V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Laundry list of issues

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/05, 10:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to tell everyone especially me being DIEHARD FORD man, but sounds like the new car is a pile of crap. I no this is onna get some flaming, but lets look at it. IT is HEAVY, has a junk computer and stereo and all the other stuff u r talkin about. Why would someone want to buy this if they didnt know anything about stangs and were just lookin on our forums?
Old 2/11/05, 10:11 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by pvg119@February 6, 2005, 5:09 PM
Does anyone else hear a buzzing sound comming out of the automatic shifter. It sounds like a computer when its loading. Also have the clunking while turning and Shaker problems!
Sounds Good, the clunking is to make up for the shaker (thats what the technician will say) and the shifter buzzing is to make noise when the shaker is skipping and u r not turning
Old 2/11/05, 10:11 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Because we can and we love em! Bugs and all.......
Old 2/11/05, 10:18 PM
GTR Member

I know it, thats why I would buy a new mustang.
Old 2/11/05, 10:23 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I look on the bright side-----------its all under warranty. I Can go to the dealer and cry to them every day if I want to and its all free.
Old 2/11/05, 10:29 PM
GTR Member

LOL, I guess their is a bright side to it.....................It kinda turns me of with all these problems though.
Old 2/11/05, 11:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@February 11, 2005, 11:12 PM
I hate to tell everyone especially me being DIEHARD FORD man, but sounds like the new car is a pile of crap. I no this is onna get some flaming, but lets look at it. IT is HEAVY, has a junk computer and stereo and all the other stuff u r talkin about. Why would someone want to buy this if they didnt know anything about stangs and were just lookin on our forums?
I am a first time Mustang owner, been a Chevy guy my whole life, I have to admit I love the car. Yes I gave a thumbs down on the fast track thing, but after thinking about it, Ford still did a heck of a job with this Mustang. I guess the thing is a lot of new cars have bugs in them, but the Mustang is not any where close to a pile of crap. Bought an 03 KIA Rio once, now that car was a pile of crap. It always ran mind you, but it was junk.
Old 2/12/05, 05:50 AM
Bullitt Member

It's not my intent, or the intent of anyone in this forum, to scare anyone or sour their opinion of this great car. For me, at least, it's a way to find out if anyone else is experiencing the same issues, and for insight on dealing with them.

The '05 Mustang is in no way a "pile of crap." A brand-new (at the time) '87 Mopar that left me stranded, requiring a tow to the dealer several times, certainly was! I dumped that POC for a new '88 Thunderbird, and have driven nothing but Fords ever since.

I expected some minor troubles when I bought my 'Stang, knowing that it's an all-new design built during the very first week of production. But I gotta tell you, what may be a little annoying is soon eclipsed by the feeling you get when you get behind the wheel and drive. First of all, you look at the dash in front of you and realize, "Wow, this is awesome!" Then give it a little gas, and the car seems to scream at you "C'mon, man, let's go! Let's go!"

When neighbors or passers by ask me "How's that new Mustang?" I reply with a huge smile on my face, "Just great!"
Old 2/12/05, 07:11 AM

I love my ride too barjon. It makes me feel like I'm a part of something that a lot of folks don't get to experience.

I have heard at least a dozen or more times that "It must be nice".

O IT IS!
Old 2/12/05, 07:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I get to feeling bad with mine.......
My friends- What's it like to drive that thing? I don't wanna let loose about her virtues because they don't have something like it too, and it makes me feel bad.

I absolutely frigging adore the car. I coulda adored it more if it were manual, but the big Christmas car wreck bumped her arrival up 9 months.

Its absolutely fun as hades!

The gremlins, sure. For instance, last night I was in the longest carpool line EVER to pick up my kid from school, was enjoying That's the way by Zeppelin, and all the poor nutless men in minivans were looking over in envy at her, and suddenly- the DREADED REWIND!

I had the transmission thing happen ONE time, and it has not repeated. Maybe its a freak every so often thing?

Only one road where the noise in the rear happens, every other road- smooth sailin.
Old 2/12/05, 08:09 AM

If you stop and think about it, people with problems are more likely to post (looking for solutions) than people without problems. This causes a negative bias in the apparent quality of the new Mustang on this forum. There's a poll on allfordmustangs.com about problems people are experiencing. It looks like the radio is the only problem that's showing up consistently. While that's annoying, it hardly has anything to do with new technology, plus that same radio is used in several other Ford models and it's having problems in all of them.

I've had my WV blue V6 since January 24th and now have 1100 miles. My Shaker 500 is perfect - it's never skipped or rejected a CD. I thought I heard a skip once, but went back and verified that it's a problem with the mp3 file. I had one hesitation starting from a full stop, but that was several hundred miles ago and there's been nothing since. There's a slight drone at 1600 rpm, which I almost never hear since I usually have the radio on so I've decided that I don't really care. If Ford comes out with a fix I'll probably have it done, but it's not bothering me.

I've bought a lot of introduction year cars (1966 Fairlane GTA, 1974 Mustang II, 1975 VW Scirocco, 1979 Mercury Capri, 1982 Z28, 1984 Nissan 300ZX, 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1992 Mazda 929, 1994 Integra RS-X, 1999 Pontiac Grand Am and 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S) and the initial quality of my 2005 Mustang is better than most have been. The paint's great, there are no problems in the interior, everything works and nothing clunks, squeaks or rattles. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old 2/12/05, 10:07 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 74Mach1@February 12, 2005, 9:12 AM
There's a slight drone at 1600 rpm, which I almost never hear since I usually have the radio on so I've decided that I don't really care. If Ford comes out with a fix I'll probably have it done, but it's not bothering me.
Hey, 10 years from now someone is going to selling "vintage" exhaust systems for Mustangs that drone at 1600 rpms just the the '05.

