V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/11, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys just got a 2009 v6 mustang and was thinking about doing some work to it, mainly a new exhaust, cai and maybe a tune for starters, want to get more horsepower out of the 4.0, any ideas that wouldn't void my warranty?

Last edited by Sluggo; 8/3/11 at 06:45 AM.
Old 8/10/11, 02:08 PM

In my opinion, maybe its just my ford dealership here, but anything you do that has not been done at or by a certified ford mechanic OR is not offical Ford Partrs will have a big chance of voidding the warranty. Now what you can do if you are doing all the work yourself is keep you ford OEM (stock) parts and incase anything happens you can place them back on, on the tuner you can also reload the stock tune, and take it back to the dealership and play the dumb card, and like i said maybe its my dealership but they should'nt have any equipment that can check to see if you changed anything out i dont even think one exists that can do that once everything has been changed back. Your exhaust should not at all void the warrenty. the way the warrenty usually is "supposed" to work is that if your car breaks down and you take it in, Ford has to be able to find what caused it to break, now if that break is "caused" because of an aftermarket part then your warrenty has now been voided.
Old 8/10/11, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It depends on your dealer too, I have CAI, exhuast, and tune and my dealer did not void my warranty.
Old 8/11/11, 07:23 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sluggo
Hey guys just got a 2009 v6 mustang and was thinking about doing some work to it, mainly a new exhaust, cai and maybe a tune for starters, want to get more horsepower out of the 4.0, any ideas that wouldn't void my warranty?
Hey Sluggo,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. Any aftermarket part/tune will not automatically void your New Vehicle Limited or Extended warranty. However, if an aftermarket part causes a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. Or, if you are having a concern and you have an aftermarket part on your vehicle, that may not let them diagnose it correctly, you will have to remove it before they can proceed. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. I still recommend you speak to your Ford dealer and have them install any parts you would like to add.

Deysha
Old 8/21/11, 07:10 PM

Hey everyone thank you for responding to this thread and answering my question, especially you Deysha, I am very appreciative that an actual ford rep would respond to this thread, once I get a couple paychecks I am definitely going to be doing some work to the stang, once again thank you everyone and happy driving,

Sluggo
Old 8/24/11, 09:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sluggo
Hey everyone thank you for responding to this thread and answering my question, especially you Deysha, I am very appreciative that an actual ford rep would respond to this thread

Sluggo
You are very welcome, Sluggo!!

Deysha