GOT to get her to the dealer!
Old 5/5/05, 07:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 5, 2005, 6:16 AM
Stupid squeaky brakes....I am beginning to become embarassed.... :bang:

GOT to get her to the dealer!
April,
Is it front or rear? Mine are squeaking from the rear (right side only, go figure.)
I have not seen any service messages or bulletins at this time. I agree brake squeal is very annoying, but I guess I have a high tolerance for such things.
Old 5/5/05, 07:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mines coming from the front. right side.

Its so bad, the other night I pulled up next to some friends...they said to me. What's wrong with your brakes?
Old 5/5/05, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 5, 2005, 8:49 AM
Mines coming from the front. right side.

Its so bad, the other night I pulled up next to some friends...they said to me. What's wrong with your brakes?
Mine are horrible too.. I took it in some months ago to have it looked at. They said they polished off the break pads but I still have horrible squeaking comming from both front breaks.
Old 5/5/05, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

One problem, It won't go into 5th or reverse as easy as the other gears. I really don't like the idea of having a new car being fiddled around with, makes me not feel very good.
Old 5/5/05, 04:50 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

hey- but my pop disappeared!

I am not liking the hesitate- there are several GTS around here I like to play with when I encounter them, makes it difficult to catch up when I gotta deal with the shift, WTF? Shift goooooooo.
Old 5/5/05, 04:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well 5th goes in easy now, it's just reverse which is stubborn.
Old 5/6/05, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Reverse goes in easy now, so no more problems, so far.
Old 5/11/05, 10:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just wanted to add that it just keeps getting better, fortunately I got a sweet melon rather than a sour lemon for now.
This tranny has gotten so smooth I couldn't believe it today when I was driving it. It was almost freakishly nice.
Old 5/12/05, 07:57 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I believe in my heart that all the job 1 mustangs have kinks.
Seems everyone who had an after Christmas Delivery is doing A-ok.
Old 5/12/05, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by JHL981@March 29, 2005, 2:18 AM
Mine has a rough idle, when I put it in reverse, sounds like there is something rattling to heck, but it mainly does it when i put it in reverse! any ideas?
My girlfriends does the same thing... to the exact discription.
Her shaker 500 skipps also.
she has popping in the steering was the first problem we noticed but the dealership said they can fix that. they already ordered a part for another and fixed it. So they new what we were talken about. I am going tomorow to ask them about the shaker 500 and rattling idle.
Old 5/13/05, 05:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I believe the rattling Idle is another TSB...

When I took her in for the whole shopping list of crap this week we discovered a problem with my transmission. I just thought the blasted thing was a PITA.

Back in January, I put her in reverse and she didn't go anywhere...

She slips out of gear when Idle(Ie, put in D, it goes into N) and its a bee-atch to put it in park.

Apparently there is a faulty spring there.

My brake on my drivers side front is faulty, and it has caused the car to go to the left quite bad.
Old 5/30/05, 08:48 PM

About the gas tank issue, i dont know if its been answered as to why its doing this, but if not... its because of the design of the tanks, instead of one full body tank, its kinda like a saddle bag, and they have a pipe to connect the 2.. the service dept where i took mine to figure out the issue told me about it. they said that the tube connecting the 2 is suppose to keep them equal, but for some reason in a few tanks its not doing its job. i know i had like 70miles showing til empty on mine, went to start her up and nadda, was bone dry. hope this helps ya.

also, having an issue with the cluster going dead, then about 10s later it comes back to life. took it in and the amp meter is showing to pushing more than its suppose to and this could be the reason its killing it.

anyone else having the cluster go dead problem? i have the IUP in my car with the T/C aswell.
Old 5/30/05, 09:44 PM
GT Member

I had my Manual in for Transmission problems last week. Basically would not engage first gear unless it felt like it. The dealership said they tightened the linkage after a call to Ford. Ford said this is unlike any transmission they have ever made before (hasn't the T5 been around for a while?). They told me to make sure my clutch was pushed all the way in....if it gets any further in, I will be in the engine bay!

Tightening the linkage appeared to help some. I have also found that putting it in Neutral and letting off the clutch for a few seconds, then pushing the clutch back in, wait a few seconds and try to engage first works. Unfortunately I have almost been rearended several times doing this! Can't wait for NHTSA to get ahold of this one!

The best solution I found is to engage 1st when slowing down and below 5 miles an hour. It seems to go in fine. This just means I can't be lazy at stop lights, signs, or in rush hour!

Happy Motoring!
Old 5/31/05, 02:08 PM
V6 Member

When I have problems getting any car into first, I try shifting into second, then into first and it always seems to work. So give that a try.
Old 5/31/05, 07:37 PM

Unfortunately, I too have had the same kinds of problems that others have experienced:

1. Shaker 500 would periodically skip, and give bad disc errors. It took 3 weeks to have this replaced.. Not a problem anymore.

2. Horrible popping noise when turning right and left. Dealer says that there is a TSB out to replace the front bolts? They are still on order ...

3. Squeeky breaks.. Dealer said they couldn't reproduce this...
Old 6/1/05, 01:54 PM

well, its been 3 weeks and the only reason they wont give me the car back is because they say that they let it sit there at idle and after 30 mins it just died for no reason. supposedly there is going to be a ford engineer coming out to look at it. just sick that i have had to sit in a rental for the past 3 weeks and they still cant figure out whats wrong with it.
Old 6/1/05, 10:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Ceasarbf@June 1, 2005, 2:57 PM
well, its been 3 weeks and the only reason they wont give me the car back is because they say that they let it sit there at idle and after 30 mins it just died for no reason. supposedly there is going to be a ford engineer coming out to look at it. just sick that i have had to sit in a rental for the past 3 weeks and they still cant figure out whats wrong with it.
I would be asking about the Lemon Law. I believe if a car is in the shop for more than 1 month in the first year of ownership you can force the manufacturer to buy it back at the purchase price or replace it.
I got stuck like that with a new Camaro in 92 and it was nothing but a piece of junk. Spent 6 1/2 weeks in the shop over a 12 month period. I didn't find out until after I gave up and traded it in that it would have qualified under the lemon law. The dealer isn't going to volunteer you any information.
I spent a year making $349 car payments and driving base model Cavalier rentals every time I tried to go anywhere. Not cool.
Old 6/1/05, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shaker problem is the reason I did not order the stereo with my mustang order, this has been a known problem on this site since last fall.
Old 6/1/05, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by the cable guy@June 1, 2005, 11:03 PM
I would be asking about the Lemon Law. I believe if a car is in the shop for more than 1 month in the first year of ownership you can force the manufacturer to buy it back at the purchase price or replace it.
I got stuck like that with a new Camaro in 92 and it was nothing but a piece of junk. Spent 6 1/2 weeks in the shop over a 12 month period. I didn't find out until after I gave up and traded it in that it would have qualified under the lemon law. The dealer isn't going to volunteer you any information.
I spent a year making $349 car payments and driving base model Cavalier rentals every time I tried to go anywhere. Not cool.

I agree! You're making payments and NOT driving your car, NOT COOL. Investigate the Lemon Law and use if necessary! Even a few dropped idle threats should speed things up!

Quick Reply: Laundry list of issues