GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

where to begin

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/08, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to begin

I would first like to say how happy I am to have a Mustang GT. I bought it about a month ago and I am stoked. It is an 06'. But I have run into a wall. I want to add more HP but, keep it as a daily driver just a little more power then a stock GT. I want the power of that a supercharger has to offer. And im pretty sure i want to use a roush supercharger. Are there any mods I should make before purchasing a supercharger. BTW my car is completely stock now.
Old 5/29/08, 12:12 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I am not yet SC'ed myself and have been looking. I don't think there is anything you must do first, but there will be some things for traction and depending upon boost amount you may need to do after such as clutch. The injectors and such should come with the kit.

However with some research I think you will find that the majority do not recommend the Roushcharger unless you are purposely having it installed by authorized dealership/mechanic in order to maintain some warranty. I am looking into Saleen from Brenspeed, but there is of course Whipple, Paxton, Vortech, and even some other members with Turbo setups and from what I have read from more than one member is that if they could do it again they would not go Roush. Just check on it as I have not had any yet, but I'm sure others will see this post and chime in. Welcome to the site and congrats on the Stang.
Old 5/29/08, 12:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Buy it. Do it. I don't have one but you'll like it.
Old 5/29/08, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I am not yet SC'ed myself and have been looking. I don't think there is anything you must do first, but there will be some things for traction and depending upon boost amount you may need to do after such as clutch. The injectors and such should come with the kit.

However with some research I think you will find that the majority do not recommend the Roushcharger unless you are purposely having it installed by authorized dealership/mechanic in order to maintain some warranty. I am looking into Saleen from Brenspeed, but there is of course Whipple, Paxton, Vortech, and even some other members with Turbo setups and from what I have read from more than one member is that if they could do it again they would not go Roush. Just check on it as I have not had any yet, but I'm sure others will see this post and chime in. Welcome to the site and congrats on the Stang.

Thanks, the roush just seemed to be in the middle as far as HP and it had some kind of warranty for the motor seemed like thats why I was considering the roush. But the Whipple H.O seems like it would be a beast I am just not sure if 500 hp wouldnt be too much for the motor.
Old 5/29/08, 07:51 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I really don't know, thats why I'm considering a Saleen form Brenspeed. You might try changing title of thread to "Which Supercharger to get, and WHY?"
Old 5/29/08, 01:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can get a cai/tuner now and when your ready use that cai/tuner for your supercharger... Also I would get a saleen s/c if I were you. The roush charger is good but it is more expensive and not capable of as much horsepower. In other words the saleen is a better bang for the buck supercharger...There are a few intakes out there that will work with the saleen supercharger I believe...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 5/29/08 at 01:36 PM.
Old 5/29/08, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

There is something that you will need first....... Brakes! Having a S/C and not having one is a HUGE difference in power. After I got my S/C put on, I didn't even want to drive the car anymore, as I was having a really hard time stopping, then the next mod was BRAKES. When I would have the car past 100mph with the s/c and had to slow down, the car would be literally shaking... It was bad... In alot of instances I didn't think I would be able to stop in time... Very scary.
Old 6/1/08, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

If you're looking for power roush is NOT the way to go. Whipple, KB, or Saleen are the routes I would suggest. If you get a saleen installed at a licensed dealership/installer you can maintain warranty as well. Then when you decide you want more power it, unlike the roush atleast has the capability of much higher boost levels.
Old 6/1/08, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

well, if you are planning on getting a supercharger in the very near future, i would suggest long tube headers and a handheld tuner. no sense in getting an intake since that will be coming off anyways... unless like sonicboost said, you go saleen. although, i believe you would need to either get an aftermarket hood or drop the engine with lower motor mounts.

then again, you can just go the route i did and go turbo. that way you don't even need the long tubes.... or aftermarket shorties for that matter. the stock shorties are more than up to the task.

i would also hold off on gears until after you get the s/c or turbo on. the stock gears may be enough for you. idk. so far the stock gears are fine for me. gotta kind of watch slightly spirited take-offs from the stop light as it is right now or else i will lose traction.

love the near stock driving.... that is until i hit around 2300-2500 rpms and the turbo starts kicking in.