V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6 help asap

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/11, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V6 help asap

My friend is getting a 2006 v6 deluxe stang and wants to put dual exhaust ...... Question is how much for exhaust? What shall we do 4 back bumper?
Old 9/11/11, 11:47 AM

Check out American Muscle they have some conversion kits available from Ford and others..As far as rear valance these kits come with template to cut out the second tail pipe or you can get some rear valance takeoffs in your color for reasonable prices on the net.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/v6-dua...convokits.html
Mark
Old 9/11/11, 12:14 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by odieser
Check out American Muscle they have some conversion kits available from Ford and others..As far as rear valance these kits come with template to cut out the second tail pipe or you can get some rear valance takeoffs in your color for reasonable prices on the net.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/v6-dua...convokits.html
Mark
^this or. Go to a local custom exhaust shop. They usually can cut the bumper and run the pipe. It was actually cheaper for me to get my exhaust done there.
Old 9/12/11, 07:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
You can get the conversion kit from someone like Pypes or Ford Racing (the X-pipe, GTB mufflers and exhaust cutouts) and you can do it in your driveway. With the S197s you dont need to weld anything in place its all clamps so you can easily do it in your driveway. Im not sure if the pypes kit comes with all the hangers you would need to do the swap but I know the Ford Racing one does.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-v...aust-0509.html
Old 9/15/11, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by quikazzstang
My friend is getting a 2006 v6 deluxe stang and wants to put dual exhaust ...... Question is how much for exhaust? What shall we do 4 back bumper?
I also modded my mustang to have dual exhaust (flowmasters). Because of my lack of tools and workspace, I just took it to a local shop. They just cut an upside down U for the driver side exhaust pipe, looks sharp, assuming you go to a proffesional you cant tell that your bumper was actually cut into unless you get right up on it and you shouldnt have to worry about your paint chipping. Cost me around 400ish, cost can vary depending on what brand exhaust you choose and what material tips (chrome, stainless steal, etc) Hope this helped!
Old 9/25/11, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i bought a jba stainless h pipe kit ( cant get it anymore) a couple gt takeoffs and a couple clamps from the dealer, and some stainless shorty headers off ebay. ive got about $750 in parts and installed it myself. i made a patter from the rt cutout and used it on the left. i roughed it with a rasp bit in the die grinder then smoothed out the cutout with a sanding drum. it came out really nice. i did this 3 years ago or so and its been great.

you can get a x pipe kit with mufflers off newtakeoff pretty cheap, alot of guys have used that and are pretty happy. or american muscle has some too.
Attached Thumbnails V6 help asap-bumper-cut-out-tools.jpg