GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Vortech / Brenspeed combo complete!

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/07, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
yeah thats just how centrifugal superchargers sound...I believe its just the way the impellars are designed when the air flows through them
thanks!
Old 4/3/07, 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Dyno sheet.......

Old 4/3/07, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Dyno sheet.......

Lookin good! That AF line is awesome. Did you drive it to work today to show her off? I would have. I wouldn't sleep tonight!
Scott
Old 4/3/07, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Dyno sheet.......
Impressive!

And now for the vids...
Old 4/3/07, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Lookin good! That AF line is awesome. Did you drive it to work today to show her off? I would have. I wouldn't sleep tonight!
Scott
I was pretty impressed how smooth he got that line...... I didn't drive it to work today because it's raining and storming out. To top it off, a buddy of mine at work just picked up an '05 V6 'vert yesterday and drove it in, parked it right beside my spot. He was telling me how much he was surprised that the V6 was "so peppy"........ I wanted to run out to the lot to show him mine but I couldn't LOL!!!

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Impressive!

And now for the vids...
Was the rain is gone my friend, there will be plenty of vids!
Old 4/3/07, 04:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I... a buddy of mine at work just picked up an '05 V6 'vert yesterday and drove it in, parked it right beside my spot. He was telling me how much he was surprised that the V6 was "so peppy"..
Go easy on him, Tom, or else he'll regret getting the V6 to no end!
Old 4/3/07, 04:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

haha you're right! Oh BTW, gotta a question for you, gonna send you a PM.
Old 4/3/07, 04:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Since your kinda new to this whole car scene (Butt wipe) Maybe a couple of us older and more experienced mustangers need to come to Indiana to give your new found power a real test. Experience is something that only comes with age and it is clear you are lacking in that department. I assume you youngins in Indiana were also taught to respect you elders ( and their opinions) when you were growing up. I am sure I could convince STD to come over and help me enlighten you on how to properly break in your new found power! I am willing to do this at no expense to you. ( Since you almost broke because you went to Hawaii last week) What do you say????????
Scott
Old 4/3/07, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hahaha I say, "anytime, pops!" Whenever you two farts are man enough...... LOL!!

However, 31 is the new 50 on the maturity scale......
so I know where you're coming from....

(you guys need to go to the midwest forum and plan to go to Brenspeed's dyno day!)
Old 4/3/07, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So Tom is there any negative affects of not running an intercooler??
Old 4/3/07, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The immediate disadvantage is less power...... to give you an idea, a 'cooled kit at similar boost is pushing about 470-480 at the wheels. Brent thought that the 430 range with no 'cooler is about as safe as you want to go. The 'cooler allows you to run more timing, and also more dense air (lower intake temps) means more power.

The other advantage of a 'cooler is less chance of detonation- you don't want detonation on these motors. But, a safe tune (less timing, plenty of fuel), running a good consistent 93 octane, and COMMON SENSE should make up for the lack of a 'cooler.

Like I mentioned, I plan to upgrade later and then increase the power slightly. BUT, I don't think personnally that I want to go much more than 470 rwhp on the stock internals.
Old 4/3/07, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The immediate disadvantage is less power...... to give you an idea, a 'cooled kit at similar boost is pushing about 470-480 at the wheels. Brent thought that the 430 range with no 'cooler is about as safe as you want to go. The 'cooler allows you to run more timing, and also more dense air (lower intake temps) means more power.

The other advantage of a 'cooler is less chance of detonation- you don't want detonation on these motors. But, a safe tune (less timing, plenty of fuel), running a good consistent 93 octane, and COMMON SENSE should make up for the lack of a 'cooler.

