My automatic hits 200RRWHP N/A!

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/06, 07:38 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by scrming@January 30, 2006, 6:29 PM
Ok... I talked with Scott today....

First and formost... Pricing... I know some of you may be upset with this... I don't know if I can explain it as well as Scott did but here goes...

Scott does not do group buys or special discounting. His company's (MRT) goal is to bring us high quality performance parts at an already discounted price. The prices we see are as low as MRT can really afford to make them and still stay in business... Scott is a genuine Mustang Enthusiast... I mean he eats, sleeps and breathes Mustangs! He really is trying to bring us fellow enthusiasts those performance parts we crave with out breaking the bank! Example is this exhuast... $225 for the MRT vs the $270 I paid for the Magnflow... If someone had shown me the video and dyno sheet that I posted I would have glady paid more for the MRT than I did for the Magnaflow.... I mean Scott could have easily marked his muffler up to $280, $290... maybe even $300 and then given us a 10% discount and charged us $250 to $270 and we'ld be happy... Instead he priced the muffler at $225...

So... take it for what it's worth... but for me I believe Scott and MRT is a great source for us!

Now... we also talked about using the MRT in a dual configuration on our cars. Scott is not 100% positive that there would be any gain by going to the dual over the single. He's also concerned that by splitting the exhaust and using 2 MRT mufflers that you could end up with a thinner sound... more like a tuner car... ( That's Scott being politically correct... LOL)

For me... I'm happy with the single... and by staying with the single, I save enough money for my next secret project! LOL!

Now... we also talked about using the MRT in a dual configuration on our cars. Scott is not 100% positive that there would be any gain by going to the dual over the single. He's also concerned that by splitting the exhaust and using 2 MRT mufflers that you could end up with a thinner sound... more like a tuner car... ( That's Scott being politically correct... LOL)

Are you missing a word in there? If so I would assume the word is not ..

At any rate, I will never buy into the idea of staying with a single exhaust.. No matter how hard you try and beat me with the single exhaust theory, it aint ever gonna happen... I am really happy your able to have an awsome sound with a single exhaust.. But I hate single exhaust.. Hate'em, and wont even consider it..

Also, all this looking like a V6 crap is garbage.. Just my opinion!
Old 1/30/06, 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 30, 2006, 9:41 PM

Are you missing a word in there? If so I would assume the word is not ..

At any rate, I will never buy into the idea of staying with a single exhaust.. No matter how hard you try and beat me with the single exhaust theory, it aint ever gonna happen... I am really happy your able to have an awsome sound with a single exhaust.. But I hate single exhaust.. Hate'em, and wont even consider it..

Also, all this looking like a V6 crap is garbage.. Just my opinion!

Ok... it's late.. I'm not sure where the "not" is missing from? Little help? LOL!

The ultimate sleeper must be silent and stealthy... with no hint of forced induction... It sould have clear visual clues that it is a just a little wimpy V6...
Old 1/30/06, 07:52 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@January 30, 2006, 6:48 PM
Ok... it's late.. I'm not sure where the "not" is missing from? Little help? LOL!

The ultimate sleeper must be silent and stealthy... with no hint of forced induction... It sould have clear visual clues that it is a just a little wimpy V6...

I see.. Your going after the sleeper look.. Well, from the way that thing sounds, your definatley doing a very convincing job.. LOL!!

I bet a Corvette wouldnt even rev on you with that muffler.. The muffler does sound good.. Also, I disagree about the sound being less with a Dual setup... I cant believe you fell for that..

We'll find out soon.. I am sure someone is going to use those mufflers in a dual setup soon..

Also, the MRT Cherry car is a single exhaust with a Turbo?
Old 1/30/06, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@January 30, 2006, 9:55 PM
I see.. Your going after the sleeper look.. Well, from the way that thing sounds, your definatley doing a very convincing job.. LOL!!
I bet a Corvette wouldnt even rev on you with that muffler.. The muffler does sound good.. Also, I disagree about the sound being less with a Dual setup... I cant believe you fell for that..

We'll find out soon.. I am sure someone is going to use those mufflers in a dual setup soon..

Well, things seem to be busy today. I like John's single exhaust, I think it sounds awesome. I also like duals, and I think you can be a V6 with single or duals. I mean, with a awesome single exhaust, it still sounds like a 6 though, just like a 6 with duals will sound like...a 6! I really have an issue when a GT owner gives me a hard time for going duals, its a mustang, it needs duals. Are you saying a 350z should have a single, cause it's a 6, no...it has duals. Who decided it should have duals....marketing departments!!!! I see the whole 6 with duals arguments from GT owners all over the place, "trying to be a gt" etc. And in the end, we argue not because we don't love the stang, we argue because some Marketing yuka puck decided that the 6 should have a single so they can mark up GT's even more. Sorry, didn't mean to rant, I can go on and on on this one. I think I spend too much time over at mustangforums.com. LOL.

