V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/06, 01:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought we were supposed to have numbers by now.
Old 4/25/06, 05:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 24, 2006, 10:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I see!! It would be spectacular if it could make it to 300RWHP @ 6psi!
[/b][/quote]

I've got to get last months MM out... what was the Cherry 6T6 putting down with 7psi? For some reason I thought it was 350.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ April 24, 2006, 9:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
remember msp, this is a MP90, not an m90, which is drastically better as far as heatsoak goes.
[/b][/quote]

Fazm I am thinking 265-275 @ 6psi also remember these roots type create more heat per lb of boost than anything else on the market heat soak is still going to be up there, and he is only running 30lb injectors per H.O kit. I posted about it being modified and the changes by M.P about 5 months ago here but even with the changes I just can't see this thing H.O producing 300HP or more hope I am wrong if so than the pricing is right on for this X charger and would be the charger of choice for me.

I would like to see a twin screw s/c by KB, Wipple or Saleen which is much more effecient than a roots type and would produce more HP per 6psi than the roots type. You are possible looking a least 40 HP or more at the same psi vers a roots type There was a post that one of these companys were going to produce a twin screw for the 4.0 at MF a while ago but I don't know how true that post was per poster.

"People running the '03/'04 Cobras can switch to a Kenne Bell or Whipple twin-screw and pick up 80-100 more horsepower and torque AT THE WHEELS at the same boost levels that they used to run with the roots blower. And the power comes on almost just as quick, much faster than a centrifugal blower or even a turbo."
Old 4/25/06, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent heard anything on development of a twin screw SC for our cars. Has anyone? I'm really curious what a twin screw could make on our cars, and how it would compare to the onslaught of Procharger, Zex, Vortech and Turbos. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking on onslaught, has anyone gotten a SC to the track yet? I'm dying to see what they can put down. I know ScreamingYellow in NYC was looking into it, and I think Flapjacks work schedule has been conflicting with the track schedule. Doh!!!!!! Because of the wide power band on the SC, I really am curious what times it can lay down.
Old 4/25/06, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 25, 2006, 7:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I havent heard anything on development of a twin screw SC for our cars. Has anyone? I'm really curious what a twin screw could make on our cars, and how it would compare to the onslaught of Procharger, Zex, Vortech and Turbos. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I can't remember exactly but someone was talking about a twin screw per rumor for the 4.0 or words to that effect it was months ago.

Also how they compare I could post some good info but this is not the thread (Dougs) to do it in.
Old 4/25/06, 08:13 AM
GT Member

sorry for the tease, base numbers are in and pretty good but untill dave gives me the go i have to respect him and wait ! sorry the good thing is we did alot of pulls and the car didnt break anything and it runs great. i may be going to irwindale thursday do do some runs if you want to tag along! i didnt get home till 10:30 last night and i was gone all day ill give you a quick recap. sat infront of the muffler shop at 7:30 got the bent pipes fixed. then went to my bud at the dealership and after all the mechanics stopped drooling over the car i was finally able to get the 15000 mile maintenance done. oil and filter + air filter. the after wiping all the drool off had a dr appt. then off to the dyno. was with chris all night went to dinner talked about the car and stuff. i will say this if anyone is on the fence wether to get the SCT or the prediter i would get the SCT. When chris saw my tuner he comented " wow this is and old one" i proudly said yes it is one of the first and he said oh. then when he pluged it in he said " crap this is a beta unit" he then did some stuff and went over and grabed a new one and hooked it up to his laptop and did something and the said "ok here i just moved your stock tune to this new one its yours when we are done."
so basicly he updated me to newest unit. that was cool. this company it tops with me, so thats it for now as soon as i get the ok ill post stuff. i think he wants to wait till we also have the high performance #s to give the total package but i am tring to explaine to him that you guys are like a bunch of crack heads waiting for a fix LOL i know i would be!
Old 4/25/06, 08:17 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 25, 2006, 5:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Speaking on onslaught, has anyone gotten a SC to the track yet? I'm dying to see what they can put down. I know ScreamingYellow in NYC was looking into it, and I think Flapjacks work schedule has been conflicting with the track schedule. Doh!!!!!! Because of the wide power band on the SC, I really am curious what times it can lay down.
[/b][/quote]

PHP ran an 11.6 ET Rygen! Just the same as Powerhouse ran an 11.8ET.. So the Centrifi's have what it takes to run 11's when the car is setup properly to do it..

