V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Laundry list of issues

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/05, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got off the phone with my service advisor. He said the technician was able to "resecure" or "tighten up" a body panel, and the problem seems to have gone away.

We'll see tonight!

Update: The noise has stopped! On my trip home from the dealer, all was quiet in the back!
Old 2/4/05, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Clunk noise gone as well?
Old 2/4/05, 02:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I didn't have them look into that one yet, as it doesn't happen that often on mine.
Old 2/4/05, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by aixguy@January 20, 2005, 6:51 AM
Not a drive shaft problem, this is exhaust resonace. It will do it in drive, brake on, car standing still, bring engine up to 1600 RPM.
Not to trivialize your problems, but when exactly would this type of driving situation occur? Besides sitting at a light and staging for a drag race I can't see any other time you would be doing this.
Old 2/4/05, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by msduncan+January 28, 2005, 2:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msduncan @ January 28, 2005, 2:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AZ_05STANG@January 28, 2005, 12:36 PM
I have had several issues, some concerning some not.

1.) Power loss and engine hesitation when coming out of partial stop.
2.) Heater doesn't push much to feet in any of the settings, but when set to push just to floor it is pushing hard out of the dash at the windshield(not the defrost vent though).
3.) Shaker 500 drags or skips or something.
4.) Clunk in reverse.
5.) Gas fueling issue.

I have had into the dealer and they recalibrated the computer???? Didn't change anything.
That power loss on partial stop -- I think I had that too. It felt like it was momentarily going to stall, then everything came back. It's only happened once...

What do you think it might be, and should I be super concerned about it?
[/b][/quote]
Some members have said they think it is something to do with the TCS but I am not convinced. The strange part is that at night when it happens the dash and headlights flicker. I wouldn't be too concerned about yet, but keep it in mind when you are trying to take off fast out of a slow roll. Especially if you are trying to impress someone.
Old 2/5/05, 07:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Karpro+February 4, 2005, 10:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ February 4, 2005, 10:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-aixguy@January 20, 2005, 6:51 AM
Not a drive shaft problem, this is exhaust resonace. It will do it in drive, brake on, car standing still, bring engine up to 1600 RPM.
Not to trivialize your problems, but when exactly would this type of driving situation occur? Besides sitting at a light and staging for a drag race I can't see any other time you would be doing this.
[/b][/quote]

He did not say that this would not happen when the car is driven, only that problem is also present when the car is standing still, so obviously it's not related to the driveshaft...
Old 2/6/05, 01:31 PM

I bought my Stang 05, Satin Silver, interior and exterior sports package, auto, and so far I had 130 miles on it since I only have a 2 mile roundtrip to work...LOL...But anyway, now im experiencing the Shaker 1000 Skip from time to time. However, did my first fuel fill up today and had no problem at the pump. No other problems to report. Knocking on wood!!!!
Old 2/6/05, 04:06 PM

Does anyone else hear a buzzing sound comming out of the automatic shifter. It sounds like a computer when its loading. Also have the clunking while turning and Shaker problems!
Old 2/8/05, 05:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My shaker is screwed...It doesn't even like Clapton anymore.

I am obviously going to have to send my husband off to service with it. I keep getting treated like a histronic woman when I take it in. Hes RED HOT about the stereo getting broke- I got the yellow one cause the torch didn't have a shaker.
Old 2/9/05, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, now my auto transmission is acting funky.

Leaving work today, I noticed it took an unusually long time, about 3 or 4 seconds, to engage when I shifted from park into reverse. When got home, I stopped, put it into park, waited a bit, then put it into reverse. This time it responded properly, so I backed up a little, stopped, and shifted into drive. It seemed to shift into gear normally, but a few seconds later it slammed into gear, jerking forward with quite a lot of force.

