V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Back in the game

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/06, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all. I doubt any of you noticed, but I took a hiatus from the board. The board went down and then I got in a car wreck march 15th. The damage took 3.5 weeks to repair and I started a new job. The job has allowed me to spring for mods that I previously could only salivate over, but it has also taught me that Ford Mustangs don't come with the FX4 offroad package (new job in construction). I've got the Hurst short throw shifter on the way via RPMoutlet.com (lmperformance was 25$ more expensive, was out of stock and you had to pay for shipping, free shipping from rpmoutlet). Should come in tomorrow and I'll let you know how that install goes.

Next mod is a truetrack, 3.49s or 3.73s, JBA shorty headers, and some sort of forced induction (between turbo and xcharger right now).

So I drove an AWFUL rental car (04 sunfire), then a borrowed car (04 v6 accord, nice interrior, the auto tranny and wait for power makes me cringe.) I'm glad to be back in the mustang.

So what mods did I miss out on?
Old 4/24/06, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goliath @ April 24, 2006, 9:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello all. I doubt any of you noticed, but I took a hiatus from the board. The board went down and then I got in a car wreck march 15th. The damage took 3.5 weeks to repair and I started a new job. The job has allowed me to spring for mods that I previously could only salivate over, but it has also taught me that Ford Mustangs don't come with the FX4 offroad package (new job in construction). I've got the Hurst short throw shifter on the way via RPMoutlet.com (lmperformance was 25$ more expensive, was out of stock and you had to pay for shipping, free shipping from rpmoutlet). Should come in tomorrow and I'll let you know how that install goes.

Next mod is a truetrack, 3.49s or 3.73s, JBA shorty headers, and some sort of forced induction (between turbo and xcharger right now).

So I drove an AWFUL rental car (04 sunfire), then a borrowed car (04 v6 accord, nice interrior, the auto tranny and wait for power makes me cringe.) I'm glad to be back in the mustang.

So what mods did I miss out on?
[/b][/quote]

Welcome back!!!! Quick summary:

1. Scrming ran a 13.13, he is king
2. Jimp/Black ran a 13.5 on DR's
3. Fazm and Blaster are at 14.5 on bolt ons
4. mm49 is at 14.3 on bolt ons
5. Afixer got the Xcharger!!!!!!!!!!
5. New throttle body dosent show a gain NA, Doug things it may show some gains on FI
6. MSP has been working on a project
7. Not sure what else, don't want to leave anyone out
8. Flapjack is procharged.
Not sure what else. I'm sure the others will chime in. Get the 3.73s man.
Old 4/24/06, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad you're ok from the wreck! And, welcome back!

Rygen... did you once write Cliff Notes for a living? LOL!
Old 4/24/06, 07:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamidlmt @ April 24, 2006, 9:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad you're ok from the wreck! And, welcome back!

Rygen... did you once write Cliff Notes for a living? LOL!
[/b][/quote]

LOL, IT department head, I spend a good part of the day writing project plans, status reports and executive briefings. Yuk. My senior engineers let me build a router, firewall or server from time to time to maintain my sanity. LOL.
Old 4/25/06, 01:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 24, 2006, 8:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Welcome back!!!! Quick summary:

1. Scrming ran a 13.13, he is king
2. Jimp/Black ran a 13.5 on DR's
3. Fazm and Blaster are at 14.5 on bolt ons
4. mm49 is at 14.3 on bolt ons
5. Afixer got the Xcharger!!!!!!!!!!
5. New throttle body dosent show a gain NA, Doug things it may show some gains on FI
6. MSP has been working on a project
7. Not sure what else, don't want to leave anyone out
8. Flapjack is procharged.
Not sure what else. I'm sure the others will chime in. Get the 3.73s man.
[/b][/quote]

Rygen ran a 13.6 with friggin' PNeros!
Old 4/25/06, 04:15 AM
GT Member

nice! sounds like the 12 barrier is about to be broken by lots of people. 13.6 on Pneros is pretty amazing, as I understand, those aren't the best tires to run an ET on (however, much better than traction TAs).

Sounds like I've got some catching up to do.
Old 4/25/06, 06:21 AM
GT Member

Not to be off topic but...

Speaking of tires, is there any tires that I can get that give good milage on the street and better performance on the track? Pretty much just wider all the way around and give better traction? Im not at that level to where you get to the track & jack up the rear and change the tires out to slicks or DR's. I hardly go the the track (right now that is!!) I just want good tires that will make a diff when I go to the track or when Im on the street? Do they make Street/DR's with good milage? I like the low profile look and stuff but I don't want to pay $600.00 every 6 - 8 months for tires. I hear every 15,000 miles you haft to replace them? Thats crazy no? Did I hear wrong? Plus you gotta buy the rims. Heck this August will be a year that I've had my car and I still got lots of life to my stock tires. lol
Old 4/25/06, 06:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ricklmesa@***.net @ April 25, 2006, 8:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not to be off topic but...

Speaking of tires, is there any tires that I can get that give good milage on the street and better performance on the track? Pretty much just wider all the way around and give better traction? Im not at that level to where you get to the track & jack up the rear and change the tires out to slicks or DR's. I hardly go the the track (right now that is!!) I just want good tires that will make a diff when I go to the track or when Im on the street? Do they make Street/DR's with good milage? I like the low profile look and stuff but I don't want to pay $600.00 every 6 - 8 months for tires. I hear every 15,000 miles you haft to replace them? Thats crazy no? Did I hear wrong? Plus you gotta buy the rims. Heck this August will be a year that I've had my car and I still got lots of life to my stock tires. lol
[/b][/quote]

I know exactly where you are comming from. I just bought new 17x9 black bullits and Nitto 450's for street and occasional track use. I got 275/50/17 for the back, and 255/50/17 for the front.

I will take my old stock bullits and put a set of DR's on them when I am ready. My goal is to hit 13.4-13.5 on street tire Nitto 450's and then move to DR's.