PHP v6 runs 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/05, 02:21 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jimp@September 19, 2005, 12:16 PM
Here's a copy-and-paste from that other place, lol:

My nitrous isn't working right so I didn't run with that. All runs were with an 87 octane tune. I didn't think to try the 93 octane tune once I realized I wouldn't be able to run NOS. My first run I got the best time but the worst reaction time. I wasn't prepared for how fast the lights came down. By the third run my reaction time was pretty good, I'm sure with a few more runs I'd have gotten even better. This was my first time at the track. I pretty much just floored it from idle on the first run. I tried to power brake on the next two but didn't do any better. I'm thinking that with practice and a 93 octane tune I could have gotten into the 14s.

About the nitrous: It has never worked with the throttle the way it's supposed to. I'm not sure why. The first time I tried it, it would arm but not spray. The second time I tried it, it would always spray when armed. I've redone the wiring twice now and tried to reprogram it countless times. It just doesn't seem to recognize the TPS. I'll call ZEX on Monday to try and figure out what the problem is.

Ok, I figured it out Sun morning. I'm going to try and make it back to the track Wed, with the NOS! My best run @87 octane tune was 15.4.

That is really wiered Jimp... You did use the system a few times.. Are you getting the same warning lights Scrming got? I remember he also mentioned some type of TPS problem.. Have you called Zex to figure out a possible solution?

I understand you fixed it.. I bet this is going to be an on-going bug when most guys buy the kit.. So keep whatever remedies handy for future reference..
Old 9/20/05, 03:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@September 20, 2005, 3:24 AM
That is really wiered Jimp... You did use the system a few times.. Are you getting the same warning lights Scrming got? I remember he also mentioned some type of TPS problem.. Have you called Zex to figure out a possible solution?

I understand you fixed it.. I bet this is going to be an on-going bug when most guys buy the kit.. So keep whatever remedies handy for future reference..

Turned out Jimp tapped into the wrong wire... oops... Once he tapped into the right wire it was fine. The TPS wire is the yellow wire, (it's the top one) in the bundle of 4 wires coming off the TPS. The TPS is located on the driver side of the throttle body... Jimp made a simple mistake and tapped into the wire off the fuel pressure sensor (where you install the fuel rail adaptor).... He's all set now...

My wrench light /CEL was being cause by the fact that my nitrous supply line from the bottle wasn't grounded... I wrapped some wire around it and ground it and now all is fine! Wierd.... There is no mention what so ever of this problem... and number phone calls to Zex... it wasn't until I took the bottle out and got the wrench light that I realize what was causing it... Some times I had the supply line up against the bottle bracket... grounded, no light... sometimes it wasn't touching... like when i took the bottle out, and got the CEL....
Old 9/20/05, 03:25 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@September 20, 2005, 1:20 AM
Turned out Jimp tapped into the wrong wire... oops... Once he tapped into the right wire it was fine. The TPS wire is the yellow wire, (it's the top one) in the bundle of 4 wires coming off the TPS. The TPS is located on the driver side of the throttle body... Jimp made a simple mistake and tapped into the wire off the fuel pressure sensor (where you install the fuel rail adaptor).... He's all set now...

My wrench light /CEL was being cause by the fact that my nitrous supply line from the bottle wasn't grounded... I wrapped some wire around it and ground it and now all is fine! Wierd.... There is no mention what so ever of this problem... and number phone calls to Zex... it wasn't until I took the bottle out and got the wrench light that I realize what was causing it... Some times I had the supply line up against the bottle bracket... grounded, no light... sometimes it wasn't touching... like when i took the bottle out, and got the CEL....

Sounds good Scrming... Thanks for the update...

Also, let the guys know I did hear for the people making the SC350 Mustang.. Turns out the asking price is what we all presumed initially, which is $36K for a Coupe, and $40K for a convertible.. So definatley it must be considered a like for like with the GT, or Roush for that matter.. LOL!! Still a good buy if you ask me..

http://www.omearaford.com/bling/exclusive.html