I think the XCharger is a great power-adder.. There are a number of ways in which to work with it so that it can properly compete with a Turbo or Centrifi S/C..

But thats not important right now.. We need the kits available to the public, we can work out the details later once someone gets one home in their garage..
Old 4/25/06, 08:20 AM

LOL. Bunch of crack heads when it comes to mods huh!!!! No doubt, I can't argue there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ April 25, 2006, 10:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
PHP ran an 11.6 ET Rygen! Just the same as Powerhouse ran an 11.8ET.. So the Centrifi's have what it takes to run 11's when the car is setup properly to do it..

I think the XCharger is a great power-adder.. There are a number of ways in which to work with it so that it can properly compete with a Turbo or Centrifi S/C..

But thats not important right now.. We need the kits available to the public, we can work out the details later once someone gets one home in their garage..
[/b][/quote]

You're right, but PHP is running on slicks, at least I'm pretty sure he is. I want 12's on a daily driver on DR's. That is my goal. But there are several ways to get to that goal. Can't wait to see what AFixer reports on this thing. Not to mention, the Xcharger just looks and sounds cool. I mean, you pop the hood and wow!
Old 4/25/06, 08:21 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 25, 2006, 7:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
sorry for the tease, base numbers are in and pretty good but untill dave gives me the go i have to respect him and wait ! sorry the good thing is we did alot of pulls and the car didnt break anything and it runs great. i may be going to irwindale thursday do do some runs if you want to tag along! i didnt get home till 10:30 last night and i was gone all day ill give you a quick recap. sat infront of the muffler shop at 7:30 got the bent pipes fixed. then went to my bud at the dealership and after all the mechanics stopped drooling over the car i was finally able to get the 15000 mile maintenance done. oil and filter + air filter. the after wiping all the drool off had a dr appt. then off to the dyno. was with chris all night went to dinner talked about the car and stuff. i will say this if anyone is on the fence wether to get the SCT or the prediter i would get the SCT. When chris saw my tuner he comented " wow this is and old one" i proudly said yes it is one of the first and he said oh. then when he pluged it in he said " crap this is a beta unit" he then did some stuff and went over and grabed a new one and hooked it up to his laptop and did something and the said "ok here i just moved your stock tune to this new one its yours when we are done."
so basicly he updated me to newest unit. that was cool. this company it tops with me, so thats it for now as soon as i get the ok ill post stuff. i think he wants to wait till we also have the high performance #s to give the total package but i am tring to explaine to him that you guys are like a bunch of crack heads waiting for a fix LOL i know i would be!
[/b][/quote]

With all due respect, thats ridiculous they wont allow you to release the numbers.. Everyone knows they are not final numbers.. That just looks like the numbers are being hidden.. Why hide the numbers Afixer? I know its not your fault, and your just doing your part.. However, it just seems odd that you know what the numbers are, and wont share them.. We know the kit is new and still has more development to be done..

I dont understand the need to conceal the numbers.. Everyone wants this kit to be a success.. So what if the numbers are 265RWHP, thats darn good to start off.. That can easily be tweaked for more..

I dont understand..
Old 4/25/06, 08:37 AM
MSP
Banned

Ok lets look at it like this.. Boost is boost no matter what..

So we all know 1psi of boost equals 15hp...

Which means at 6psi thats 90HP on a good day..

So 210HP + 90HP or 6psi of boost = 300HP @ the flywheel

From that you take away 15% for a 5spd and you get 255RWHP..