But I have to give an opinion, no offense John, but your car is no sleeper, she sounds way to mean to be a sleeper, and most racers know not to be fooled by a single exhaust tip. Otherwise, we would be losing to rice all the time. Besides, I'm sure everyone Mich knows about the yellow 6 that kicks some serious butt.

Now, on the dual setup. We will have to wait and see. In my car, good luck on having a conversation with my duals. The sound isn't evened out at all, its actually more. Just ask Excepcion13, he finally got to witness them, and magnaflows are supposed to be the less intense mufflers on the market compared to flowmasters, mac and jba.

This friday I will put this to rest, as I will do a before an after dyno of a X pipe. Right now, I got about 2ft of a single pipe on my duals due to the Y pipe configuration of my magnaflow kit, so I'm sure while they sound good, I am not getting any gains over a single currently. I'm not saying I will show a gain, I am just saying I will have numbers to lay this to rest. However, it dosent take much air to make my driver side muffler loud as sh#%.

Just my opinion, for what its worth.
Old 1/30/06, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Example is this exhuast... $225 for the MRT vs the $270 I paid for the Magnflow... If someone had shown me the video and dyno sheet that I posted I would have glady paid more for the MRT than I did for the Magnaflow.... I mean Scott could have easily marked his muffler up to $280, $290... maybe even $300 and then given us a 10% discount and charged us $250 to $270 and we'ld be happy... Instead he priced the muffler at $225...
Yep that price isn't bad I agree, like all of you guys I want dual exhaust!!! My plan was dual exhaust 2- 1/4 X to factory stock mufflers. But after countless times of listing to Scrming vids I am this close to pulling the trigger on the MRT Aero and give it a try. The only thing if for some reason it turns out not for me 20% restocking plus shipping I will lose.

Never did I think I would or might go single.
Old 1/30/06, 10:09 PM

Well, think about this, what about dual MRT mufflers with high flow cats? Why do LT's net the most gain, partly because there are no cats. Right?

So imagine these babies with high flow cats, now we are talking some good HP gains.

Also, I have to ask, I may probably get push back on this, but when you think of the car "Mustang" and you are looking at the back of it, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

1. Single exhaust
2. Dual exhaust

For me it's duals. And these babies sound awesome, surely high flow cats will put enough air to make both of them scream "I'm a mustang!"
Old 1/31/06, 03:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 30, 2006, 9:55 PM

Scott said with this particular muffler (MRT/Aero-Turbine) going to a duals may actually hurt the sound... You've got X amount of exhaust gases going through a Trumpet getting a certian sound... take the same volume of gases and spilt it across to Trumpets... may sound the same... may sound better... may sound worse... Scott's not sure... but he thinks it could make the exhaust sound thinner..

Yes, the Cherry car is a single exhaust... As a matter of fact the muffler that was on the Cherry car is now on MY car! LOL! The Cherrry still has an MRT/Aero-Turbine muffler... it's just got one with a new prototype tip...
Old 1/31/06, 03:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TJ06@January 30, 2006, 11:54 PM
Yep that price isn't bad I agree, like all of you guys I want dual exhaust!!! My plan was dual exhaust 2- 1/4 X to factory stock mufflers. But after countless times of listing to Scrming vids I am this close to pulling the trigger on the MRT Aero and give it a try. The only thing if for some reason it turns out not for me 20% restocking plus shipping I will lose.

Never did I think I would or might go single.
You could always just start with one and then by the drivers side later...
Old 1/31/06, 04:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 31, 2006, 12:12 AM
Well, think about this, what about dual MRT mufflers with high flow cats? Why do LT's net the most gain, partly because there are no cats. Right?

So imagine these babies with high flow cats, now we are talking some good HP gains.

Also, I have to ask, I may probably get push back on this, but when you think of the car "Mustang" and you are looking at the back of it, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

1. Single exhaust
2. Dual exhaust

For me it's duals. And these babies sound awesome, surely high flow cats will put enough air to make both of them scream "I'm a mustang!"
Actually the first thing I look at when I see another Mustang on the road is the number of tail pipes... Single screams V6! I know when I had my GT i'ld see a single tail pipe and say to myself "Just a V6"... and that's the reaction I want the unsuspecting public to have! Lull them in to a false sense of security! LOL! Oh, it's just a V6! hehehehe...

Duials would look great on my car.. no doubt... but right now it's not part of the plan... LOL! I have no problem with anyone putting duals on their V6...