Like I mentioned, I plan to upgrade later and then increase the power slightly. BUT, I don't think personnally that I want to go much more than 470 rwhp on the stock internals.
Thanks for the info. I don't blame you for not wanting to go higher I wouldn't either. With that said what's the exact kit you have because I went to the vortech site and they have like 20 different options ranging from like 3,000-5,000.
Old 4/3/07, 06:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Mine is not really an "off the shelf" Vortech kit- it was one that Brenspeed put together. I'm using:
  • Vortech V2 SQ (super quiet) blower head unit [polished], blow-off valve, and mass-air housing. Has the standard pulley (3.8" if I remember right).
  • 39lb Ford (Cobra) injectors (good to around 500 rwhp)
  • Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump (Brenspeed prefers this unit for anything less than 500 rwhp)
  • I also have Ford CMRC delete plates.......
Please contact Brenspeed via email or phone for more info and pricing, but I think that Brent said this kit would retail for around $4000 or less, including everything mentioned above and the tune. I think that may include the tuner (SCT X2) too, which you wouldn't need. Again, please contact them because they were trying to finalize the pricing and they will be offering them in a couple of weeks- they wanted to wait and make sure I was happy with the tune before they start emailing them out to other customers.

Otherwise, their complete Paxton kits are like $4800 or $5000 for the polished.......
Old 4/3/07, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Mine is not really an "off the shelf" Vortech kit- it was one that Brenspeed put together. I'm using:
  • Vortech V2 SQ (super quiet) blower head unit [polished], blow-off valve, and mass-air housing. Has the standard pulley (3.8" if I remember right).
  • 39lb Ford (Cobra) injectors (good to around 500 rwhp)
  • Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump (Brenspeed prefers this unit for anything less than 500 rwhp)
  • I also have Ford CMRC delete plates.......
Please contact Brenspeed via email or phone for more info and pricing, but I think that Brent said this kit would retail for around $4000 or less, including everything mentioned above and the tune. I think that may include the tuner (SCT X2) too, which you wouldn't need. Again, please contact them because they were trying to finalize the pricing and they will be offering them in a couple of weeks- they wanted to wait and make sure I was happy with the tune before they start emailing them out to other customers.

Otherwise, their complete Paxton kits are like $4800 or $5000 for the polished.......
Thanks once again. Not that I can afford one right now but good to here I can get blown for under $4000.
Old 4/3/07, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Anytime Leo...... let me know if you need anything else.
Old 4/3/07, 08:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom, after you install your cooler, are you going to install LT headers or does Brent think the cost out weighs the gains? 470-480 at the meat is killer. would the LT's push you to 500 without anymore strain on the motor!
Old 4/3/07, 08:06 PM

Congrats, Just looking at you dyno graph you are still building horsepower when they let out of it on the dyno. The line is headed straight up and doesnt appear to be going down anytime soon, but thats what centrifugal blowers are known for great mid-range and top-end power. That setup looks sweet! I think my wallet will be getting a little lighter.
Old 4/3/07, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Tom, after you install your cooler, are you going to install LT headers or does Brent think the cost out weighs the gains? 470-480 at the meat is killer. would the LT's push you to 500 without anymore strain on the motor!
I think I'm done with performance mods, besides the 'cooler that is. I can get the 'cooler for the price of a set of longtubes, and that should put me right at the 480 range and probably be "safer" than I am now atleast in terms of avoiding detonation. Plus, after my all-winter exhaust escapades, I'm alittle "exhausted" on playing with the exhaust! Offroad H, resonators, and Borlas sound too good to mess with!

Originally Posted by Modular81
Congrats, Just looking at you dyno graph you are still building horsepower when they let out of it on the dyno. The line is headed straight up and doesnt appear to be going down anytime soon, but thats what centrifugal blowers are known for great mid-range and top-end power. That setup looks sweet! I think my wallet will be getting a little lighter.

Thanks! One thing I forgot to point out on my tune, is that at 5600rpm you can see where Brent took alittle extra bit of timing out; you can see it on the graph. He did that for additional security at higher rpms..... because otherwise, you're right that Vortech blower just keeps on pulling!
Old 4/3/07, 10:01 PM

From the ways the graph looks, your car will make over 450rwhp if they continued the pull up to 6500rpms. That thing is strong!
Old 4/4/07, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice! I just picked up a used Vortech kit ($2000, couldn't pass up the price) and I wish I was back at Purdue so Brenspeed could install it. Maybe it's time for a homecoming visit.

Tom, sorry for the newb question... why'd you go back to the factory pulleys? Is that required?

Quick Reply: Vortech / Brenspeed combo complete!