This is pretty much where 6psi of boost is going to take you no matter what the situation is.. Now depending on how cool of a charge this is it could very.. Based on the fact that 30lb injectors are used, logic would have it that the intended Flywheel HP is no more than 300HP..

These are the facts...

Now if you run it with the 9psi pulley you will get this..

9psi or 135HP + 210HP= 345HP

345HP - 15% drivetrain loss = 293RWHP

In this situation you would need to use 36Lbs injectors..

This is why Rygen states he would like to go with the kit but use a 9psi pulley.. There are a number of ways to increase the boost but you must somehow cool the boost off to avoid detonation above 10psi..

I am on your side Afixer, so dont mis-understand me..
Old 4/25/06, 08:57 AM

LOL. I'm entertaining the 9psi xcharger, but to be honest, I am still researching various setups. My funds are allocated, and within the next 60-90 days, I expect to have Stella on some sort of boost. Just need to find the best setup for the track.

Hmmmm.

@Afixer,

No pressure, I'm sure they want Doug to get his hands on it before posting final numbers. It's a competitive situation now! LOL. I am just dying to see what this thing puts down...

...but more importantly, because it generates boost so quickly, how it will perform on the track. Are you going to get a tlok before you take the xcharger to the track, or just run right over there like a kid with a new toy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Man, you must be pumped up to no end. Thanks for the great coverage on this project.

It seems the market is indeed starting to heat up for our little 4.0's!
Old 4/25/06, 10:18 AM
GT Member

ye im pretty pumped and no tlok because im going thursday and wont have the time. Msp i have known you for a long time and am sorry that you seen kinda pissed about the lack of numbers but you have to remember i didnt even get in till 10 last night and when i talked to dave it was kinda like " cool and we will do the hypo kit on sat and then release the numbers" this is his livleyhood and i have to respect that! i sent him an email with a post i fealt would work and im sure he will call me and we will see. ya got to remember this is basicly a plane bolt on my car at this time is pretty much stock except for the duals and its set up for the carb inspection for california. the thing feals awsume and is pretty much just right for me any much power and the car in my opinion wouldnt be fun for the street. i mean heck i feel like jack nicholas as the joker in batman! soon my friends soon!
Old 4/25/06, 12:11 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ April 25, 2006, 9:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ye im pretty pumped and no tlok because im going thursday and wont have the time. Msp i have known you for a long time and am sorry that you seen kinda pissed about the lack of numbers but you have to remember i didnt even get in till 10 last night and when i talked to dave it was kinda like " cool and we will do the hypo kit on sat and then release the numbers" this is his livleyhood and i have to respect that! i sent him an email with a post i fealt would work and im sure he will call me and we will see. ya got to remember this is basicly a plane bolt on my car at this time is pretty much stock except for the duals and its set up for the carb inspection for california. the thing feals awsume and is pretty much just right for me any much power and the car in my opinion wouldnt be fun for the street. i mean heck i feel like jack nicholas as the joker in batman! soon my friends soon!
[/b][/quote]

I'm not pissed man.. LOL! We just wanna see the numbers is all.. I know you gotta toe the line..

Now keep in mind, my purpose is not to try and compare the XCharger to anything else.. My original plan was always to use an Eaton Blower.. So I am happy to see you doing it.. Anyways, I have somewhat come to the conclusion that it is possible for the Xcharger to get to about 280RWHP @ 6psi because it does make full boost so early in the powerband..

I mean, really guys the Powerhouse Turbo makes its peak boost by 2800RPM, if I remember correctly.. This one makes full boost by 2000RPM.. So if you did run a 9psi pulley on it you would be able to make digs at 293RWHP with launches at only 2000RPM!

Now in the right hands, that could be a deadly combination.. I know there are some drivers around this forum that could easily turn that into 12's no problem..

So even though the final HP number may not be as high as others, it does have a tremendous advantages..

