GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Vortech / Brenspeed combo complete!

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/07, 05:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom, when the Vortec kicks in, have you noticed any elevated motor temp changes!...
Old 4/2/07, 06:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Nothing on the gauge, but the factory gauges are basically just idiot lights anyway. My air conditioning and battery are doing alittle better though, since the factory pullies have been reinstalled.
Old 4/2/07, 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Nice Install!!!
Old 4/2/07, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man Tom that is a dream come true for you! It looks great, sounds great and from the short vids looks like it's smooth as butter up to the redline.

sweet
Old 4/2/07, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow - that sounds great!
Old 4/2/07, 07:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Question the first video the sound like a blade clanging on a wall is that ok ?
Old 4/2/07, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

This is probably 'cause I'm just not familiar with superchargers, but is it supposed to sound so "rattly" at the engine?

Sounds great at the exhaust and when you get on it!
Old 4/2/07, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

yeah thats just how centrifugal superchargers sound...I believe its just the way the impellars are designed when the air flows through them
Old 4/2/07, 07:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep...... thanks for answering Matt.
Old 4/2/07, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
yeah thats just how centrifugal superchargers sound...I believe its just the way the impellars are designed when the air flows through them

Way to go Tom. I need to get that tune as I am only making 400hp with the aftercooler.

BTW, the noise is due to extremely loose back lash in the impellers. As the impellers heat up they expand and the loose back lash prevents the impellers from binding. When you load them up upon acceleration the are almost quiet, as you let off the gas they start to make noise again. Mine sounds the same.
Old 4/2/07, 07:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll try to post the dyno sheet tomorrow...... msully, you should call Brent and talk to him....I know he said this tune is much different than the tune he uses for the intercooled kit; I'm sure he can hook you up!
Old 4/2/07, 08:26 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Tom

Looks to cool ...I bet you got a smile a mile wide on your face. Enjoy!!
Old 4/2/07, 09:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats. Nice.
Old 4/3/07, 04:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
I notice that he's been pretty quiet today...... maybe he forgot where he is ! J/K
I was your 3rd post way back in the morning. Long before they had the wake up call at the nursing home where STD stays. The car looks and sounds great. Can't wait to see it in person. Count me in on the seniors discount BTW.
Scott
Old 4/3/07, 05:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice Tom, grats on the new power. my guess is you are going to be adding a lot of miles in the next few weeks.
Old 4/3/07, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I was your 3rd post way back in the morning. Long before they had the wake up call at the nursing home where STD stays. The car looks and sounds great. Can't wait to see it in person. Count me in on the seniors discount BTW.
Scott
Scott, They wake me up every three hours to change my diaper!... Lets wait a few weeks and see if Tom detonates his motor or not!......if it survives (tom439), by the way! thats how he wants to be referred to now!....Then we'll make are pitch for the Senior Discount!.......
Old 4/3/07, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Tom, awesome to see the finished products & results. Also what made you change your mind from Brent's Paxton kit, I remember following your interest & that's also one I've looked into as well? Looks like people are doing awesome things with the Vortech's. For anyone that hasn't seen this already here's the link to what Alternative Auto's doing with Vortech & Alcohol. http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...h-alcohol.html
Old 4/3/07, 09:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Scott.......Lets wait a few weeks and see if Tom detonates his motor or not!......if it survives.......
Don't be blowin' me no bad karma, pops..... that ain't funny !

Originally Posted by Rudiepoo1
Tom, awesome to see the finished products & results. Also what made you change your mind from Brent's Paxton kit, I remember following your interest & that's also one I've looked into as well? Looks like people are doing awesome things with the Vortech's. For anyone that hasn't seen this already here's the link to what Alternative Auto's doing with Vortech & Alcohol. http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...h-alcohol.html
The main reason why I changed my mind on the Paxton was only because of the offer Brenspeed made me to be one of their test cars for this Vortech kit. I wanted a Paxton, but after weighing the cost difference, this was a no-brainer for me. Remember that this kit is not 'cooled, plus they gave me a big discount on the materials and labor. I plan to upgrade this kit with the Paxton 'cooler later this summer; I like the Paxton air-to-air as opposed to the Vortech air-to-water.
Old 4/3/07, 11:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Don't be blowin' me no bad karma, pops..... that ain't funny Oop's! ....Sorry "Young Gun" I wasn't trying to send any negative vibes!........but I have seen your donut video!.. Well anyway back on subject ..........looking forward to a video of you banging some gears! on a 1/4 mile stretch of pavement!! filmed by lets say a copilot! not you holding the camera in your teeth!.........or is everyone in northern Indiana hesitant to ride with you!......
Old 4/3/07, 01:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Don't be blowin' me no bad karma, pops..... that ain't funny Oop's! ....Sorry "Young Gun" I wasn't trying to send any negative vibes!........but I have seen your donut video!.. Well anyway back on subject ..........looking forward to a video of you banging some gears! on a 1/4 mile stretch of pavement!! filmed by lets say a copilot! not you holding the camera in your teeth!.........or is everyone in northern Indiana hesitant to ride with you!......
Nobody likes me......

I'll figure out a way to make a great vid soon and get it here..... I'll atleast try to get the dyno sheet up today.

Quick Reply: Vortech / Brenspeed combo complete!