I repeated those steps a couple more times, with the same results. Finally, I took it for a drive around the block, then parked it for the night.
Old 2/9/05, 05:34 PM
GT Member

Arrow

:notnice: All these problems are a direct result of the money Ford saved in development. We are doing the R&D for Ford, this is because of the "Fast Track" development plan Ford used to get the 05 Mustang to market. There will be more problems with these cars as the miles rack up. Subsequent year owners will have us to thank for working the bugs out of this model Mustang. The truth stinks but there it is.
Old 2/10/05, 01:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I rented a V6 for a test drive and noticed the "power down" whine when decelerating. I would not claim it to be the rear axle gear "grind" others were talking about. My father who sat along with me told me how to fix it:

"You see that **** in the center console called volume? Try turning that and see if it goes away." That did the trick. Of course if you have a skipping Shaker then you're just exchanging one problem for another. And this car sounds good with the radio off!

No flames please, just adding a little humor to the topic. Good luck to all in getting their issues fixed.
Old 2/10/05, 08:48 PM

Once in a while when Im exiting the freeway and on the onramp my Mustang warning beeper goes off for no aparent reason and no indicator of the problem appears on the dash. If I leave it along it goes off after about 5 seconds, or I can shut it off by pressing the hazard lights button. The strange thing is it only happens on a few offramps, I wish I knew what it was more of an incovience than anything else. Overall the car rides very well and its nice to see alot of the students at the school I teach at ask me about the car. I should charge admission and giev the kids rides home.
Old 2/11/05, 05:25 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I had that thing with the transmission..It went away?!

I just want my shaker fixed- I can deal with anything else if I can have music while I ride around. My salesman is supposed to crawl the stereo guys hiney today to see about getting me fixed.
Right now I am looking at adding a second ford to my stable so I spent a plethora of time on the Ford lot yesterday,every 05 stereo looks like the shaker, but doesn't say so.WTF? Same stereo different name?
Overall though- I am over pleased with this car. I adore it, and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 2/11/05, 10:30 AM
GT Member

It is something to mention to the dealer but they are not going to do anything other then say .. oh that is normal. If I had to guess, I would say it's comming from the ring and pinion since it sounds like a turbine (gear whine), and it changes (goes away) when you switch from decel to accel. Probably nothing more then lack of sound proffing, but it bothers me none the less. Just one more reason for that 100,000 mile 6 year extended plan.
Doug
You're probably right about the lack of sound deadening.

If you tap the headliner with the back of your hand, does the roof sound like a tin can? I'm trying to figure out if this has been fixed, or if all '05s do this. Flipping the sunvisors up can make it ring too.
Old 2/11/05, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Today the transmission was fine.

So far, I haven't had a problem with my Shaker. With it blasting out my favorite tunes, I love driving this car!
Old 2/11/05, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05V6@February 9, 2005, 6:37 PM
:notnice: All these problems are a direct result of the money Ford saved in development. We are doing the R&D for Ford, this is because of the "Fast Track" development plan Ford used to get the 05 Mustang to market. There will be more problems with these cars as the miles rack up. Subsequent year owners will have us to thank for working the bugs out of this model Mustang. The truth stinks but there it is.
You know your right, and THANKS! We stand on the sholders of giants!
Old 2/11/05, 08:59 PM

Originally posted by flight96@February 3, 2005, 11:09 AM
I hear a ticking noise as well...sounds like hot metal cooling down...more like a "ting" than a "tick". I did hear a different "tick" sound but discovered that it was the fan turning on and off
I have the clunk when going into any gear and I think it even did it going in to neutral but doesnt do it every time, sounds like a worn or loose u-joint but checked and it was fine. I have noticed the whine when slowing down but I dont think its anything to get alarmed about yet.
Havent noticed any heat or a/c problems yet.
so far I just had to take mine in to have pass. side wireing moved, it kept causing the small panel in the kick panel to pop off.
Old 2/11/05, 09:29 PM

Man you guys are scaring the crap out of me. I got a GT last Saturday and have not had any issues to speak of at all. Maybe I'm still hung up in the glamor. Has anybody heard anything about problems with the GT?
Old 2/11/05, 10:00 PM
GT Member

Nothing to be scared about, as others have said wouldn't trade the Mustang for anything. So it has a few bugs to be worked out, I realize the reason and accept it. I am actually glad Ford got the Mustang to market without a $35,000 price tag, something GM can't seem to accomplish. So if we have to help fix a fantastic car, I'm good with it.

Quick Reply: Laundry list of issues