It's kind of like putting non-potted humbuckers on a new guitar, if you know what I mean...
Old 2/12/05, 11:32 AM
GTR Member

O ok, good to hear the new car is not that bad. It was really pushing me towards the 03-04 Cobras and Mach 1s.
Old 2/12/05, 06:38 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by bison+February 12, 2005, 11:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bison @ February 12, 2005, 11:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-74Mach1@February 12, 2005, 9:12 AM
There's a slight drone at 1600 rpm, which I almost never hear since I usually have the radio on so I've decided that I don't really care. If Ford comes out with a fix I'll probably have it done, but it's not bothering me.
Hey, 10 years from now someone is going to selling "vintage" exhaust systems for Mustangs that drone at 1600 rpms just the the '05.

It's kind of like putting non-potted humbuckers on a new guitar, if you know what I mean...
[/b][/quote]
I did not get that :scratch: is it just me? :scratch:
Old 2/14/05, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200+February 12, 2005, 7:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ February 12, 2005, 7:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by bison@February 12, 2005, 11:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-74Mach1
@February 12, 2005, 9:12 AM

[/b][/quote]
Here's a link if you're really interested:

http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/...ical/index.php

The world of electric guitars is weird. There's been no real innovation for decades, and some player will actually use inferior equipment just because it's "vintage." I hope the Mustang's 1600 rpm exhaust resonance never becomes "vintage" ...
Old 2/14/05, 11:31 AM

I have had my Mustang since right before xmas. All in all I love the car and would buy it again, already knowing the problems that they are having. I have had a few problems...and ford seems to be alittle slow in fixing them.

1. Shaker 500 skips all the time. (backorder 3weeks)
2. Brake fluid resevior is leaking.(backorder 3weeks)
3. Passenger airbag light comes on at random times.

All of the these are to be expected. But what really drives me crazy is the tapping noise in the rear end. I can't seem to find it. It really only happens over bumps. But they can be small bumps. And if you are on a bumpy road, it will built up a resonance so to speak and starting tapping away. It sounds like it is coming from the trunk. For those of you who are having the ticking problem, does this describe your issue as well?
Old 2/14/05, 11:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bison+February 14, 2005, 10:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bison @ February 14, 2005, 10:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Fordracing200@February 12, 2005, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by bison@February 12, 2005, 11:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-74Mach1
@February 12, 2005, 9:12 AM

Here's a link if you're really interested:

http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/...ical/index.php

The world of electric guitars is weird. There's been no real innovation for decades, and some player will actually use inferior equipment just because it's "vintage." I hope the Mustang's 1600 rpm exhaust resonance never becomes "vintage" ...
[/b][/quote]

I played guitars for a while, and I can identify with what you said to some extent. However, I think these are two different situations. In the case of guitars, people will use "inferior" technology not just because the guitar or amp is vintage, but because of the "vintage" sound they can get out of such equipment. To a lot of peple, simpler, less advanced equipment is ideal in a situation like this because it gives the tone that they want. Automotives isn't really like this, though it can be argued that some people prefer certain antiquated technologes because they have some quality that the new technologies don't. Obviously a 1600 RPM drone doesn't fit this category.
Old 2/14/05, 03:49 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I just turned over today to 2222 miles and Knock on Wood I have no problems. I do not have a shaker sterio though.
Old 2/14/05, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by pakman1969@February 14, 2005, 12:34 PM
But what really drives me crazy is the tapping noise in the rear end. I can't seem to find it. It really only happens over bumps. But they can be small bumps. And if you are on a bumpy road, it will built up a resonance so to speak and starting tapping away. It sounds like it is coming from the trunk. For those of you who are having the ticking problem, does this describe your issue as well?
Pakman, that sound like my problem, too. I describe it as the sound a bag of popcorn makes when being heated in a microwave. It's from the area where the rear shelf (what the rear speakers are mounted to) meets the right rear quarter panel.

My dealer had the car for 2 days the week before last. On day 1 I was told it's a "sheet metal problem" and that they were waiting for Ford engineers to tell them what to do about it. On day 2 they "resecured" some trunk panels, and the noise seemed to stop. Unfortunately, it was only quiet for two days. Now it's doing the same thing again.

When I have more time, I'll have to make an appointment to take the car in again. I was told that, since this is a whole new design, and that I may be the first one with this issue, I may have to bring the car back several times while they try and figure this one out. Nice, ha?
Old 2/14/05, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by barjon+February 14, 2005, 6:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barjon @ February 14, 2005, 6:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-pakman1969@February 14, 2005, 12:34 PM
But what really drives me crazy is the tapping noise in the rear end. I can't seem to find it. It really only happens over bumps. But they can be small bumps. And if you are on a bumpy road, it will built up a resonance so to speak and starting tapping away. It sounds like it is coming from the trunk. For those of you who are having the ticking problem, does this describe your issue as well?
Pakman, that sound like my problem, too. I describe it as the sound a bag of popcorn makes when being heated in a microwave. It's from the area where the rear shelf (what the rear speakers are mounted to) meets the right rear quarter panel.

My dealer had the car for 2 days the week before last. On day 1 I was told it's a "sheet metal problem" and that they were waiting for Ford engineers to tell them what to do about it. On day 2 they "resecured" some trunk panels, and the noise seemed to stop. Unfortunately, it was only quiet for two days. Now it's doing the same thing again.

When I have more time, I'll have to make an appointment to take the car in again. I was told that, since this is a whole new design, and that I may be the first one with this issue, I may have to bring the car back several times while they try and figure this one out. Nice, ha?
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can narrow down the noise to a specific area now. Thank you much.

Quick Reply: Laundry list of issues