V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

HELP! installing GT rear sway bar on V6 vert

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/10, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! installing GT rear sway bar on V6 vert

Hola!

I gathered a rear sway bar from a GT vert on ebay. Yeehaw! However, there's an outer bushing missing. AFAIK, this bushing is to connect the axle with the sway bar. Now, I'm wondering wether the V6 vert is origially equipped with the necessary brackets/bushings. Unfortunately, I think it is not. At the moment I cannot check if so. Maybe anyone knows?

If the brackets are actually missing, I have a big problem! I cannot find anyone who offers these brackets on the internet. In addition, I need a shop or dealer who is willing to ship these parts to Germany. Moreover, I'm not even aware of the respective part numbers for finding the correct ones.

My sway bar comes together with the links and their bushings. Apart from the axle brackets and bushings, do I need any further hardware for installing the sway bar on my V6 vert?

I'm glad about any information you can provide!

Thanks,

Wolfgang
Old 10/6/10, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The GT vert rear bar is the same 18mm bar as on the V6 Pony Package. GT coupes have a 20mm bar. Maybe brackets off a Pony Package car would be easier to find?? Good luck.
Old 10/6/10, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
normally those links with the bushings come with the rear sway, and the brackets and bushings at the ends where it mounts to the shock brackets. i dont know if you will find those parts separate very easily. in addition to a complete bar set up, they dont come with the bolts you need to mount it. you can get factory stuff or what i did was went to the faster shop and bought:

4- 10mm x 30mm bolts plus nylock nuts and some washers( for the shock mount)
2- 12mm x 65mm bolts plus nylocl nuts and some washers( for the top of the links to the body)

hate to say it but you might just have to buy a gt takeoff rear sway like maybe from newtakeoff.com
Old 10/13/10, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks a lot, guys!

After having ordered all part at four different dealers, I hope I've got everything for the install. However, I'm afraid that my new PU bushings (20mm) will not fit onto the GT vert sway-bar if it has only 18mm. The dealer told me, 20mm bushings will fit for the vert... I guess I have to doublecheck!

The parts supply over here in Europe is really poor. Whereas the size of the fan community over here is remarkable.

greetz,

Wolfgang