V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Stroking the 4.0, yes you can!

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/05, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 6, 2005, 10:05 AM
Doing the math, and assuming you already have a true dual exhaust setup, TLOK, bearings, gears, etc, we are talking $3939.00 and that is if you go with headers. I am probably going to put headers in the car after the holidays at the same time as the nitrous kit.

Hmmm, wonder if I can convince the wife that I need all of the tax refund money next year. LOL. She just disovered my TLOK, gears, bearings yesterday, so my mod spending is suspended until she is done with the xmas list. Heh heh.

So assuming it's almost $4,000 after alerady having spent the roughly $1,500 on exhaust, Tlok, gears, etc... It's still not breaking 300 hp... You need another $4,000 for a supercharger!? At that point you are already at almost $10,000! Honestly, I love my 6, and am looking to add my S/C to my 4.0 (with my current TrueTrac and 3.73, Magnaflow and sct setup), but can;t see spending another $4,000.

I think at that point before spending $10,000 I would have to just say , and I hate to say it, but just have spent the extra $10K on a GT V8 with light bolt ons and probably still have my warranty.... Just me , I love my 6, but $ for $, I might even consider swapping the whole motor out at that point for a crate - crazy as that sounds...

I'd rather make a deal with my wife - I'll spend the $4k on my S/C instead and she can get herself a nice mink coat... heck then she can't b!tch about me spending so much $$ on my car, and not her ... LOL - Everyones happy I got my S/C and she keeps quiet - Not a bad compromise. Then maybe even swap out the rear end if you really wanted to go nuts..
Old 11/6/05, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by screaminyellin6@November 6, 2005, 12:38 PM
So assuming it's almost $4,000 after alerady having spent the roughly $1,500 on exhaust, Tlok, gears, etc... It's still not breaking 300 hp... You need another $4,000 for a supercharger!? At that point you are already at almost $10,000! Honestly, I love my 6, and am looking to add my S/C to my 4.0 (with my current TrueTrac and 3.73, Magnaflow and sct setup), but can;t see spending another $4,000.

I think at that point before spending $10,000 I would have to just say , and I hate to say it, but just have spent the extra $10K on a GT V8 with light bolt ons and probably still have my warranty.... Just me , I love my 6, but $ for $, I might even consider swapping the whole motor out at that point for a crate - crazy as that sounds...

I'd rather make a deal with my wife - I'll spend the $4k on my S/C instead and she can get herself a nice mink coat... heck then she can't b!tch about me spending so much $$ on my car, and not her ... LOL - Everyones happy I got my S/C and she keeps quiet - Not a bad compromise. Then maybe even swap out the rear end if you really wanted to go nuts..

You make a good point, this is probably for those that want a 10 second V6. Also someone looking to get sponsored, etc.
Old 11/6/05, 12:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by screaminyellin6@November 6, 2005, 1:38 PM

Where do you get the $4000 figure? :scratch:
Old 11/6/05, 02:05 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by screaminyellin6@November 6, 2005, 9:38 AM

I got a response back from SuperSix on the 4.3L Stroker setup.. They do have plans on making a kit for the SOHC 4.0 at some point..

But the debate for building a 4.3L stroker, has nothing to do with beating the price of a GT.. It should be understood that the 4.3L Stroker talk is just that talk.. Expect to pay big money, if going for a Stroker Motor setup along with a S/C.. LOL!! The best way to enjoy a stroker is with Nitrous, and not a Supercharger..

Adding a Supercharger later would be awsome.. But no one is making a case for going for the Stroker and expecting to keep the price down from that of a GT.. Put it this way, after you own the car, as things come up, they are considered.. There is no rule which states the price should be kept to less than just going for a GT.. When you go V6, your V6.. Expect to want upgrades.. Should you float past the stock price of a GT, you just do..
Old 11/6/05, 02:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 6, 2005, 5:08 PM
I got a response back from SuperSix on the 4.3L Stroker setup.. They do have plans on making a kit for the SOHC 4.0 at some point..

But the debate for building a 4.3L stroker, has nothing to do with beating the price of a GT.. It should be understood that the 4.3L Stroker talk is just that talk.. Expect to pay big money, if going for a Stroker Motor setup along with a S/C.. LOL!! The best way to enjoy a stroker is with Nitrous, and not a Supercharger..

Adding a Supercharger later would be awsome.. But no one is making a case for going for the Stroker and expecting to keep the price down from that of a GT.. Put it this way, after you own the car, as things come up, they are considered.. There is no rule which states the price should be kept to less than just going for a GT.. When you go V6, your V6.. Expect to want upgrades.. Should you float past the stock price of a GT, you just do..
I agree. A 4.3 stroker, with the better cams, heads and stronger pistons would be a really nice, strong engine. With all that done, it should be able to handle the 175 shot easily. We're talking 11 second car now, no problem. And very strong around town, without the additional complexity of a SC or Turbo. Probably a 13 second car on motor alone.
Old 11/7/05, 05:44 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@November 6, 2005, 1:44 PM
I agree. A 4.3 stroker, with the better cams, heads and stronger pistons would be a really nice, strong engine. With all that done, it should be able to handle the 175 shot easily. We're talking 11 second car now, no problem. And very strong around town, without the additional complexity of a SC or Turbo. Probably a 13 second car on motor alone.

Lets say we forgoe the thoughts of the 4.3Stroker for a moment and think about the heads with Stud kit, Cams and pistons.. With this setup and the 4.0L, we're in business.. This should allow for no less than a 200Shot, possibly 225.. Also, throw in the headers, and get a darn good tune..

I think with the parts they have available it can be done with 4.0L..
Old 11/8/05, 07:18 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 7, 2005, 7:47 PM
Lets say we forgoe the thoughts of the 4.3Stroker for a moment and think about the heads with Stud kit, Cams and pistons.. With this setup and the 4.0L, we're in business.. This should allow for no less than a 200Shot, possibly 225.. Also, throw in the headers, and get a darn good tune..

I think with the parts they have available it can be done with 4.0L..

I agree. Lets just make the 4.0 as solid as possible and build from there. 4.3 would be great - but being devils advocate - then 4.6 would be even better .... I agree we have 4.0 lets make it stronger and add the 200 shot, or twin T's or boost the s/c way up. The 4.3 is great for shows and sponsors if i was a company doing this for advertising etc...
but for what I am looking for it would just be cost prohibitive - and besides - what would I do with my 4.0 badges... LOL

Lets get these 6's built for speed. BTW - I think it's sick that an Altima can whip out 0-60 in 5.9 sec or better. Lets get some armor and juice our ponies up to sub 5 and into the 12's, and lets have them hold up to that kind of stress!