GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Wideband Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/05, 04:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of purchasing this kit. Wondering if anyone had different recommendation for a wideband kit. Thanks.

The Innovate “Standalone Gauge Kit” comes complete with the NEW! LC-1 Wideband Controller, NEW! XD-1 Programmable Digital Gauge, Bosch 5-wire Wideband 02 Sensor, Bung/Plug Kit, Software CD, and owners manual.

The LC-1 is a complete wideband controller built in to a sealed cable. It features the same award-winning patented digital measurement principal found in the LM-1, and includes digital input, output, and 2 programmable analog outputs.

The Innovate XD-1 dash-mountable Digital Gauge features programmable LED colors and remote control button to start and stop LM-1 log sessions or initiate calibration. The entire gauge is a mere .750" thick, so it's possible to mount even in surface mount configurations. The display features a 3 character central LED display, remote control button, and a programmable digital needle. The body is a billet aluminum bezel.
Old 10/9/05, 07:34 AM

What is the price tag?And could you give me the web page to check it out?
Old 10/9/05, 08:12 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mikem@October 9, 2005, 7:37 AM
What is the price tag?And could you give me the web page to check it out?

$399.99

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/c...&cat=252&page=1
Old 10/9/05, 08:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ZeroK,

I have the LC-1. I would LOVE to tell you that I have installed it and datalogged and everything, but that would be a lie! I didn't have the right tool to remove the forward O2 sensor last weekend!

While I don't have any hands on experience, Innovative has a very good reputation and I have no doubt it will work as advertised when I DO get that tool!
Old 10/9/05, 11:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by RRRoamer@October 9, 2005, 8:26 PM
ZeroK,

I have the LC-1. I would LOVE to tell you that I have installed it and datalogged and everything, but that would be a lie! I didn't have the right tool to remove the forward O2 sensor last weekend!

While I don't have any hands on experience, Innovative has a very good reputation and I have no doubt it will work as advertised when I DO get that tool!
For installation is there welding involved? Someone said for installation I'll probably need someone with welding experience for the 02 sensor.
Old 10/10/05, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

ZeroK,

There doesn't have to be. The LC-1 can output both the wideband signal AND a faux narrow band signal. Basically, that means you can replace one of the FRONT stock O2 sensors with the wideband sensor and feed the narrow band "signal" to the ECU via the stock harness to keep your cars computer happy. You would then collect the wideband signal either directly through the PC interface or through something like the SCT Excalibrator 2 to datalog it along with all the other ECU data.

The other option is to weld the bung onto one of the stock manifolds (in front of the cats!) and leave all the stock sensors in place and functional. This would be harder to install mechanically (you would have to pull a manifold and have it drilled and weld the bung on), but it would be simplier electrically because you would completely bypass the cars electrical system.

Either way works and either way you get to tinker with your car. Electrical or mechanical. Pick your poison!
Old 11/29/05, 08:40 AM
GT Member

I'm looking at installing AEM Wideband Controller, but I wanted to see if you guys think these I found are the same - check out the price difference though. Jegs has it at $279.99, and RPM Outlet has it at $327.95 after instant $50.00 rebate.

Jegs AEM Wideband

RPM Outlet AEM Wideband

I can't tell if the one from Jegs is just the controller, just the gauge, or the complete kit.
Old 11/29/05, 06:19 PM

look into the dynojet wide band.It is made by autometer for them and it matches the other autometer gauges 100%
Old 11/29/05, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ZeroK@October 9, 2005, 4:26 AM
Thinking of purchasing this kit. Wondering if anyone had different recommendation for a wideband kit. Thanks.
The Innovate “Standalone Gauge Kit” comes complete with the NEW! LC-1 Wideband Controller, NEW! XD-1 Programmable Digital Gauge, Bosch 5-wire Wideband 02 Sensor, Bung/Plug Kit, Software CD, and owners manual.

The LC-1 is a complete wideband controller built in to a sealed cable. It features the same award-winning patented digital measurement principal found in the LM-1, and includes digital input, output, and 2 programmable analog outputs.

The Innovate XD-1 dash-mountable Digital Gauge features programmable LED colors and remote control button to start and stop LM-1 log sessions or initiate calibration. The entire gauge is a mere .750" thick, so it's possible to mount even in surface mount configurations. The display features a 3 character central LED display, remote control button, and a programmable digital needle. The body is a billet aluminum bezel.
I have this set up. It was not to bad to install. I installed it while installing my Longtube headers. I also am not running cats. I also welded the bung in myself. I hate to say it but I have not datalogged with it yet. I do not have a laptop and am waiting for my daughter to come home from college to use hers. It seems to work good. Alls I am reading is actual A/F at wideopen. Everything else is the computer keeping it at stoich(14.7).
Old 11/30/05, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Firedude@November 29, 2005, 10:06 PM
I have this set up. It was not to bad to install. I installed it while installing my Longtube headers. I also am not running cats. I also welded the bung in myself. I hate to say it but I have not datalogged with it yet. I do not have a laptop and am waiting for my daughter to come home from college to use hers. It seems to work good. Alls I am reading is actual A/F at wideopen. Everything else is the computer keeping it at stoich(14.7).
On the bright side, your computer IS keeping it at 14.7 when it should be!
Old 11/30/05, 02:24 PM

I have the LM1 from Innovate, but have yet to install it. I hear it's one of the best out there.