But as far as the numbers go Afixer, dont worry about me I pretty much know what the numbers will turn out to be.. I think the success of the Xcharger at 6psi is 255RWHP.. If it can hit this number, it is performing quite well as a system.. It is basically delivering on its promises.. If it can get to 265RWHP, its doing fabulous in terms of its ability to remove heat.. Anything above 265RWHP for an automatic is going to be a tremendous accomplishment as far as I am concerned..

Personally for me, I would choose no less than the 9psi pulley setup.. But thats just me.. I know the motor could take it.. In fact with an aftermarket 03 Cobra Heat exchanger you could easily run it at 10-12psi..

I need to buy another 05V6... LOL!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

This will allow you to run it at 10-12psi

http://www.racerwalsh.com/product/1RWA0304HE
Old 4/25/06, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

I hate this place! I keep trying to tell myself "too much on my crdit card, too much on my credit card", but it's not working!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Can't wait for #'s as well, but its understandable.

By the way, who is making the X charger? I'm sure it has been posted, but i can't seem to find it?
Old 4/25/06, 01:47 PM
Cobra R Member

explorer express
Old 4/25/06, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

ok... from the May issue of Modified Mustang... The MRT Cherry 6T6 with 7 PSI and custom intercooler puts down 350RWHP/385RWTQ...
Old 4/25/06, 11:01 PM
Cobra R Member

holy.....
Old 4/25/06, 11:03 PM
V6 Member

On that garrett twin turbo setup. Sounds nice, but really, honestly, I'm a little skeptical. There has to have been other work done there.
Old 4/25/06, 11:15 PM
MSP
Banned

There is definatley some confusion here somewhere..

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=107809

SEMA: MRT Unveils Tricked-Out Ford Mustang

Date posted: 10-31-2005

LAS VEGAS — MRT's customized 2006 Ford Mustang convertible gets a Black Cherry paint job, an aftermarket hood with dual scoops, a matching leather cabin and a backup camera mounted on the rear license plate bracket for the 2005 SEMA show which starts November 1.

The custom Mustang is powered by a twin-turbo version of Ford's stock 4.0-liter V6, delivering 300 horsepower at the rear wheels. Michigan-based MRT outfitted the car's exterior with a custom grille treatment, tail panel black-out treatment and custom taillight accents. The interior includes stock seats reskinned with a Sparco leather kit and a carbon-fiber dash with a custom black MRT shift ball.

The audio/video system on the Cherry 6T6 consists of six monitors, two in the sun visors, two in the headrests, one in the head unit in the dash and one in the trunk lid. Other chassis modifications include 20-inch Foose wheels wrapped in Pirelli PZero rim protectors.

Dont you just hate not having a dyno sheet? LOL!! They are trying to keep us all confused!

I think someone quoted the Flywheel HP Scrming..

350HP= 300RWHP

385TQ = 327RWTQ

Thats still pretty good though.. The custom intercooler it looks like gained them an additional 35HP! Thats pretty good..

7psi x 15HP(per psi of boost)= 105HP + 210HP = 315HP + 35HP(Intercooler) = 350HP - 15% = 300RWHP
Old 4/25/06, 11:49 PM
MSP
Banned

Also, when you really look at the details Scrming, a V6 cant get to 417HP(Flywheel) with only 7psi.. A V8 can, but not a V6...

417HP V6 = 70HP Per Cylinder

417HP V8 = 52HP Per Cylinder

The Twin Turbo is producing 105HP @ 7psi, thats 52.5HP per Turbo, per bank..

We need to break up 52.5HP per cylinder for a V6, then for a V8..

210HP V6@7psi=35HP per cylinder+17.5HP(Boost) per cylinder+5.833HP(Intercooler-cool air) per cylinder = 58.333HP per cylinder=349.998HP

300HP V8@7psi=37.5HP per cylinder+17.5HP(boost)per cylinder+5.833HP(Intercooler-cool air) per cylinder=60.833HP per cylinder=486.664HP

So there is no magical solution for V6's getting huge HP numbers with little or no boost..

Quick Reply: X-charger is VERY VERY close....with video..