V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Opinions on a V6 5-speed manual

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/07, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never regret buying my Pony Package V6, I ordered it fully loaded and saved four grand compared to the equally optioned out GT. I would have regretted buying a strip down GT for the money I payed getting the Pony V6.

If i need to get a horsepower/torque fix I just have to hop in our F-450 Superduty to haul our 15,000lb horse trailer doing 70mph. Can't even feel the load back there.

Anyway, I'm all about being comfortable on my commute to work.
Old 9/21/07, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
I never regret buying my Pony Package V6, I ordered it fully loaded and saved four grand compared to the equally optioned out GT. I would have regretted buying a strip down GT for the money I payed getting the Pony V6.

If i need to get a horsepower/torque fix I just have to hop in our F-450 Superduty to haul our 15,000lb horse trailer doing 70mph. Can't even feel the load back there.

Anyway, I'm all about being comfortable on my commute to work.

Ditto, I'm all about the comfort of a daily driver,especially with winter coming. I'm quite surprised with the 4.0 and I'm a former 03 GT owner.
Old 10/1/07, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I definitely have no regrets about getting my v6. Sure if I could swing it, I would have got a GT (and I could have got a stripped down standard trim GT for the price I paid for my v6 however after owning only base model cars, I wanted a car with a ton of options and goodies) but I didn't waste my time test driving something I could never own (like the guys who go around Chevrolet dealerships test driving Corvettes), so I'm not really worried about it. What I am worried about is my trend is buying a brand new car that is faster/has more power than the previous (89hp Accent, 140hp Cavalier, 210hp Mustang) car I owned. When I go in for my next new car, I hope it's a Mustang GT and if it is, then I'll be happy to finally own a piece of the legend, if not, then a v6 pumping out (potentially) 265hp isn't nothing to sneeze at either.

Trust me, there hasn't been one day I step foot in my v6 that I have right now and wished I got a GT. I just enjoy the ride and thrill too freakin' much to even consider a thought.
Old 10/1/07, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06 Slvr Bullitt
I definitely have no regrets about getting my v6. Sure if I could swing it, I would have got a GT (and I could have got a stripped down standard trim GT for the price I paid for my v6 however after owning only base model cars, I wanted a car with a ton of options and goodies) but I didn't waste my time test driving something I could never own (like the guys who go around Chevrolet dealerships test driving Corvettes), so I'm not really worried about it. What I am worried about is my trend is buying a brand new car that is faster/has more power than the previous (89hp Accent, 140hp Cavalier, 210hp Mustang) car I owned. When I go in for my next new car, I hope it's a Mustang GT and if it is, then I'll be happy to finally own a piece of the legend, if not, then a v6 pumping out (potentially) 265hp isn't nothing to sneeze at either.

Trust me, there hasn't been one day I step foot in my v6 that I have right now and wished I got a GT. I just enjoy the ride and thrill too freakin' much to even consider a thought.
I have to agree...I look forward to driving mine everyday. I had an 03 auto GT vert and I didn't enjoy driving it nearly as much as I do this Pony. It seems when I had the GT every idiot with a big wing or punk with his daddy's hot rod wanted to race me. I would rather have a sleeper that has tons of potential. I guess as I get older I'm more for the comfort and cruising rather than speed. I bought my Pony for right around $17K brand new with my discount plan. I couldn't have touched a new GT for that price.
Old 10/1/07, 07:25 PM
V6 Member

you cant beat the sound of the GT going through the gears with SLP's, it's awesome and sends shivers down my spine! V6 i bet is an awesome car, but it's that sound & you could tell me the V6 is quicker than the V8, i would still pick the V8 for that sweet sound that seems only the GT mustang havee!
Old 10/6/07, 07:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Scootr
I have to agree...I look forward to driving mine everyday. I had an 03 auto GT vert and I didn't enjoy driving it nearly as much as I do this Pony. It seems when I had the GT every idiot with a big wing or punk with his daddy's hot rod wanted to race me. I would rather have a sleeper that has tons of potential. I guess as I get older I'm more for the comfort and cruising rather than speed. I bought my Pony for right around $17K brand new with my discount plan. I couldn't have touched a new GT for that price.
That's EXACTLY why I bought a V6. I too had a GT once and seemed like every idiot out there wanted to race. I figured, I'll get the V6, lay low and enjoy the ride. I'm in my 40's now, so I'm not out looking to beat every car sitting at the stop light.....plus I like my driving record.
Old 10/6/07, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 07V6STANG
That's EXACTLY why I bought a V6. I too had a GT once and seemed like every idiot out there wanted to race. I figured, I'll get the V6, lay low and enjoy the ride. I'm in my 40's now, so I'm not out looking to beat every car sitting at the stop light.....plus I like my driving record.
I turn 40 next year so I know exactly what you're saying...it's nice to have a good driving record and low insurance costs,lol. I have a 16 year old that's starting to drive so I need every break I can get,lol