V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Mustang V6 versus Mini?

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/07, 05:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
All I can tell you is that in my Mustang I need to have my seat shoved forward to the point that my knees rest on the bottom of the dash and on the centre stack. I didn't have this issue with the Tiburon when seating the same passengers. Odd, I know.

I had a similar issue between my RX-7 and the Tiburon. The RX-7 was easier to get in and out of despite having smaller doors and a lower seating position. Go figure.

Of course, it is much easier to get baby seats in and out of the Mustang - especially when the top is down.

Cheers
Old 9/19/07, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i wouldnt trust a convert with my kids in the back. if that **** rolls.
Old 9/20/07, 12:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TorchRedV6
However, are you really going to argue on the point that BMW has better engineered cars than Ford on the whole? Really? It might not be a universal, quantifiably proveable fact, but that would be petty wouldn't it? So it is an opinion, but do you not agree? I am sure that most others would consider that statement to be true also regardless of whether they own a Ford or not.
I would argue it..and I would likewise argue that people who just accept this blindly haven't put much if any thought into it.

The problem here is one of semantics. What is engineering and what makes it better? Was it superior engineering when BMW developed I-Drive and thereby created a system which makes Chinese cars look like marvels of ergonomics?(I am still surprised BMW hasn't taken more flack for this. If Ford had done this it would have been publicized and criticized as Edsel redux...BMW has thus far gotten off with a journalistic slap on the wrist) Is it that same superior engineering which has caused BMW to have major quality issues of late and on most of their models? Both of these have to do with engineering to be sure, but superior isn't the other word that comes to mind when I consider these issues.

Yes, BMW's possess great fit and finish, and they are more polished dynamically than the typical Ford....but in reality the design of I-Drive and quality problems have at least as much to do with engineering as does handling and arguably more to do with engineering than does fit and finish. I am betting that none of these entered your thoughts when considering who is superior in terms of engineering.
Old 9/20/07, 12:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cooper S > 4.0 stang

hands down. I'd even trade in my 4.6 for a cooper s with a works turbo.
Old 9/20/07, 01:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jsaylor
I would argue it..and I would likewise argue that people who just accept this blindly haven't put much if any thought into it.

The problem here is one of semantics. What is engineering and what makes it better? Was it superior engineering when BMW developed I-Drive and thereby created a system which makes Chinese cars look like marvels of ergonomics?(I am still surprised BMW hasn't taken more flack for this. If Ford had done this it would have been publicized and criticized as Edsel redux...BMW has thus far gotten off with a journalistic slap on the wrist) Is it that same superior engineering which has caused BMW to have major quality issues of late and on most of their models? Both of these have to do with engineering to be sure, but superior isn't the other word that comes to mind when I consider these issues.

Yes, BMW's possess great fit and finish, and they are more polished dynamically than the typical Ford....but in reality the design of I-Drive and quality problems have at least as much to do with engineering as does handling and arguably more to do with engineering than does fit and finish. I am betting that none of these entered your thoughts when considering who is superior in terms of engineering.
Oh no, I guess only someone as smart as yourself could possibly consider those things. So what about I-Drive and electric problems in later models? Does that tarnish the decades of reputability as a leading quality car maker? No, I don't think so. Ford has had plenty of slip ups over the years as have most auto manufacturers.
Why can't you people just swallow the idea that most people consider BMW a higher quality car manufacturer than Ford. Go take a poll of everyone you know and see what their consesus is if your that interested in arguing this point.
Old 9/20/07, 01:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TorchRedV6
Oh no, I guess only someone as smart as yourself could possibly consider those things. So what about I-Drive and electric problems in later models? Does that tarnish the decades of reputability as a leading quality car maker? No, I don't think so. Ford has had plenty of slip ups over the years as have most auto manufacturers.
Why can't you people just swallow the idea that most people consider BMW a higher quality car manufacturer than Ford. Go take a poll of everyone you know and see what their consesus is if your that interested in arguing this point.
ROFL. I love it when the 'ask people' argument comes out. So now the opinions of the masses decide what quality actually is? Perception of quality has now become the same thing as actual quality? What next...dogs marrying cats?

The truly unfortunate part of all of this is that I simply pointed out an oversight in your argument and did so without being rude or employing insults, all the while (based on your prior posts) suspecting that you would feel the need to resort to those tactics in your reply. Congratulations, you have proven that my initial perception is indeed reality.
Old 9/20/07, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=jsaylor;1007967]ROFL. I love it when the 'ask people' argument comes out. So now the opinions of the masses decide what quality actually is? Perception of quality has now become the same thing as actual quality? What next...dogs marrying cats?

What the heck are you talking about? How exactly then do you define actual quality? What does decide this actual quality you speak of? Is there a universally acceptable definition that would in any way prove who makes better quality cars? Probably not, because everybody's opinions will vary. And also, are you trying to say the actual quality of the Ford brand measures up to the actual quality of the BMW brand? I think you are now lost in semantics.

Sorry if my posts came across rude to you. Sometimes when reading type, incorrect judgements can be made on the intended tone of statements. I didn't think your post exactly credited me with having much intelligence, but perhaps I was wrong about that.

Anyway, this argument has become silly. I'm not trying to bash your opinions. I just don't understand why you were trying to argue that a few mistakes on BMW's part allows you to think Ford's engineering is suddenly on the same level.