V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Finally Bought F/I!!!

Old 11/1/10, 11:48 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Bought F/I!!!

I finally pulled the trigger on a ProCharger Stage II setup. After talking them down a few hundred bucks under the initial price I couldn't pass it up. While it should be here in a couple weeks I won't be installing it until the weather warms up. What I would like to do now is whittle away at all of the supporting mods I might need/want.

My 4.0 is pretty much stock except the canned SCT tunes I installed. I also purchased a JLT CAI (Thanks Adam12!) that should be here today. I also bought(but have not installed) a screamin' demon coil pack and a set of live wires. Before I get into the meat of my post riddle me this....This weekend when I'm changing my oil and installing the CAI/Canned SCT SF3 tune should I install the new coil pack, wires & some new plugs?? My car just passed 60k and I figure it's time to replace the wires & plugs which is why I initially purchased the package. I guess I'm just a little leery because I think I'd rather wait to install the S/C and just put new plugs/coil/wires in then. Also, what type of plugs would you guys recommend? I keep hearing about just sticking with Autolites or NGKs. Has anyone with this coil pack actually opened the gap up to .065? Is that recommended with a S/C?

I know that while I don't 'need' supporting mods I kno they all help. My list of what I want is substantially larger than what I will get into here. What I want to discuss here is best 'order of purchasing' just in case my mod budget starts to wane around the time I want to do the install.

I planned on upgrading a few things, but I would perfer to buy the most expensive items first. I'm thinking of getting the stuff below. I already own an uninstalled off road Prochamber, which is why I'm partial to MAC LTs. If anyone can think of something to remove, or something cheap to add I'm all ears...
8.8" Rear w/3.73s - approx $900
Tokico D-Specs - Approx $520
Mac Ceramic LTs - Approx $340
BBK Throttle Body(on the fence..is it worth it?) - Approx. $310
Vogtland Springs - $177
Pypes Hi Flow Cats(needed so I can pass emmissions) - Approx - $100
O2 Extentions - $100

after I get this stuff I think I'll be ready for installing the S/C. What type of suggesstions do you guys have? I left off a catch can...are those needed??
Old 11/1/10, 11:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
well done, sir
Old 11/1/10, 01:24 PM
GT Member

On a side note... I'm not completely decided on if I want to get the 8# or 10# pulley. My engine is stock for now. I might make a couple mods to it, but I don't know for sure(possibly some upgraded cams down the line). Would the 10#s be safe for a stock engine?
Old 11/1/10, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Topless Stang
Would the 10#s be safe for a stock engine?
It's all in the tune. Get one done at a reputable shop.
Old 11/1/10, 09:07 PM
GT Member

I planned on possibly going to Tillman Speed..they are pretty reputable shop. Thjey have a decent online presence and they are not too far away.