V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Tested the gears

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/06, 07:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ricklmesa@***.net @ February 13, 2006, 8:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No, the dyno tune itself is $500.00 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] . Does AZ Dynochip work on mustangs only? Do they do other work besides dynoing. See thats my problem, I dont want to get the gears & tlock installed at one place then I'll haft to drive with my speedometer all messed up for meybe a week till I get it tuned and dyno'd ( if I did that I could go with SCT 2 route and meybe save a little on the dyno at AZ dyno tune) How bad is the speedometer after gears are installed? Is it tolerable?. Thats why im in the position to get the diablo cause the shop has it there already plus Im stuck on getting the gears installed there anway but if its not that bad and it won't hurt the car driving around like that will it? It could save me a little money. Are you sure AZ dynochip have custom Dyno tunes for $280? Does AZ dyno tunes specialize in SCT 2? Do they sell them?
[/b][/quote]

www.azdynochip.com give them a call, i talk to the guy almost every week at the track, they are pretty good. They work on more then mustangs, they work on them all, and yes they are an authorized sct dealer.
Old 2/13/06, 07:47 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 13, 2006, 7:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
www.azdynochip.com give them a call, i talk to the guy almost every week at the track, they are pretty good. They work on more then mustangs, they work on them all, and yes they are an authorized sct dealer.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks a lot. Im actually gunna think this through a bit more. If all is good at AZ Dyno Tune, I'll just get it dyno tuned there with the SCT2 to my current mods that I have now. Would it be better to get it dyno tuned first through them with the SCT2 and then have AMP do the gears & Tlok? AMP should be able to recalibrate the speedometer with the SCT2 at least right? Yea that sound like the ticket. Im gunna talk to AMP tommorrow and see if they even sell the SCT2 they might but I dought it, all they were pusing was diablo to me. Ima ask them if they even need a tuner to recalibrate my speedometer?

That sounds a lot better and a lil cheaper lol and I dont haft to worry about the Diablo.
Old 2/13/06, 07:49 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ricklmesa@***.net @ February 13, 2006, 8:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks a lot. Im actually gunna think this through a bit more. If all is good at AZ Dyno Tune, I'll just get it dyno tuned there with the SCT2 to my current mods that I have now. Would it be better to get it dyno tuned first through them with the SCT2 and then have AMP do the gears & Tlok? AMP should be able to recalibrate the speedometer with the SCT2 at least right? Yea that sound like the ticket. Im gunna talk to AMP tommorrow and see if they even sell the SCT2 they might but I dought it, all they were pusing was diablo to me. Ima ask them if they even need a tuner to recalibrate my speedometer?

That sounds a lot better and a lil cheaper lol and I dont haft to worry about the Diablo.
[/b][/quote]

Have them install everything first, then go to az dyno chip. Unless you really want ur speedo to be right soon. Then get the dyno tune first, then install everything, and u can switch the gear ratio yourself, its very easy.
Old 2/13/06, 08:25 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 13, 2006, 7:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Have them install everything first, then go to az dyno chip. Unless you really want ur speedo to be right soon. Then get the dyno tune first, then install everything, and u can switch the gear ratio yourself, its very easy.
[/b][/quote]

I was think in that order too. I'd rather get the gears over with first anyway. I'll just have my buddy do 45 mph & 65mph in his titan and I'll coast as close to him as I can and write down the MPH my car reads lol.