V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Laundry list of issues

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/05, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you haven't already, try driving with the rear seats folded down so you can hear what's going on in the trunk a little better.
Old 2/15/05, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

I have some chassis ears that I purchased to find a similar noise in the rear deck of 2002 Honda Accord. The dealeer should use something like this to pinpoint the exact source of the problem. Mine are new in the box, and I haven't tried them yet.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/jsp06600.html
Old 2/15/05, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by lodom@February 15, 2005, 12:42 PM
I have some chassis ears that I purchased to find a similar noise in the rear deck of 2002 Honda Accord. The dealeer should use something like this to pinpoint the exact source of the problem. Mine are new in the box, and I haven't tried them yet.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/jsp06600.html
Wow, that's cool! No Ford owner should be without one.
Old 2/15/05, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

The dealer did use something like that to locate the source of the noise in my car. They just don't know how to stop it.
Old 2/16/05, 12:26 AM

Originally posted by atariboy71@February 10, 2005, 8:51 PM
Once in a while when Im exiting the freeway and on the onramp my Mustang warning beeper goes off for no aparent reason and no indicator of the problem appears on the dash. If I leave it along it goes off after about 5 seconds, or I can shut it off by pressing the hazard lights button. The strange thing is it only happens on a few offramps, I wish I knew what it was more of an incovience than anything else.
I wonder if this is just the beeper warning for the turn signals. It sure surprised me the first time mine went off.....it was on a long offramp that didn't require me to turn the wheel. I noticed in my manual that if blinker is on and the wheel doesn't actually turn, the beeper will remind you to turn, as if you are a blue-haired old lady in an El Dorado.

Anyway- I've got 2,100 miles on my V6 and I am glad to say I have nothing major to gripe about. My breaks get a little squeaky sometimes when I'm doing a lot of in-town driving, and yeah, the throttle is a bit slow to respond in some ways, but I'm learning how to finesse that. I don't hear the whine or any rattles, so I'm feeling lucky.
Old 2/16/05, 05:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Wilco+February 16, 2005, 1:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wilco @ February 16, 2005, 1:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-atariboy71@February 10, 2005, 8:51 PM
Once in a while when Im exiting the freeway and on the onramp my Mustang warning beeper goes off for no aparent reason and no indicator of the problem appears on the dash. If I leave it along it goes off after about 5 seconds, or I can shut it off by pressing the hazard lights button. The strange thing is it only happens on a few offramps, I wish I knew what it was more of an incovience than anything else.
I wonder if this is just the beeper warning for the turn signals. It sure surprised me the first time mine went off.....it was on a long offramp that didn't require me to turn the wheel. I noticed in my manual that if blinker is on and the wheel doesn't actually turn, the beeper will remind you to turn, as if you are a blue-haired old lady in an El Dorado.
[/b][/quote]

I thought the beep was to remind you to turn you turn signal off in those cases where you turn, but when you get back straight it doesn't automatically go off (like changing lanes or those curves with small curviture) so you don't go driving down the road with your turn signal on for a mile and not even realize it's on. i know it makes that loud "clip clop" sound (almost like a horse) but f you have music on, it is easy to miss it.
Old 2/16/05, 09:30 AM

It is as you suggest, poor choice of words on my part. If my blinker is on and I don't turn quickly, it beeps, which is annoying when I'm having to wait to move over in heavy traffic and suddenly beep beep beep beep! I wish mine made clip-clop noise instead, as I could never miss mine even w/ the radio on.
Old 2/18/05, 11:25 PM
V6 Member

2300 miles on my v6 man and not a single problem.
Old 2/19/05, 12:07 AM

Thanks for the reply, It hasnt happened in over a week now and I have been on many off ramps. even the one where it has happened a couple of times. Its not much of a help to have a beeper go off and scare you half to heck just to tell you your blinker is still on. The only other thing on my V6 that is a little strange is that on occaison when I brake I hear a click sound coming from my right back side. Nothing I can feel just a slight sound, Other than that I dont have any wierd things coming from my car, and and actually seeing more of the 05;s here in SOuthern California.
Old 3/26/05, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by AZ_05STANG@January 28, 2005, 12:36 PM
I have had several issues, some concerning some not.