Actually when I think of "Mustang" and look at the back I think more of tail lights than anything... which style of tail lights go with which year of Mustang... LOL! As I mentioned above when I look at the back of a Mustang and see tailpipes the only thing I think of is Single=V6, Duals=GT (and now maybe a V6.. LOL)

Yeah that mustangforums... LOL! Don't start that discussion here! LOL!
Old 1/31/06, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

@ Rygn & Scrming

Rygn,
I have to ask, I may probably get push back on this, but when you think of the car "Mustang" and you are looking at the back of it, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

1. Single exhaust
2. Dual exhaust
Totally agree with number #2,

@ Rygn & Scrming, Rygn I think you were posting to me.
On the other questions and suggestions I posted I think it might sound better with a single vs. dual here http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=43619 and then Scrming post after that Scott saying that might be the case. I not saying that the case for sure but have a feeling the sound will not be as deep or as healthy with duals vs. the single on this 6. I could be wrong and hope I am but time will tell.

I will see how I like the Aero once I get it and if its a keeper and once I get my charger installed I will decide at that time what to do. If I change my mind to go duals I will try dual Aeros and if I lose sound quality then just return the one one Aero sell the other on E-bay and go with my orignal setup of duals

( I just don't know even with free flow cats till I hear it)

By the way Aero's are going on E bay for $199.00 and thats without the hangers so MRT's price is decent.

I have listened to a lot of clips, single, dual's, headers w/duals, over last couple months and I had the GT take off on my car, etc and that Aero IMO I like.

I just can’t believe how good Scrming car sounds to me.

@ Scrming
Scrming now how long before we see the new tail pipe and do you know why and how they are changing it ?

One other question did you hear that 6T6 Mustang with the Aero since it had no cats and how did it sound to you?

On a side note if any one wants GT takeoffs check here.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=43930

T
Old 2/1/06, 03:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TJ06@February 1, 2006, 12:04 AM
@ Rygn & Scrming
Totally agree with number #2,
@ Rygn & Scrming, Rygn I think you were posting to me.
On the other questions and suggestions I posted I think it might sound better with a single vs. dual here http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=43619 and then Scrming post after that Scott saying that might be the case. I not saying that the case for sure but have a feeling the sound will not be as deep or as healthy with duals vs. the single on this 6. I could be wrong and hope I am but time will tell.

I will see how I like the Aero once I get it and if its a keeper and once I get my charger installed I will decide at that time what to do. If I change my mind to go duals I will try dual Aeros and if I lose sound quality then just return the one one Aero sell the other on E-bay and go with my orignal setup of duals

( I just don't know even with free flow cats till I hear it)

By the way Aero's are going on E bay for $199.00 and thats without the hangers so MRT's price is decent.
I have listened to a lot of clips, single, dual's, headers w/duals, over last couple months and I had the GT take off on my car, etc and that Aero IMO I like.

I just can’t believe how good Scrming car sounds to me.
@ Scrming
Scrming now how long before we see the new tail pipe and do you know why and how they are changing it ?

One other question did you hear that 6T6 Mustang with the Aero since it had no cats and how did it sound to you?

On a side note if any one wants GT takeoffs check here.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=43930
T

The new tail pipe was just prototype... is added significant $$$ to the cost so I don't think it will ever make it to "production"... It was just something Scott was trying out..

Yes, I heard the Cherry 6T6 with the Aero... very very tough sounding... it was basically a startup and then roll it out of the stop thing... However Scott told me why he finally settled on the Aero... After a lot of different mufflers he was cruising through downtown Northville... bunch of guys ont he side walk... he decidedes to crack the throttle... someone yells "That's the most BAD hiney Mustang I've ever heard!" Scott knew he had the right muffler for the car!!! LOL!
Old 2/4/06, 09:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 1, 2006, 5:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The new tail pipe was just prototype... is added significant $$$ to the cost so I don't think it will ever make it to "production"... It was just something Scott was trying out..

Yes, I heard the Cherry 6T6 with the Aero... very very tough sounding... it was basically a startup and then roll it out of the stop thing... However Scott told me why he finally settled on the Aero... After a lot of different mufflers he was cruising through downtown Northville... bunch of guys ont he side walk... he decidedes to crack the throttle... someone yells "That's the most BAD hiney Mustang I've ever heard!" Scott knew he had the right muffler for the car!!! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

Scrming,

You got to get pics of that 6T6 the next time you go!!!
Old 2/4/06, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

For Rygn

@Scrming

If you could a picture of the new Aero Tail Pipe.

T
Old 2/4/06, 10:08 AM

@TJ,

Thanks man! Beautiful car. That hood is on my list.
Old 2/4/06, 03:20 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 4, 2006, 12:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For Rygn

If you could a picture of the new Aero Tail Pipe.

T
[/b][/quote]

ARGH!!! I just got back from MRT... LOL! The 6T6 was in the showroom last week but it was gone today... The Interceptor was in the showroom...

Actually that Aero in the picture is on my car now! LOL!