a little burn out "thats it i say" and he says yea . than he askes if all the burnouts back here are mine ? Yup! then we notice the one i did today was both wheels. i say what up with that. i thought i was peg leg. he said yea but obviosly the wheels were making so much torque the it made the otherone spin. is that true? if it is thats interesting you see because thats after the final tune was done. all the other burnouts were on saturday.
[/b][/quote]

I know you can't say more. And i was one of the ones bugging you for numbers over there, heh. It's just driving me nut, this waiting. Hope you stick around here.
Old 4/26/06, 10:08 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ April 26, 2006, 9:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know you can't say more. And i was one of the ones bugging you for numbers over there, heh. It's just driving me nut, this waiting. Hope you stick around here.
[/b][/quote]

He is running at 6psi? So a good number for you would be 255RWHP.. An excellent number would be 265RWHP.. As far as torque goes, a good number would be 275RWTQ.. An Excellent number would be 300RWTQ.. This is at 6psi.. You can grasp from that, what the gains would be at 9psi and 12psi with water injection..

Feel confident though that the numbers are slightly below what you are used to seeing.. This is not the fault of the unit itself, but the 6psi which has been given to the unit.. Basically a 90HP increase.. Or a 42% increase over stock..

Where as the other units you are used to seeing have been showing a 60 to 65% increase over stock..

I am saying this, so when the results are viewed they are put into perspective based on the amount of boost.. You can easily increase the amount of boost once you get the kit..

Personally, I really like the XCharger...

Quick Reply: X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..