1.) Power loss and engine hesitation when coming out of partial stop.
2.) Heater doesn't push much to feet in any of the settings, but when set to push just to floor it is pushing hard out of the dash at the windshield(not the defrost vent though).
3.) Shaker 500 drags or skips or something.
4.) Clunk in reverse.
5.) Gas fueling issue.

I have had into the dealer and they recalibrated the computer???? Didn't change anything.
I just returned from my vacation and had the problem with engine hesitation and power loss. It seemed to do it after I had been on the interstate for a long time and would slow down getting off ramp and when I would be in town. When I would go to accel. (from a roll or a complete stop) it would feel like the engine shut off for a brief second and then came back to life. This happened at least 5 times while I was traveling. It seemed to do it only when I significantly pushed down on the pedal...not if I pushed down slowly. I feel that this could be dangerous if you were going to pass or needed to speed up to avoid an accident.
Old 3/26/05, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by jahnnee5@March 26, 2005, 10:11 AM
I just returned from my vacation and had the problem with engine hesitation and power loss. It seemed to do it after I had been on the interstate for a long time and would slow down getting off ramp and when I would be in town. When I would go to accel. (from a roll or a complete stop) it would feel like the engine shut off for a brief second and then came back to life.
I've only taken one sustained interstate trip, about 1.5 hours, in my 2005 Mustang and it was only one way (I returned via the back roads through a lot of small towns) but when I started up from the off-ramp from the interstate it fell on its face and almost died twice within the first 20 feet, then everything was fine again. That's been about 1500 miles ago and other than that time it has never stumbled, even a little bit. I'm looking forward to my next startup after a long interstate stretch. I think I'll pick out a really BIG hole in traffic before I try it. This is definitely a safety issue. I wonder if Ford's aware of it.
Old 3/28/05, 07:03 AM

I am convinced that this hesitation issue is traction control related. But of course, we can only confirm it if those of you that are experiencing it recreate the situation when it occurs, but with the TC off.
Old 3/28/05, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by miktvk@March 28, 2005, 8:06 AM
I am convinced that this hesitation issue is traction control related. But of course, we can only confirm it if those of you that are experiencing it recreate the situation when it occurs, but with the TC off.
No "traction control" option on my vehicle......
So I do not think has anything to do with that.
Old 3/28/05, 09:56 PM
GT Member

9078 miles here and no problems, at all just some idiot at walmart put a dent in my pass door, but otherwise no mechanical probs.
Old 3/29/05, 01:15 AM
GT Member

Mine has a rough idle, when I put it in reverse, sounds like there is something rattling to heck, but it mainly does it when i put it in reverse! any ideas?
Old 3/30/05, 10:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by OCmustang@January 19, 2005, 10:20 PM
1. Whine during deceleration.
2. Passenger airbag turns off when someone is sitting in the passenger seat.
3. Rear end hops when cornering.
4. Gas tank issue.

Has anyone had the Whine During Deceleration taken care of ? If so what was it? I think mine is getting louder.
Old 3/31/05, 05:57 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have developed a strange pop when I reverse.
Old 3/31/05, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by jahnnee5+March 28, 2005, 10:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jahnnee5 @ March 28, 2005, 10:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-miktvk@March 28, 2005, 8:06 AM
No "traction control" option on my vehicle......
So I do not think has anything to do with that.
[/b][/quote]
No "traction control" option here, either, but I did have the hesitation. I think that theory is very dead.
Old 4/15/05, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

You can hear the 'clunk' noise shifting into reverse in the car and tanding out of the car...and 15-20 feet away. Any ideas?
Old 4/15/05, 08:01 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

lots of cars have a clunk when they go into reverse...I think it's a part of the retro theme....really though I've had many auto trannys over the year that have a clunk when shifted into reverse...especially when cold and at cold higher rev speeds....

Quick Reply: Laundry list of issues