V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dealer Maintenance Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my car last night and they of course picked the maintenance warranty too me. I actually kinda like the concept in that your basically paying up front to cover the cost of all your oil changes, brakes, and regular maintenance on the car for 75,000 miles.

I'm sure there are a million threads on this but I wanted some fresh thoughts on it.
Old 6/3/05, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Most of the maintainence is VERY easy. I've got over 20k on my car now (LOTS of driving time), and I've done plenty of oil changes. I'm not sure how much that plan costs, but I know that my maintenance is going to be cheaper in the long haul. There are a few things I won't do myself, but I'm sure they won't take an arm and a leg to pay for.

If you want the ease of maintainence and the peace of mind to not have to worry about anything at all, I'm sure it's worth it.

For me - an hour or 2 on a weekend to change the oil and rotate the tires is a rewarding and relaxing experience. I also have separation anxiety, and I can't stand the thought of anyone putting their hands on my pony.

That's just me though.
Old 6/8/05, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
A friend of mine got a plan like that with his new car. Then he moved 300 miles away because of a job. The dealers there wouldn't honor the plan so he was stuck paying for 2 oil changes but only getting 1.

But if you know that you are going to pay someone to do it and you know you aren't moving, the only down side is that you'll be paying interest on that money.
Old 6/8/05, 08:25 AM
FR500 Member

I've never been big on large warranty's/maintainence contracts like that. I'm a believer in "pay as you go" when it comes to maintainence on a car. Another thing I DON'T like about this kind of deal is that it gives the impression that the warranty is tied to maintainence, which is not the case, all you're doing is prepaying for your maintainence and it has nothing to do with a warranty.